Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Hit/Miss
Topic Started: Sep 29 2007, 02:45 PM (445 Views)
Jonatha

After the three-hour tour of Tinda Lau, Days of Our Lives has set a smooth course for Philip and Belle, but ditched the Shawn/Belle relationship in the process.

"Shelle" finally reunited and learned that Claire is Shawn's daughter. You might think that would be cause for celebration, but instead, the easy charm and chemistry between Belle and her ex, Philip, begs the question: Why hasn't she Phelle, um, fallen back in his arms? And Shawn's behavior is hardly an answer.

Days has done an about-face in its treatment of war vet Philip, making the formerly angry nutjob into a viable romantic option and primo father material for his AWOL tyke, Tyler. Searching for Tyler and bonding over Claire has gone a long way forward repairing the damage did to Belle and Philip since the excruciating surrogate story wrecked their marriage. All their angst has been traded for genuine compassion and sweetness. Watching the duo dine in Tulsa and wrestle over sheets for the couch was downright adorable -- just like the flash of Philip's seldom-seen dimples.

But Shawn's suddenly ugly mug no longer evokes a smile. Uncle Phil got the face transplant, but someone swapped out his nephew's personality. This sexist, jealous Neanderthal is a far cry from the chronically heroic son of Bo and Hope. Why hasn't savvy ex-cop Hope smacked her son silly for expecting Belle to be barefoot, pregnant and happily at his beck and call? Brady men are tough guys, but their ladies have always had them wrapped around their pinkies. With the solicitous way Philip treats Belle - asking her for help and respecting her opinion - it's no wonder he looks like a safe harbor.

Days needs to re-plot Shawn's place in this Bermuda Triangle of a story before all is lost.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

It's not hit for me....definately a 100% miss. At least under JER it was always obvious that Shelle was the endgame.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Just more of Sheffer's inscrutable MO.

Why shouldn't Shawn expect Belle to be happy just to be barefoot and pregnant? Lucas expects Sami to be while her whole family, including herself and her babies are in danger? That is the perscription for longlasting coupledom in Sheffer's world.

This guy needs an education on what is attractive to woman...so far his vision is a MISS with me.

Mason
Member Avatar

Oh, please. It's Shelle all the way. Personally, I don't see the chemistry between Belle and Philip that everyone seems to be raving about.

dawn9476

Quote:

Lucas expects Sami to be while her whole family, including herself and her babies are in danger?

That is not why Lucas wants her away from the Dimera's. He knows how dangerous the Dimera's are and wants to keep her and their children safe. It is not about some 1950 mentality that Lucas has. It is about keeping Sami and her twins with Lucas safe.

dawn9476

Mason AKA Hogan
Sep 29 2007, 06:17 PM
Oh, please. It's Shelle all the way. Personally, I don't see the chemistry between Belle and Philip that everyone seems to be raving about.

This suppose Chemistry with Phelle and Sami & her rapist is totally lost on me. I don't see it all.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

dawn9476
Sep 29 2007, 07:39 PM
Mason AKA Hogan
Sep 29 2007, 06:17 PM

This suppose Chemistry with Phelle and Sami & her rapist is totally lost on me. I don't see it all.

Thank you.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply