Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OLTL: Q&A with Michael Easton
Topic Started: Oct 1 2007, 06:28 AM (292 Views)
Jonatha

October 1, 2007

Dear Michael, first of all I truly applaud you for answering these questions on your site. I know how incredibly hard it can be to answer some questions that are clearly agenda driven, and to be put in the middle of fan wars. I really respect the way you handle it. That being said, I am a HUGE fan of John McBain, no matter what character on the show John is interacting with and whether I like them or not, one thing is always for sure and that is that Michael Easton ALWAYS shines, even when John is being an idiot. I love John's interaction with many other characters and I think you work so well with others on the show. My question to you is if you had to describe the following co-stars with just one sentence, what would you say? Nathaniel Marston, Bob Woods, Tobias Truvillion, and Tuc Watkins. Thanks for taking the time to answer my stupid question.

ME: Nathaniel is noble and always has your back. Woods is a man of dignity and grace. Tobias has charisma for days. Tuc is a comedic genius.

I recently had a chance to see your performance as David Hume (Total Recall 2070) on Showtime. I've never seen it before and although I only saw one episode, I really enjoyed it. I'm also looking forward to your graphic novel. The site is so cool! So my question is, have you always had an interest in Science Fiction/Fantasy? Do you gravitate to those types of roles in this genre? If you read Science Fiction/Fantasy regularly, who is your favorite author? And, is there any role or author's work in this genre that you would love to see brought to the screen that hasn't already been? Personally, I think that David Gemmell's work would be translatable to the screen. Thanks for your consideration in posting.

ME: Gemmell's great. Phillip K. Dick is the best. William Gibson is a genius.

Hello Michael. I think you are a wonderful actor and I enjoy your work. I really like John McBain. He gets a bad rap, but I think he has a good heart. He can be very sexist at times, but that is a part of his persona and it works. I loved his relationship with Evangeline. I would like to know do you and Renee Goldsberry hang out in real life? Do you two get along?

ME: Renee, her husband Alexis, my wife Ginevra, and I are all great friends outside of work. She's one of the best people on the planet and I enjoyed working with her very much.

I would like to thank you for your portrayal of John McBain as he is one of my favorite characters on OLTL. I think you are an extremely talented actor. On a more shallow note, I am a huge fan of John's black leather jacket - it perfectly compliments John's sexy and mysterious side. In your "real" life are you also a fan of leather? Also, can we expect to see John sporting any other "leather" in the future, say leather pants???

ME: Like the jacket. Would only wear the leather pants if McBain comes back as Jim Morrison.

Hey John. Iím Irish too. I really am impressed with your resume but I just am really curious about something. Do you realize you play John exactly as David Caruso plays Horatio Caine on CSI Miami? For some reason you both have the same mannerisms while acting the part of an investigator. Are you like astro twins or something?

ME: I've never seen CSI Miami but he was great on the first season of NYPD Blue.

Hi Michael. First I want what a joy that it has been to watch you bring John McBain to life everyday in my screen. I have watched OLTL for 28 years and I never enjoyed it more. You have immense talents in many areas, acting, directing, etc. What is the one thing you haven't tapped into creatively that you hope to in the future? You have Supporter (fan for life).

ME: If I could play the guitar better, I'd put a band together.

Hello Mr. Easton: I am a fan of OLTL and have been for a long time. Iíve enjoyed your scenes with Tuc Watkins/David Vickers and adore those scenes with Bo Buchanan/Robert Woods, I feel the love. How different is it playing opposite two such different actors. With David I get great comedic timing on your part as John McBain you play it so serious I'm reminded of Lewis and Martin the comedians. With Bo/John I get a real father/son vibe that is interesting to watch and see played out on screen.

ME: I greatly admire Bob as an actor but even more so as a man of kindness and honor. Tuc is the funniest person on the show to work with and I think every cast member would probably say the same thing.

Michael, I am a big fan of yours and am enjoying you on One Life to Live. I loved you as Caleb on Port Charles. Recently I moved into my first home of my very own after a divorce, and for a few days I didn't have cable. While unpacking boxes I ran across two tapes of the "One Last Bite Marathon" from Soapnet and watched those tapes for 2 days while getting settled into the house. Since you weren't featured on the marathon my question is, what was your favorite episode or episodes from Port Charles when you were on the show?

ME: I liked the episode where Olivia stabbed Caleb in the heart. Kelly was very good in that.

Michael, I noticed that the characterís name in Soul Stealer is Kalan. I think I remember that being the name of Kamarís son. Is that why you chose it?

ME: In Gaelic Kalan refers to a warrior.

Do you ever do poetry readings? I have never seen you in any of your acting roles, so I apologize for that. I discovered your poetry doing a Google search on Dylan Thomas' famous last words for my Masters thesis research. If the purpose of poetry is to hit you in the heart and leave an impression in your soul, you have certainly accomplished it as a poet. I am a one-year cancer patient in remission. The true beauty of your poetry to me is knowing that all proceeds of your book are given to the ACS. I hope you know that such humble generosity is what funds the research to manage my remission. I am moved by your humility and grace and remain a grateful fan.

ME: Your words humble me and you are in my prayers.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jay
Member Avatar
Bye Bye Bitch

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply