Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Casting tidbits; Chloe Returns!
Topic Started: Sep 24 2007, 09:39 PM (3,005 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

* Rick Fitts playing mysterious "Umar Abboud" September 25th. He wants to take Deemarquett and Artemis away from Nick.

* The role of "Ford Decker," a good looking frat guy at Salem U, will be played by Matthew Florida. Ford will first appear on Tuesday, October 9th.

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/comings_and_goings/

ETA:Nadia News!

September 24, 2007 - Monday

Big News Chloe is back!!!

Hi Everyone,

Just got the word for Nadia Management (Melissa Prophet) that she landed a 2 year contract with Days of Our Lives it's the best deal in history... Our Chloe is Coming back..

When I get more info I'll let you know the date on when she returns..

Congradulations Nadia we missed you on DOOL!!!

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...logID=313051377
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

They are continuing with the wild names - Umar and Ford

Where do they come up with these names and why all of a sudden do they want to use all these weird names. Is there a prize for the weirdest character names in soaps or something that I haven't heard about.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Both names are so stereotypical and awful.

The good news is the Umar guy is like a two day character. I hope the Ford guy is short-term too. I heard rumors about his place in story and, if they are true, it should be short.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

This was posted on Dustin's rumor page a few weeks ago about the Ford character:

It looks like Days is going to get some more younger leading hunks! They are casting for Ford Decker, who should begin airing sometime in October. Ford is a 20ish hunk, caucasian, said to be a major recurring character. He's in college, the school's star athlete and in the hottest fraternity. He's a ladies man with a bit of mystery and danger about him. (note: the name or other details could possibly change by time the role is cast)

Speculation: Given Chelsea and Stephanie, who are involved in this whole Salem University storyline this fall, already have enough men in their lives . . . could this guy be for Abby should they be bringing her back after all?

http://www.soapoperafan.com/days/rmill.html

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Thanks for that Angie.

The "mystery and danger" angle fits with something that was posted on another board as a story rumor. If that rumor is true, I can see this guy lasting like 3-4 weeks at most but we'll see.

King
Member Avatar

Well Demarquette and Artemis are their names, IMO, because they will be Stefano's kids and he has a pretty long history of weird named children. :lol:

Kenny
Member Avatar

Here's another bit of possible casting information...

On Nadia Bjorlin's MySpace page, all of her fans are congratulating her on the 2-year contract with Days and leaving tons of "Welcome home, Chloe!!" messages.

Not sure where the news originated or what the hell... but, it seems that the drabby voiced bitch is BACK.

King
Member Avatar

Kenny
Sep 24 2007, 10:51 PM

On Nadia Bjorlin's MySpace page, all of her fans are congratulating her on the 2-year contract with Days and leaving tons of "Welcome home, Chloe!!" messages.

Not sure where the news originated or what the hell... but, it seems that the drabby voiced bitch is BACK.

YES!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Sep 24 2007, 10:50 PM
Thanks for that Angie.

The "mystery and danger" angle fits with something that was posted on another board as a story rumor.  If that rumor is true, I can see this guy lasting like 3-4 weeks at most but we'll see.

Could you tell us what the rumored story is? Because by the casting call, it sounds like he's here to stay.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kenny
Sep 24 2007, 11:51 PM

FUCKING AWESOME! :D

Welcome home, Chloe! Now bring on some SHLOE!

Mason
Member Avatar

I like Chloe...but it is SO not necessary for her to return - especially on a long-term contract.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Sep 24 2007, 11:01 PM
PhoenixRising05
Sep 24 2007, 10:50 PM
Thanks for that Angie.

The "mystery and danger" angle fits with something that was posted on another board as a story rumor.  If that rumor is true, I can see this guy lasting like 3-4 weeks at most but we'll see.

Could you tell us what the rumored story is? Because by the casting call, it sounds like he's here to stay.

I read somewhere that Stephanie was going to meet a guy at a party and he was going to take advantage of her. Chelsea and Jeremy would rescue her and this story would show how much he truly loves Chelsea and would redeem Jeremy. Again, I don't know how true it is but it's something I heard and I wonder if this guy is the guy that does it. If he is, I can see him only remaining on long enough to play this out, which is why I wasn't so sure he would be sticking around.

As for the Chloe news, she is needed in some ways. She is a recent face and they could use a 4th player in the Shawn/Belle/Philip stuff to freshen that up. I would rather have her then Mimi and she is even a potential love interest for Max. Darin and Nadia would be hot together. I just hope, if she is back, it is on contract so she doesn't pull that coming and going shit. JER made her a horrible character but I would like to see what Hogan can do with her. Plus, I think many would rather see her then Jeremy, Jett, etc.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Here's a picture of Rick Fitts:

Posted Image

Could not find anything on Matthew Florida. He doesn't even have an IMDb entry. So this must be his first role.

I sure hope both of these are gone by the time we get the IWBASS winner in another new role.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Glad to see Chloe back, at least it's a familar face with history.

The Shawn/Belle/Philip triangle finally has someone in their age group.

Mason
Member Avatar

Don't get me wrong. I'd MUCH rather see Chloe than Mimi, Jeremy, Jett or Stephanie. There's no comparison there. I just don't think it's necessary to bring her back when they gave her the perfect sendoff with Brady.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

September 24, 2007 - Monday

Big News Chloe is back!!!

Hi Everyone,

Just got the word for Nadia Management (Melissa Prophet) that she landed a 2 year contract with Days of Our Lives it's the best deal in history... Our Chloe is Coming back..

When I get more info I'll let you know the date on when she returns..

Congradulations Nadia we missed you on DOOL!!!

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...logID=313051377

Mason
Member Avatar

the best deal in history?

Oh, God, I don't even want to think about how much they're paying her.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

I don't understand why they bent over backwards for Nadia OF ALL PEOPLE...

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason AKA Hogan
Sep 24 2007, 11:34 PM
the best deal in history?

Oh, God, I don't even want to think about how much they're paying her.

I think that means they will still allow her to do other things, in which case I hate because we may see her come and go.

Then again, her career hasn't been that great since leaving. It's hasn't been bad but nothing huge so who knows. I just hope we see her staying put more then leaving every few months. That really ruined her last go round.

It seems Nadia really loves the show is very loyal though. She keeps coming back and I always loved her as a person.

Mason
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Sep 24 2007, 11:36 PM
I don't understand why they bent over backwards for Nadia OF ALL PEOPLE...

I know! I mean, I have nothing against her, but of ALL people...I mean, this is a contract that could, and SHOULD have gone to Leann Hunley for Christ's sakes! :angry:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply