Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: James Scott Hit with Malaria
Topic Started: Sep 27 2007, 07:42 AM (2,774 Views)
Jonatha

"When I started at AMC" says James, "I remember Rebecca Budig telling me the story of when she been working with Josh Duhamel and he picked her up and she fell and split her head open, had stitches and staples put in her head, came back to work and carried on. So I feel I now have one of those stories. For the new kids, I can say, "Well, let me tell you: I had malaria, traveled for a day and half through the bush, pumped myself up with some drugs whilst on the phone with my manager saying, "I will be there," spent 38 hours on a plane, got pumped up with more drugs was released from the hospital, and 30 minutes later I was on the set-and I wasn't late!"

That, in the nutshell, is the strange-but-true story of what happened to Scott when he traveled to Madagascar during Day's recent hiatus. "I woke one morning with a fever, feeling achy but thinking, this will pass," he recounts. "But it just got worse and worse I was thinking, 'What kind of strange tropical disease have I got'?" The answer was malaria, which Scott contracted via a mosquito bite, even though he had taken anti-malarial medication. "As soon as you you know you have it, the actor continues, "you need serious medical attention because the clock is ticking. By the way time I got to see a doctor. I was a mess."

Despite the severity of his condition. Scott managed to get word back to his agent back home, who notified Ed Scott. With the actor set to tape scenes in just a few days, an emergency casting call went out for his replacement, a "27-35 year old gorgeous brunet actor over 6'1 with an English accent. A temporary replacement", Scott clarifies. "It's not like they saw it as a window of opportunity! But I was lying in the hospital going, "No, I'll be there! "If I'd been able to stand outside of myself, I would have said, "What are you talking about you idiot? Stop being a hero and lie down!"

Once he was well enough to travel, Scott flew back to the states and received further treatment. "By the next morning, I felt considerably better," he notes. "I chatted with Ed Scott and told him I'd be making it in. They discharged me at 3 and I was on the set by 3:30. I'm still weak, but the difference is remarkable."

Despite his quick recovery. Scott quips of the disease, "I wouldn't recommend it."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Scott
Member Avatar

Wow Malaria sucks!!! Scott is a champ, I love him all the more for that now.

pepis

wow poor James

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

Wow, that's wild. It's really unfortunate that he had to suffer through a bout of malaria, but his tenacity is incredible. I know I couldn't get on a nearly 40 hour-long plane ride in that condition. Yeesh. James Scott wins at life. :hail:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply