Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Casting tidbits; Chloe Returns!
Topic Started: Sep 24 2007, 09:39 PM (2,856 Views)
Ridge
Member Avatar

Nadia is definitely the big name that will bring fans back to this show! 2 years too!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Nadia fans were hardcore but they were fickle as hell. Did they stick around? Are the Broe/Phloe people still out there watching now; or are they going to have to try and get them back? And, um, no offense to anyone but if her fans were that hardcore she would've found some kind of success elsewhere at this point.

Frankly, I fucking hate Chloe and Nadia. I don't even think the character has a whole lot of story that needs to be told. She already had her life-threatening disease, she found her trueloveforever...I don't care enough to see her with kids and whatnot. But, I can see myself tolerating this if she's not orange from fake tanning and there is no singing. Not one song, not one note. Not even humming or whistling. I

t's a shame, though, because I think the Phillip/Belle/Shawn stuff is fairly solid and if they need a woman it's someone to mix it up with Sami. Unless they' throw us all and Chloe's coming back and will interact with Lucas.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Well, the silver lining is that Chloe's parents (Nancy and Craig) could pop up again.

If John does die (heaven forbid) I'd love to see Craig help Marlena pick up the pieces.

Mason

Ooh, I would love to see Nancy and Craig again!

King
Member Avatar

Patrika is still really active in all the DAYS charities!

squee
Member Avatar

Quote:

Well, the silver lining is that Chloe's parents (Nancy and Craig) could pop up again.

Craig, YES PLEASE! Nancy, NO!

Quote:

If John does die (heaven forbid) I'd love to see Craig help Marlena pick up the pieces.

Yum :)

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Oh Lord. Can y'all imagine the outcry if John dies but Craig and Nancy return? That would be...so much more entertaining than 90% of what's on screen, so it's almost worth it. Except for all the good people who would get so angry they pop a vein.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

px780
Sep 25 2007, 10:54 PM
Oh Lord. Can y'all imagine the outcry if John dies but Craig and Nancy return? That would be...so much more entertaining than 90% of what's on screen, so it's almost worth it. Except for all the good people who would get so angry they pop a vein.

I love the way you think. :)

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Craig and Nancy were entertaining, and different from any other couple on that show. So, I'm not opposed in the least bit to them returning.

My only concern, they're bringing back more characters than their eliminating. How are they going to balance all of these people?

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I was so thankful when we said goodbye to Chloe. She may be beautiful but she is very annoying and boring. When word first got out about her, it was for a short term for Philip. Now, they give her a two-year contract? Is this for real????? How undeserving.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Jinxed Soul
Sep 25 2007, 10:18 PM
My only concern, they're bringing back more characters than their eliminating. How are they going to balance all of these people?

Maybe the prevailing theory is that it's better to announce additions before departures, so we can be all excited about a return rather than immediately jump to "I can't believe they cut ____ for ___."

Or maybe they think it's smarter to not cut anyone, just leave them there lingering with no story until the actor gets tired of it and quits, so it's not the show's fault.

I don't think they have any intention of balancing anything, though.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I would like it if Craig and Nancy came back too. I always liked them! If Joy returns she will probably be aged to a teenager.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Brandon posted this on his MB today:

It's not 100% confirmed that Chloe is coming back to Salem.. But I do know that there is a very interesting story line in the near future.. so stay tuned!!!

http://brandonbeemer.com/forum/index.php?topic=1043.0

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Thanks Angie for keeping us up to date.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I bet Nadia wants what she had before where she can be off and on again. Ugh.

Interesting though. I think px is right in that they are hoping announcing comings first before goings will result in better reaction but they would be stupid if they think Chloe's return will soften the blow of a vet being fired. That's just ridiculous.

Add me to the list of people wanting a Craig and Nancy return. Hell, Craig and Marlena were always hot and I loved the Nancy/Marlena dynamic. The only issue is they would probably bring Joy on too and SORAS her.

Mason

God, I'd much rather NB be on contract than have her do that come and go as she pleases crap again. You're either in or out, but for God's sake, pick one and stick with it.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I don't see Nadia having an actual contract where she's allowed to come and go as she pleases. If she wanted that, they would have placed her on recurring. That's how she was in 2005 when she returned. She was on a recurring status because she wanted to do outside projects. Ashley Benson wanted to return on a recurring status so that she could do projects outside of DAYS, but the show wouldn't agree to that. They wanted her on contract and all to themselves. So I don't see Chloe having that with an apparent 2 year contract.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I hope that she doesn't get that because I think it is annoying when a character like that just comes and goes.

I only mentioned it because it seems from what BB said that the deal is being held up by a sticking point and I think that sticking point is outside work. I hope they just give her a deal where she can leave to do a movie or something but that she has to be on contract and working otherwise.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Uh-uh, bump that. There's no need to bend over backwards or do anything to accommodate Nadia's desires at all, imho. When people come back they need to come back like Alfonso or Reckell- ready to stick around forever and give a decent effort in even the crappiest storylines.

The only person they need to accommodate at all at this point is Sweeney, imho, and that's only because they've built the show around her.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Nadia is my all time hottie, so I am biased toward her and LOVE that she is coming back. However, if she wants to come back she needs to stay this time and not come and go, she doesn't deserve that whatsoever. She isnt the most talented actress, so a good paying job should be good enough.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply