Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Best Death Scenes?
Topic Started: Sep 28 2007, 11:25 AM (1,457 Views)
King
Member Avatar

In light of the Drake DAYS drama and debating going on, what do you think are the best death scenes/storylines in the history of daytime??

OLTL's Al - (Fiona was f-ing awesome!!)
DAYS' Abe, Jack, Maggie during the SSK (Renee, Missy, Suzanne = amazing!)

What were some other good ones??
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

ATWT:
Jennifer--(pointless, but touching scenes)
Jake--(1st and last time I ever cried watching a soap)

Jonatha

King
Sep 28 2007, 11:25 AM
In light of the Drake DAYS drama and debating going on, what do you think are the best death scenes/storylines in the history of daytime??

OLTL's Al - (Fiona was f-ing awesome!!)
DAYS' Abe, Jack, Maggie during the SSK (Renee, Missy, Suzanne = amazing!)

What were some other good ones??

Maggie's 'death' that's the first thing that came into my mind. It still gives me chills. It really was nothing short of brilliant.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

ATWT Jennifer

The Doctors Sara Dancy (voted by many critics as the best written ever in daytime)

Days Bo with Roman on the beach when Stefano threw him off the cliff

AW John Randolph going into the fire to save his sister-in-law Alice. Wasn't much shown of his actual death but the show was so good

AMC Jenny Nelson

That's all I can think of for now. I am sure more will come to mind later.

King
Member Avatar

Are there clips on youtube or in the clip closer of Jennifer's death.

Johnny, I so agree. God. The excitement meter was off the charts during Maggie's death.

Dusty, is that the death where his car went off the bridge?? I think I actually watched ATWT that summer!

King
Member Avatar

Ohhh, Steve, I saw clips of that Bo/Roman scene. That was so sad. :(

King
Member Avatar

OH! How could I forget:

PSNS: Sheridan, Timmy
DAYS: Zach
SUN: I loved when Annie "died" in the crematorium!

Manny
Member Avatar

Cassie Newman on YR

Jonatha

Manny
Sep 28 2007, 12:34 PM
Cassie Newman on YR

The earliest death on a soap I remember was Meredith Lord, Viki's younger sister, on OLTL. That was so freaking sad I cried for days and days. Also have to mention BJ's death on GH, also very sad. I agree about Cassie Newman as well.

Manny
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Sep 28 2007, 07:38 PM
Manny
Sep 28 2007, 12:34 PM
Cassie Newman on YR

The earliest death on a soap I remember was Meredith Lord, Viki's younger sister, on OLTL. That was so freaking sad I cried for days and days. Also have to mention BJ's death on GH, also very sad. I agree about Cassie Newman as well.

Oh, and I have to agree with BJ's death on GH.

Also Stone's death on GH!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Marlena and Don Craig's child - DJ dying from SIDS
Isabella from Days as well.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Eve's death on PC. I bawled my effing eyes out that week.

What else hasn't been mentioned already?

Richard's death on GL was pretty good, I thought.

pepis

Cassie Neman YR
Zack days

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

SteveFrame
Sep 28 2007, 11:32 AM

The Doctors Sara Dancy (voted by many critics as the best written ever in daytime) Oh I cried and cried, it's was touching how real Sara seemed.

Days Bo with Roman on the beach when Stefano threw him off the cliff

AW John Randolph going into the fire to save his sister-in-law Alice. Wasn't much shown of his actual death but the show was so good I was devastated for Pat and cried, called my mother because I was so torn up over it....gads I feel for people living alone and soap characters seem real (did to me anyway).

I tried to mark in blue my comments in Steve's quote.

WTGH
Member Avatar
Bitch!

King
Sep 28 2007, 11:37 AM
Dusty, is that the death where his car went off the bridge?? I think I actually watched ATWT that summer!

That's Jack.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Mason AKA Hogan
Sep 28 2007, 12:59 PM
Eve's death on PC. I bawled my effing eyes out that week.

I wasn't so much "crying" sad, but I was just in shock. lol.

King
Member Avatar

Ohh, my bad, I thought Dusty said Jack. LOL.

Cassie's death was so sad. :(

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

Zach's death on Days of Our Lives is the first one that comes to my mind. I wasn't watching Days at the time, but I cried my goddamn eyes out watching that s/l on YouTube earlier this year. Man, oh man! Posted Image

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

The earliest death I remember is Maureen's on GL. Just sad and heartbreaking that was.

I also remember Frankie's on AW.

Zach's death on DAYS was sad too.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I can't believe one that I forgot was the death of little Laura Elizabeth Cudahy on AMC. Oh boy you talk about heart wrenching when Brooke & Tom learned that she had been hit by a drunk driver. Some of the most gut wrenching times ever on soaps.

Cindy Parker on AMC was another hard one. Ellen Wheeler and David Canary were brilliant.

Someone mentioned DJ that was another good one on Days.

Another good one from Days and most of you won't even remember her was Mary Anderson when the Salem Strangler got her. I had loved Mary for so long. And hated to see her go.

The St. Valentine's Day Massacre as it was called on Days in 1980 brought 2 deaths that were hard. One was Margot Horton, Mike's first wife. Suzanne Zenor was brilliant in the scenes. And when Bob Anderson died at his daughter's wedding from a heart attack. Those early months in 1980 were filled with such sadness.

These next ones there were no death scenes but they were all hard to take. Some didn't have death scenes because of the actors had already passed away but with AW they just didn't film them for Mary and Steve. Steve just went down in a plane.:

Also the deaths of Mary Matthews and Steve Frame on AW were hard for me too. They were such beloved characters.

I can just barely remember Papa Bauer's death on GL for some reason but I do remember it being very sad.

Bert Bauer's death on GL was a very hard one too. Bert was just like a grandmother to me and it was so hard.

Ada's death on AW was another hard one. There was no real death scene but the things that followed afterward were so touching.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply