Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Casting tidbits; Chloe Returns!
Topic Started: Sep 24 2007, 09:39 PM (2,950 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

GAAAAAAGGGGGG!!

Maybe it's the "best deal in history" because she'll get paid a bunch and only have to appear twice a month? Please, please!

I just can't take this bitch A-G-A-I-N.

The constant leaving and coming back and leaving and coming back is so frustrating! Stay or go, damn it! Just when I think I'm rid of her forever, bitch goes and pulls this kind of shit.

I don't care about her. The only good that can come from this is if Chloe comes back to Salem with the news that Brady is dead. Then she can leave again.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason AKA Hogan
Sep 24 2007, 11:37 PM
Y&RWorldTurner
Sep 24 2007, 11:36 PM
I don't understand why they bent over backwards for Nadia OF ALL PEOPLE...

I know! I mean, I have nothing against her, but of ALL people...I mean, this is a contract that could, and SHOULD have gone to Leann Hunley for Christ's sakes! :angry:

I am wondering if LeAnn even wants a contract? Just throwing that though out there. She has had success outside of Days so perhaps she wants to keep her options open. Plus, Thaoo only signed for a year so maybe it was her choice to stay on recurring to see what he does eventually. Just a though because we don't know if she has been asked or not. Thaoo posted alot in the spring about what he wanted to happen this go round and it seems he got everything he wanted with LeAnn coming back and so forth so I figure if he pushed for her to have a contract (and he has been pushing) she would have one already if she wanted one. Maybe I'm wrong but it could be more her then Days.

I also wonder if this is an attempt to keep JKJ from leaving because he did only sign for one year and only now is he getting consistently decent material.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Mason AKA Hogan
Y&RWorldTurner

I know! I mean, I have nothing against her, but of ALL people...I mean, this is a contract that could, and SHOULD have gone to Leann Hunley for Christ's sakes! :angry:

That or it could've gone to someone a lot of viewers actually want back, like Matt Ashford or Louise Sorel. <_<

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I would love for it to be Louise, Matt, or even Arianne but I can see why they would bring her back.

There is story there and she is a recent face that was very popular. At least this move has some sense to it rather then some of the other moves or decisions over the past few years.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

By what Leann has posted in her guestbook in the past she sounds like she wants a contract.

I am not happy about Nadia coming back AT ALL. I guess if the storyline is decent and she doesn't just bitch and act all superficial I might be able to tolerate her.

What about Brady? They divorced? I would rather have Nicole back. I loved her!

Mason

MY POINT WAS that it could have gone to someone much more deserving and much more wanted by fans, like Matt, Louise, etc. that you all have suggested.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I think if Leann didn't want a contract Thaao would have known. Even recently he made a post that there was still no contract for Leann. It has been about a month or so.

They have really wasted her comeback if you ask me. They use her so infrequently that any excitement that is built up about it is wasted.

Mason

PhoenixRising05
Sep 24 2007, 11:43 PM
There is story there and she is a recent face that was very popular. At least this move has some sense to it rather then some of the other moves or decisions over the past few years.

That's where I have to disagree with you. There's no more story because they told it, and gave it a good ending with closure. So why bring her back when she's not needed and the majority of fans don't even like her?

King
Member Avatar

Sure, she didn't HAVE to come back, but I'm happy nonetheless. I heart Nadia.

It should be interesting to see how they explain Brady.

Thanks for the scoops, Kenny and Angie!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason AKA Hogan
Sep 25 2007, 12:01 AM
PhoenixRising05
Sep 24 2007, 11:43 PM
There is story there and she is a recent face that was very popular.  At least this move has some sense to it rather then some of the other moves or decisions over the past few years.

That's where I have to disagree with you. There's no more story because they told it, and gave it a good ending with closure. So why bring her back when she's not needed and the majority of fans don't even like her?

Her cancer could return, they could pair her with Philip or Max, she could move her singing act to Salem, etc.

My point is Chloe is a young character that still has plenty of fresh story ideas and she is familiar to fans. I also wouldn't say the majority of fans hate her when she was part of one hell of a fanbase war in the early 2000's between Phloe and Broe. She has alot of fans.

I agree it could've went to someone more deserving. I was merely saying I understand why they did it. I like Chloe and Nadia. I don't love her but I can deal with her, except under JER's pen.

As for Leann, I was merely making the suggestion it could be her preference just like it's John Aniston's or Passions' Andrea Evans. That was all. Someone else on another board made the same suggestion so I just thought I would post it and see what people thought.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Angie79
Sep 24 2007, 11:57 PM
By what Leann has posted in her guestbook in the past she sounds like she wants a contract.

I am not happy about Nadia coming back AT ALL. I guess if the storyline is decent and she doesn't just bitch and act all superficial I might be able to tolerate her.

What about Brady? They divorced? I would rather have Nicole back. I loved her!

OK the Ford Decker name just SUCKS. Is that some reference to "Blade Runner"? Or is the frat guy going to have a best friend named Chevy Black? With all these insipid and stereotypical names I just feel like Hogan Sheffer is treating DOOL like an inside joke or something. And here we have yet another multi-week newbie dayplayer getting shoved down our throats it sounds like while so many contract and recurring vets we know and love sit on the shelves.

As for Nadia returning... my first reaction is UGH. I hate hate hate Chloe Vain. I actually liked her when she was the "ghoul girl" and liked her with Phillip at the very beginning and liked her stuff with Nancy, but after a while I just grew to hate her and the whole stupid storyline with the scar made me want to throw things and the whole Brady and Chloe singalongs were just very WTF? to me whenever they happened.

I also would much rather have Leann get a contract, which I believe she DOES in fact want. And I would also much rather have Ari come back and play Nicole again to help Sami get her bitch back. Hell, I'd even take Christie Clark back to play Carrie even though I'm not THAT crazy about her character either but at least she would give Anna more to do and she would also help Sami to get her bitch back.

Now that said...

If the return of Chloe can actually mix up the Phillip/Belle/Shawn triangle somehow, I will welcome that development because I'm just bored with that right now.

And Phoenix... You talk about how she is a recent face that was popular... but aren't most of the people she's popular with Broe fans who will be kind of pissed they are going to wind up breaking up Broe?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Not necessarily, IMA. There were plenty of Phloe fans too. Also, Broe fans understand Kyle is on another show so they would rather not have a recast so I think they are ok with that since they know he can't return.

I know they could've brought someone else. All I am saying is I can see why they would do this. I would love to have Nicole back over Chloe or even Jack. However, this is a move I can't argue with because I can understand it.

I should also add that I, too, believe LeAnn wants a contract. I was merely throwing the suggestion out there. Didn't realize I was stepping on any toes.

Mason

Don't get me wrong. I like Chloe. I REALLY do. I just don't think she should come back, LoL.

King
Member Avatar

I think she could really heat up Shelle/Phelle.

Mason

King
Sep 25 2007, 01:23 AM
I think she could really heat up Shelle/Phelle.

She probably could, but I hate Philip so it wouldn't really make much difference to me, LoL.

Kenny
Member Avatar

The only good thing about this is that Nadia's movie BOMBED and now she has to come skulking back with her tail stuck between her legs.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

squee
Member Avatar

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I hated Chloe :angry:

Why not bring Nicole back? Or Jack (hook him up with Billie)

But no, we get Nadia <_<

:drunk:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

PhoenixRising05
Sep 25 2007, 12:28 AM
Not necessarily, IMA. There were plenty of Phloe fans too. Also, Broe fans understand Kyle is on another show so they would rather not have a recast so I think they are ok with that since they know he can't return.

I know they could've brought someone else. All I am saying is I can see why they would do this. I would love to have Nicole back over Chloe or even Jack. However, this is a move I can't argue with because I can understand it.

I should also add that I, too, believe LeAnn wants a contract. I was merely throwing the suggestion out there. Didn't realize I was stepping on any toes.

Well I was sort of a Phloe fan before JKJ left the role, but that doesn't mean I am dying for Phloe Redux. I just wonder if there are Phloe die-hards out there who want to see that again? I mean I thought they pretty much ruined it by the end. Oh well... like I said... if this somehow livens up sHELLe/pHELLe then I will appreciate that.

But as for whether people will understand that Kyle is on BandB and not care that Broe is getting broken up... I wish that all fans were that understanding but a lot aren't. I have seen more than one person since these Nadia rumors came up express disgust that they were breaking up Broe to bring her back. The same way some Jack and Jen fans were glad that Matt Ashford wasn't on the show anymore after Missy didn't want to do it so Jack/Jen could be together in their heads and the way that some people would rather the show get cancelled than see their favorite couple broken up. Do I think this line of thinking is necessarily reasonable or does it make sense to me? No. But it is out there is all I'm saying.

sungrey

Based on some stuff I've heard, I wouldn't be surprised if Chloe's coming back for Phillip. Now that's a story I could swallow. But like everyone else, I'd wonder what da hell happened to Brady.

Jonatha

Mason AKA Hogan
Y&RWorldTurner

I'm happy Nadia is coming back. She's not the best actress but she is a very talented and beautiful young woman, and that's makes her watchable for me. I hope Chloe gets back with Philip, also hope to see some of the real life chemistry between Nadia and Brandon.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply