Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
John Black DOOL UPDATE; - two threads merged
Topic Started: Sep 23 2007, 11:52 PM (45,932 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

It's being reported that John Black is now taping his death scenes, there is a funeral scene coming with no body and Drake is trying to get on at other networks if Corday/Sheffer don't bring him back.

Before the inevitable freakout from both John lovers and haters though I was wondering if LSkreet could shed any light on this matter since the "birdies" there also recently claimed James Scott was leaving DOOL before it was revealed the "EJ dies" headline in SOD was a false headline and also claimed Marcus Patrick was out at DOOL after Cindi Rinehart said that she had heard that, although Cindi has now said she checked on the rumor and it wasn't true and MP is safe.

-------------------------------

From Lskreet

This scene was taped today.

John was in a hit and run accident. He was rushed to the hospital with Marlena by his side. He was taken into surgery. Belle, Lucas and Sami come to the hospital. Tony and Anna are already there visiting Stefano.

I'm not sure if John dies or not. I'm sorry my source can only give me daily updates. I'll give you more info as it becomes available to me.

UPDATE
Guys I hate to say it but all signs point to John not making it.

Half of Salem gathered at the hospital around John's bed and had good bye talks with him. Marlena, Bo, Hope, Steve, Kayla, Sami, Lucas, Belle, Shawn, Grandpa and Grandma Shawn, Kate. John is in and out of consciousness (sp?) most of the time.

UPDATE
And for your final update on John Black he is indeed dead. Funeral scenes were taped today. Pretty much everyone in Salem was in attendence.

Just to name a few....Bo, Hope, Steve, Kayla, Abe, Lexie, Jett, Celeste, Marlena, Belle, Sami, Lucas, Roman, Billie, Chelsea, Maggie

Abe and Belle speak at the funeral. Abe says they will give John a policeman's burial. His coffin is covered in the American flag. There are two huge photos. One of John alone and one of John and Marlena.

John/Belle had a talk where she said she wanted to say so many things but didn't know what to say and all he wanted was for her not to forget her father.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

I don't really know what to say...if I say one thing, I'll be branded a "John-lover" or "John-hater" or "reacting too soon" or whathaveyou...:unsure:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar

No comment until another source other then "the birdie queen" confirms this.

Even it if it confirmed, it could be a faux death like Stefano's or the beginning of a story for J&M. We don't know in what context this will be until we hear something either way.

We'll see but I won't say no more until we know more and until we have another source.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Mason AKA Hogan
Sep 23 2007, 11:58 PM
I don't really know what to say...if I say one thing, I'll be branded a "John-lover" or "John-hater" or "reacting too soon" or whathaveyou...:unsure:

OK that is not what I meant. React all you want. I won't label you either way, Mason.

I just know how crazy threads on Drake have gotten lately and in posting this just wanted to remind people the "birdies" have been wrong on a lot lately so that is what I meant by expressing caution.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Surely SOD will confirm if this is true or not shortly if he is said to be filming the scenes now. Actually I don't care one way or the other.

What does upset me though is the report of Marcus Patrick leaving and I just wanted that to be true so much. He is an awful actor.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Well, I just read the thread "Thaao posted" down below in the soap discussions. He say there that in three weeks he along with Dee and Drake are off to OZ for PR. Doesn't sound to me like John is going six feet under for all time.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I'm sure he is taping "death" scenes

Didn't SOD report that when scripts came out it looked like John will die? And that's why the rumours started in the first place? Then the DAYS spokesperson said that he Drake was not leaving and that John was about to become part of a mysterious storyline?

Was I dreaming that? LOL

Mason

I really hope it is just a staged death like Stefano's.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Rick
Sep 24 2007, 12:17 AM
I'm sure he is taping "death" scenes

Didn't SOD report that when scripts came out it looked like John will die? And that's why the rumours started in the first place? Then the DAYS spokesperson said that he Drake was not leaving and that John was about to become part of a mysterious storyline?

Was I dreaming that? LOL

The report on the scripts saying that John gets hit by a car and disappears was another "birdie" spumor.

bellcurve
Unregistered

Why even stage a death at this point?! Haven't DAYS fans been through enough of this crap with Melaswen and Markiller's 2004 spree?!

If they're gonna kill him off, just fucking do it and quit teasing the fans one way or another!

The move to kill him off would hurt DAYS, but so would another round of "bait and switch." I can't see a lot of DAYS fans that are left wanting to watch another round of "I thought you were dead, but you're ALIVE."
Quote Post Goto Top

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

If Drake is getting killed off, then why is he going with Dee and Thaao to promote Days in Australia?

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Nubia
Sep 23 2007, 10:27 PM
If Drake is getting killed off, then why is he going with Dee and Thaao to promote Days in Australia?

Is Australia on the same schedule we are, or are they a couple years/months behind?

Speaking of promotions, I was surprised he and Hall were on the SOD cover. False advertising!

So many rumors have defeated this plot point, whether it happens for real, for fake, or not at all. The only way this would interest me is if it were a way of erasing the past few months as coma fantasy (I really love the idea of undoing stuff for some reason) and John were still in the hospital bed after getting shot by EJ.

King
Member Avatar

Well, it's not even Monday, and I know this week is gonna be interesting in Soap World.

squee
Member Avatar

Nubia

he'll have plenty of free time? :P

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar

King
Sep 24 2007, 12:37 AM
Well, it's not even Monday, and I know this week is gonna be interesting in Soap World.

Why is that?

Something I don't know about :unsure: .

As for the Australia thing, they are a bit behind and I don't put much stock in that when Matt was over their promoting the show after he was fired last year.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I swear to God... I'm not going to react to this yet, just because I don't want to be labeled as "jumping the gun and blowing up over nothing." But I tell you what, if there is truth to this, OH. MY. GOD. Be ready for one hell of a rant and rave. :)

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

px780
Sep 24 2007, 12:33 AM
Nubia

Is Australia on the same schedule we are, or are they a couple years/months behind?

I'm pretty sure Australia is about 9 or 10 months or so behind so they would have just seen or would soon be seeing John and Marlena meeting Smokey Robinson, going to Italy and him getting shot so I guess I could see the Drake and Deidre promotion making sense that way. And Thaao going too because he grew up in Australia.

But bellcurve, I am so with you on the lack of closure that it sounds like they are setting up for this if it's true and they are doing this to John Black. Ummm... hello Hogan. It's Days. It doesn't matter if you show us the body in the death scene, the characters can still be brought back, so this mysterious disappearance with no body found is just LAME. Why not go balls to wall with a bloody, high drama death scene WITH the body and funeral WITH the body for maximum emotional payoff? Damn this sucks if true.

And once again... sorry if I have given people the impression that's it's not OK to rant and rave in this thread in my original post. It's really not my place to tell y'all how to react to this spumor whatever its source. By all means, Drew and everyone, jump and blow up to your heart's content. :lol:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Sep 24 2007, 02:34 AM
And once again... sorry if I have given people the impression that's it's not OK to rant and rave in this thread in my original post. It's really not my place to tell y'all how to react to this spumor whatever its source. By all means, Drew and everyone, jump and blow up to your heart's content. :lol:

No, IMA. I know what you mean. This is a message board, and we should say what is on our minds about a particular topioc. However, in the past, this kind of posting has been looked down upon as reacting over nothing.

But you let some more confirmation slip out, and I will be all over this board. I'm just patiently waiting right now...like a fox. ;)

King
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Sep 24 2007, 01:02 AM
King
Sep 24 2007, 12:37 AM

Why is that?

Something I don't know about :unsure: .

I just think this Drake drama will reach a head this week and get confirmed or denied.

And I think the ratings will be big again this week.

Mason

King
Sep 24 2007, 02:11 AM
I just think this Drake drama will reach a head this week and get confirmed or denied.

And I think the ratings will be big again this week.

The Drake thing I could see, but I don't see the show rebounding by more than +.1 in the ratings, unfortunately.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply