Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ATWT: Terri Colombino Interview
Topic Started: Sep 27 2007, 12:01 PM (455 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Linked

'As the World Turns' Actress Weighs in on Jack and Katie's Union

Jack (Michael Park) and Katie (Terri Colombino) on As the World Turns may have finally tied the knot, but this does not necessarily mean they will spend the rest of their lives together. For one, Jack sped off after the wedding when he found out about Carly's illness, after which he put his and Katie's honeymoon on hold. For another, both Jack and Katie have some serious baggage they have yet to deal with.

"Jack and Katie rushed into this marriage," Colombino told The New York Daily News. "To them, it's because they love each other and want to have a life together as soon as possible. But he has his issues, and she has her issues, hers being: 'I just want to settle down and have someone and it needs to be now.' And also, 'I want to get Carly back for stealing my first love, so I'm taking her first love.' Those are definitely the underlying factors in her rush to the altar."

Katie and Carly (Maura West) have been at odds since Carly became romantically involved with Simon Frasier, Katie's ex-husband. When Carly returned to Oakdale, the primary setting of As the World Turns, she was distraught to find Jack in the arms of Katie, and proceeded to sabotage the relationship with the help of Brad, Jack's brother, who had pursued Katie previously.

Upon finding out about her brain lesion, Carly was determined not to let anyone know about her illness, especially Jack. However, Brad stumbled upon her secret, and it was he who revealed the truth to Jack on his wedding day.

“This marriage is not going to last for long,” Terri Colombino said, as the “minute they get married, he's off with her… Katie's like, 'I can't handle this. I mean, I know she's sick and I understand that you need to be there for your family and everything, but you don't have to be there 24/7. We can get her a nurse.' And he's like, 'No, I can't do that. This is the end of her life.' So Katie pushes him away - and he goes."

Furthermore, another development in the love triangle can potentially spell the end for Jack and Katie's young marriage.

"Then something happens that... when I read the script, I was in tears," Terri Colombino told The New York Daily News. "It's really beautiful. But when Katie finds out about it, that's when she kicks him out!"

As the World Turns airs weekdays at 2pm on CBS.

-Lisa Claustro, BuddyTV Staff Columnist
Source: The New York Daily News
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply