Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Best Death Scenes?
Topic Started: Sep 28 2007, 11:25 AM (1,526 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

psychofan
Sep 28 2007, 11:12 PM
Mason AKA Hogan
Sep 28 2007, 12:59 PM
Eve's death on PC. I bawled my effing eyes out that week.

I wasn't so much "crying" sad, but I was just in shock. lol.

Me too! LoL My jaw hit the floor, because she wasn't even IN that episode until the very last second when we saw her entering heaven.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Kenny
Sep 30 2007, 07:21 AM
psychofan
Sep 28 2007, 11:12 PM
Mason AKA Hogan
Sep 28 2007, 12:59 PM
Eve's death on PC. I bawled my effing eyes out that week.

I wasn't so much "crying" sad, but I was just in shock. lol.

Me too! LoL My jaw hit the floor, because she wasn't even IN that episode until the very last second when we saw her entering heaven.

As sad as I was that Eve was gone, I LOVE the way it was executed. That's the way a soap should be....shocking, jaw-dropping. But I think part of the reason they aren't for me anymore is because back then I didn't read spoilers. <_<

Scott
Member Avatar

I remember watching Eve's death and thinking to myself that her death would have been better if she were actually in the episode, but I think back now and I realize that the way they did it was actually really really good.

Gregorzick

Five death scenes that I will ALWAYS remember:

1.) Tim Siegel's deathbed wedding to Jenny Wolek on ONE LIFE TO LIVE. Tom Berenger was excellent as Tim lay dying circa mid 1970s.

2.) Mary Kennicott Martin begging Ruth to take care of her husband Jeff while on her beathbed on ALL MY CHILDREN in the early 1970s. Kudos to Mary Frickett and Susan Blanchard.

3.) Lesile spending her dying moments with her son Freddy (aka Rick) on GL iin 1976. Lynne Adams gave totally moving performances in those scenes.

4.) Dorothy Lyman as Elly Jo Jamison on THE EDGE OF NIGHT in the early 1970s. Elly Jo was trying to outrun the cops whe were about to bust her for all her crimes. The look on La Lyman's face as Elly Jo crashed her getaway car was hauntingly real.

5.) The death of Lisa's son Chuck Shea on ATWT in the late 1970s. Viewers didn't see Chuck die onscreen. Lisa told Tom about the auto accident that killed Chuck and injured Tom after Tom came out of a coma. Eileen Fulton's performances in those scenes were amongst the best work she ever did as an actress.

titan1978
Member Avatar

GH with Stone and BJ were the saddest for me. I also remember crying my eyes out when Megan died in Jakes arms on OLTL.

Philou
Member Avatar

Becky's death on B&B it was very sad
Macy's first death too
and Taylor second (lol) death !

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply