Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Former Y&R actor dies; Michael Evans (Col. Austin)
Topic Started: Sep 26 2007, 02:29 PM (852 Views)
oakdalelover

Link

Michael Evans who played Col. Douglas Austin has passed away. Austin was a confidant of Victor Newman.

IN MEMORIAM
Michael Evans, who portrayed Victor's affable sidekick, Colonel Douglas Austin, on Y&R (1980-85; 1987-95) died on September 4 at the age of 87.

In addition to appearing on Y&R, the accomplished actor had a long list of credits in Broadway, films and television. Some of his notable roles included being in the Broadway musical Gigi opposite Audrey Hepburn and playing Henry Higgins in My Fair Lady. He also portrayed Jeffrey Martin Sahim on CAPITOL from 1986-87 (while he was on a hiatus from Y&R).

"Michael Evans was a total professional from the old English school, a gentleman through and through," praises his longtime co-star and real-life friend Eric Braeden (Victor).

The actor’s family has requested that donations may be made in his name to The Wildlife WayStation in Sylmar, CA ( www.wildlife waystation.org).

Steve ,If I have posted this in the wrong section,please move.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I always post the current obits here first and then put them in the death archives later. Thanks for posting this.

I remember him. He was always very good with Victor.

Tammy
Member Avatar

'Young and Restless' Actor Evans Dies
By Associated Press
Wed Sep 26, 1:56 PM

LOS ANGELES - British-born actor Michael Evans, who wooed Audrey Hepburn on Broadway in "Gigi" and was the best friend to a billionaire on the soap opera "The Young and the Restless," has died. He was 87.

Evans died Sept. 4 from age-related complications, said his son Nick Evans.

From 1980 to 1995, Evans played Col. Douglas Austin, the friend of billionaire Victor Newman, on CBS's long-running "The Young and the Restless." Newman is played by Eric Braeden, who hailed Evans as "a total professional from the old English school, a gentleman through and through."

Evans made his London stage debut in 1948. In 1950, he came to Broadway for the short-lived play "Ring Round the Moon."

He went on co-star in the 1951 production of "Gigi" as the handsome Parisian who falls in love with young Gigi, played by Audrey Hepburn. The play, which made Hepburn a star, was based on the same novel by the French author Colette that was later turned into a Hollywood musical starring Leslie Caron.

In the late 1950s he played Henry Higgins in a touring production of "My Fair Lady," performing in the United States and abroad, including in Russia at the height of the Cold War.

Evans also appeared on numerous TV shows, including "Dr. Kildare," "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.," "Hunter" and "I Spy," as well as in such films as "Bye Bye Birdie" and "Time After Time."

John Michael Evans was born in 1920 in Sittingbourne, England; his father had been a flier in World War I and his mother a concert violinist. The younger Evans served in the Royal Air Force in World War II.

http://www.comcast.net/tv/index.jsp?cat=TE...&cvqh=itn_evans

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Michael Evans Dead At Age 87: The Young & The Restless Colonel Austin
by Mike Baron

Michael Evans has died. British actor Michael Evans has died at the age of 87 due to age-related complications on September 4th.

Michael Evans, who many remember starring in Broadway in Gigi opposite Audrey Hepburn, was most recently known for his long-time role in the soap opera 'The Young And The Restless' as Colonel Douglas Austin.

BBC News recalls many of Evans' famed roles: Evans appeared in numerous TV shows including 'Dr. Kildare' and The Man from UNCLE.

He made his stage debut in London in 1948 before moving to New York to star in Broadway show Ring Round the Moon opposite Harry Belafonte. He played Henry Higgins in a touring production of My Fair Lady.

Eric Braeden, who co-starred with Evans on 'The Young And The Restless', said: "Michael Evans was a total professional from the old English school, a gentleman through and through."

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original...212106041.shtml

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply