Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dirty Sexy Money
Topic Started: Sep 26 2007, 09:15 PM (1,539 Views)
GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

I wasn't sure whether I was gonna like Dirty Sexy Money (based on the promos), but shit man... I Tivo'd it while I watched live last night and then re-watched the pilot like half an hour later. That's how much I loved it. LOL It's so soapy and fun and funny. Definitely the best new show I've seen this season. :)

Donald Sutherland, Peter Krause, Natalie Zea, Samaire Armstrong and Seth Gabel (mmmmm mmm! he's hot) were the stand-outs for me, but I enjoyed everyone. It impressed me how well-cast this show is. Each actor and actress in the cast seemed to be the perfect fit for their character.

I think Karen is my favorite Darling thus far. I was LMAO during that scene in Nick's office when she just casually mentioned to her fiancÚ that Nick deflowered her ("What, Nick? It's just the truth."). I wonder what's going to happen with those two.

Oh and I was howling when Patrick's girlfriend opened her mouth and that deep voice came out. OMG! LOL :lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

And I knew all about Candis Cayne being on DSM ... it's been spoiled for a while about William Baldwin's character ...

Mason

GatsbyGirl
Sep 27 2007, 08:14 AM
I think Karen is my favorite Darling thus far. I was LMAO during that scene in Nick's office when she just casually mentioned to her fiancÚ that Nick deflowered her ("What, Nick? It's just the truth."). I wonder what's going to happen with those two.

Oh, I loved that scene too! Natalie was hilarious there. When she first said it, I thought to myself, "Did I just hear her right?" LoL!

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Entertainment Weekly

Thee true standout of the show is Natalie Zea. She was on the soap opera "Passions" and played the role of Gwen when the original Gwen, Liza Huber (Susan Lucci's daughter), left. She would later leave for bigger things and apparently she got it.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Did my adored EW really write that about Nat? Damn! I so agree.

But she had it easy anyway. Nat has a very unique look about her and she was DESTINED for superstardom. IT works not just in soaps but it'll work in TV and on film in the movies.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I have to add: why has NO ONE mentioned the SHOCKING Dan Rather cameo? Did NOT see tha coming. Was this his first primetime drama/sitcom cameo?! :o
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

LoL, I was surprised to see Dan Rather, myself.

Manny
Member Avatar

The cast is amazing.

But I didn't see anything all that special about the story... :lol: I will watch few episodes more, though...

Mike

I really enjoyed it as well!! The Darlings are my new favorite totally messed up family!!

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Rick
Sep 27 2007, 03:02 PM
Entertainment Weekly

Thee true standout of the show is Natalie Zea. She was on the soap opera "Passions" and played the role of Gwen when the original Gwen, Liza Huber (Susan Lucci's daughter), left. She would later leave for bigger things and apparently she got it.

Totally agree.

Totally LOVED it!

I'm seeing if my friend is getting the Natalie fanlisting again because if she isnt'.. I sure am!

King
Member Avatar

OMG! ABSOLUTELY HILAR!!!!!!

- I hear your acting sucks.
- WELL, YOU'RE POOR!!

OMG. I almost peed my pants.

King
Member Avatar

I thought Big Shots was my new favorite show, but I might have to hand it to Dirty Sexy Money!

Mason

King
Oct 1 2007, 02:20 AM
OMG! ABSOLUTELY HILAR!!!!!!

- I hear your acting sucks.
- WELL, YOU'RE POOR!!

OMG. I almost peed my pants.

LOL! I forgot about that part, that was hilarious! :lol:

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Another great show!

It's strange but I find Patrick and Carmelita to be a sweet and romantic couple :lol: I can't wait until the wife finds out.

Juliet was hilarious as uaual, and I was LMAO when they used a substitute for the family photo and both Tripp and Jeremy thought it was her.

Is is just me or does it look like Nick's old feelings toward Karen are coming back?

Sutherland and Cayburgh's gave some very dramatic performances tonight, but they were very subtle and very effective. Both were tonight's MVP's

KMan101
Member Avatar

To be honest, I only half watched but it was a really good episode again.

Peter Krause is really awesome but honestly, he's dominating the airtime a little too much. I want to see a better balance.

I loved the reveal of Leticia's affair and the ending with the briefcase and how Tripp knew. OMG. Donald Sutherland is amazing. Clayburgh was also amazing.

Juliette and Jeremy are a trip and a half. I love them. I also loved how in the photo shoot they used a stand-in and it was hilarious that both Tripp and Jeremy thought it was the real Juliette.

Add me to the list of those who like Patrick and Carmelita. I just like Patrick in general. The senate run should be interesting.

Love Brian and his illegitimate son. That son was so adorable. I felt so bad for him but I loved how, in his own way, Brian came around in the end.

I also love Natalie Zea as Karen. She is awesome. I'm so happy she's doing well and getting good buzz from this show. She so deserves it! I wonder how long Daniel Cosgrove will be around as Freddy? I loved his small scene with Nick.

Overall, a very solid second episode. I feel after a semi-rushed premiere, we got to know everyone a bit better and there was more fleshing out of the characters. I just hope the ratings are there.

And was that Blair Underwood's picture as that Simon guy, or whoever was in that photo in the briefcase? If not it sure looked like him ...

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Last night's episode I felt had more depth to it than the first episode, which I loved. We got to see the vulnerability of some of these characters, who at first seemed a bit one dimensional during the first episode.

After last nights episode I'm definitely intend on watching it the rest of the season.

BTW, Sutherland gave a great performance last night.

Mason

This is definitely my favorite new show of the season!

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

KMan101
Oct 4 2007, 04:12 AM
To be honest, I only half watched but it was a really good episode again.

Peter Krause is really awesome but honestly, he's dominating the airtime a little too much. I want to see a better balance.

I loved the reveal of Leticia's affair and the ending with the briefcase and how Tripp knew. OMG. Donald Sutherland is amazing. Clayburgh was also amazing.

Juliette and Jeremy are a trip and a half. I love them. I also loved how in the photo shoot they used a stand-in and it was hilarious that both Tripp and Jeremy thought it was the real Juliette.

Add me to the list of those who like Patrick and Carmelita. I just like Patrick in general. The senate run should be interesting.

Love Brian and his illegitimate son. That son was so adorable. I felt so bad for him but I loved how, in his own way, Brian came around in the end.

I also love Natalie Zea as Karen. She is awesome. I'm so happy she's doing well and getting good buzz from this show. She so deserves it! I wonder how long Daniel Cosgrove will be around as Freddy? I loved his small scene with Nick.

Overall, a very solid second episode. I feel after a semi-rushed premiere, we got to know everyone a bit better and there was more fleshing out of the characters. I just hope the ratings are there.

And was that Blair Underwood's picture as that Simon guy, or whoever was in that photo in the briefcase? If not it sure looked like him ...

Yeah, that was Blair Underwood. I wonder what's up with his character and whether or not he actually had anything to do with the mysterious death of Nick's dad.

I pretty much completely agree with your assessment of the second episode (personally, I love me some PK and his character, so I didn't mind seeing so much of him :P). Dirty Sexy Money is getting off to a very strong start for its first season. I adore this show. :D

King
Member Avatar

Oh my GODDDDDDDDD. The scene at the photo shoot with the fake Juliet, Tripp speaking Swedish, Brian, and the little kid, I think I peed myself. Funniest scene I've seen on TV in a while!

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

King
Oct 5 2007, 02:41 AM
Oh my GODDDDDDDDD. The scene at the photo shoot with the fake Juliet, Tripp speaking Swedish, Brian, and the little kid, I think I peed myself. Funniest scene I've seen on TV in a while!

I know. I almost fell out of my chair laughing during that scene. :lol:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply