Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of Oct. 1
Topic Started: Oct 1 2007, 12:06 PM (2,522 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DaysFanJean
Oct 2 2007, 01:16 AM
I think Sami is so overrated and overplayed...I'm really loathing Sami now that she is not even pretending to use her brain. She is completely under the DiMera spell. How awful. I'm so loving Lucas again, thankfully.

Bo has had some great scenes recently. He is so handsome, sigh. I could see him being in a Western movie with his looks and scowls, LOL. He'd make a great tough guy, spittle and all. He is too good-looking for Days. I think impending fatherhood has blossomed him :)

Maybe Stefano is in the hospital because he went straight from the hospital to the funeral home and was shot even though he wore a vest, there are bruises, etc. to contend with. He is an unwell old man so he would have to be under observation for a couple of days, I'd think.

But Steve was stabbed and Lucas was shot in the leg after that and they are both discharged! Steve shows no ill effects from his stabbing at all while Lucas I guess has a little bit of a limp or something, but is apparently well enough to walk all over Salem the same night he was shot (Sami is wearing the same clothes as she was last week).

This show has serious continuity issues.

I know everyone else here seems furious with Sami and I'm sick of the crying jags too, but I am not giving up on her as frustrating as it is to see her like this. I just wish they would stop letting Bettina Bradbury write Sami scenes. She does not get her at all IMO.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I was confused about Stefano being in the hospital too. He wasn't hooked up to anything and didn't seem to have anything wrong, so what is the deal? It seems like people that should be in the hospital are released right away and people with nothing wrong stay there for days!

I liked Bryan today. I agree that he has been a lot better lately.

Quote:

I actually thought EJ's very understated reaction to Benjy's death was right. It made sense to me given that he came to find Bo while he was still riding the high of the delusion that his marriage to Samantha was going to go along just fine and the feud would really be over so he was probably very shocked to find Benjy dead.

Yeah, I agree. His reaction fit for the character of EJ and with what has been going on. Does he even know Benjy that well?

Ridge
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Oct 1 2007, 02:13 PM
Warning: Really negative, long blathering rant ahead on Monday's show...

What a terribly frustrating episode.

Though the technical improvements are still brilliant, the characters I like best got screen time and I think the actors are giving it their all, the show pissed me off A LOT today and it all had to do with the writing and the high horses they had Lucas Roberts and Bo Brady riding on throughout the episode.

Starting with Bo...

Um, Bo? You do know that Benjy wouldn't be dead if you had just let EJ willingly donate his liver to Stefano right? That if you hadn't tried to arrest EJ on bogus charges to halt the surgery that Benjy wouldn't have been gutted for his liver, Benjy wouldn't have been so angry afterward he tried to kill Stefano and thus Andre wouldn't have retaliated by killing Benjy? No? You didn't know that, Bo? Neither do the DOOL writers apparently since they didn't let EJ point that out. Ugh. SO SICK OF THE WHITE-HATTING AND THE BRADY SANCTIMONY. More than anything else this Brady-DiMera feud storyline has disappointed me in that it hasn't allowed the Bradys to be at fault for anything ever but only reinforced this show's worst habits in scapegoating the DiMeras for all of the problems of everyone in Salem.

Now for Lucas...
I know I've bitched about this character a lot in the past but today was the first day since Ed Scott took over that I found my seething, burning, overwhelming hatred for Lucas Roberts rising back to the surface.

First of all, I get that Kate deserves to be disowned, but why is it that they have to have Lucas disowning Kate for something she had nothing to do with (Stefano's arranged marriage for Sami and EJ) rather than the show giving viewers the satisfaction of seeing Kate getting sweet comeuppance of her being disowned and retaliated against following the reveal of her machinations earlier this summer to blackmail Nick to make EJ look like he was the father and almost get her grandchildren aborted? Because seeing Lucas disown Kate for something she didn't do and without the knowledge of the really awful thing she did in blackmailing Nick isn't satisfying and just makes me think Lucas is a douchebag the same way I did when he shoved cake in Kate's face for the picture of EJ and Sami at the wedding that was all EJ's doing, just as I thought he was a douchebag for the way he put his mother in the situation of thinking she needed to turn to Stefano for money because Lucas had sabotaged her company by turning the SEC onto Mythic and driven her to bankruptcy. Of course Kate forgave Lucas because she has unconditional love for him, as screwed up and controlling as that unconditional love is, but once again we have her reward for opening her arms and heart to her son being a door slammed in her face. Ugh.

My objections to Monday's Lumi scenes are not really so much having to do with Lucas just showing anger or wanting to convince Sami to stay with him (although the yelling being back as much as it was and the VANdetta rather than VENdetta did grate a bit). I actually had a lot of high hopes for this scene based on the spoilers but I had those hopes dashed because of the way they have Lucas going about pleading with Sami, the way they are setting up this dynamic to make Lucas the saintly righteous victim and Sami the clueless, fickle girl being seduced by the big bad DiMeras. It's the same crap they did with the Santeen story with the Bradys/church as the saintly righteous victim deigning to forgive the clueless, fickle girl that was Colleen seduced by the big bad DiMera and it's obnoxious. I hate seeing Sami this way just as much as I did Colleen.

It's also disingenuous for the writers to completely ignore Lumi's history and try to pretend like Lucas has always stood by Sami in the past and put those words in his mouth with Sami NOT challenging that when that is so far from the case and he has humiliated and abandoned her MANY times in the past and in a much more rash, heartless and devastating way than what Sami is doing now as she considers leaving him to do what she thinks she has to do to save her family. It's hypocritical and total BS for Lucas to act like what Sami is doing putting her family before him is something he would never do when time and time again (Franco Kelley framing, Will doll, etc...) Lucas put his mom before Sami and despite him doing so she has not held that against him. Seeing Sami just absorb all this hypocrisy and BS from Lucas without her calling it out just makes me want to vomit, because even if EJ spews a lot of the same sort of hypocrisy and BS from time to time, Sami calls him on it every time. And as a matter of fact that is one of the things I love most about EJami.

What I hate about Monday's episode is I feel like we are back to getting Sami as the Stepford wife in terms of how she is talking about her feelings with Lucas and I hate that they have set up this dynamic in the story so that of all times they have to go and show Sami having feelings for EJ NOW so that if Sami decides to marry her rapist to try to save the lives of her family that she will be VILLIFIED by 50 percent of DOOL fans when she is doing one of the first selfless things of her entire screwed up, self-centered life as they will extend all of their sympathy to put-upon poor, poor Saint Lucas.

I know a lot of people feel horrible for Lucas for Sami thinking of leaving him, but I don't. I can't. For one thing, I can't figure out whether Lucas actually believes his wife that she was raped and I don't get the sense that if he ever felt sorry or supportive of what she went through that he still does. I don't get the sense that he appreciates what Sami did FOR HIM in saving HIS life. Because one second Lucas is throwing the rape in Sami's face and the next he is accusing his wife of having feelings for her rapist. If he does believe she was really raped WOW that is really insensitive to keep bringing up this trauma over and over and also insensitive to screw with her head that way of accusing her of being in love with her rapist. And if we are supposed to think Lucas does NOT believe Sami that she was raped then they should just have Lucas come out and say it because it would be a really powerful and emotional scene and it would be logical given all of Lucas and Sami's trust issues past and present. Of course, that wouldn't allow the show to continue to let poor, poor put-upon Saint Lucas tug at our heart strings, but I think it would be a lot more true to Lucas's character and if Lucas did doubt Sami that she was raped at this point I would understand it.

I mean I could have dug the Lucas and Sami scenes on Monday *IF* instead of Lucas continuing to demonstrate how Sami having submitted to sex with EJ affects HIM and whining about how Sami considering marrying the man she slept with only to save his worthless, ungrateful life would affect HIM and hurt HIS feelings that Lucas expressed more concern about how Sami going forward with that would hurt HER and had made his case for Sami not going along with the DiMera's terms because the Brady family doesn't deserve her sacrifice after all the ways they have cast her out in the past and it isn't worth it to live her life trying to gain their elusive approval because at least that would be recognizing who Sami really has been at her core in the past - a selfish, badass bitch - and at least that would have someone pointing out the Brady's sanctimony. But nope, Hogan is obsessed with the Bradys being the good guys and his vision of Lumi as this fairy tale supercouple they never were and Sami as this watered down weepy heroine so that to complete her "redemption" she apparently has to continue to do penance for all of her past sins by being a selfless martyr for her family in marrying EJ the same way she was a martyr for Lucas when she submitted to sex with EJ in that car back in December.

It's just AWFUL and sexist as hell IMO what they are doing to Sami this way in that in her "redemption" at no point has she matured enough to have given up any of her pathetic desperation for approval or built up any more self-esteem, which was truly the root of all her mistakes in the past, but instead she's simply gone about trying to get approval by being this selfless martyr to her family and Lucas rather than through scheming, which at best results in her coming across as totally out of character and a bore, and at worst comes across as her being a phony hypocrite flooding the screen with her crocodile tears now about how much she cares about Lucas and her family given the many ways that she had so cavalierly and coldly and vindictively screwed them over in the past when they stood in the way of her getting what she wanted.

I want my anti-Brady back!

p.s. Why was Stefano in the hospital?

I agree with everything you posted.
I didn't find Bo being complex and layered, I actually felt like he was a totally different character. A lot of these guys have changed to fit perfectly their roles in this whole vendetta crap. Steve was funny though. This whole thing being about Sami and Ej has ruined it IMO.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

I guess I should be more analytical when I watch , but I'm just not. I just watch to enjoy what I like and get through what I don't. I do agree that I don't much like the way they are writing Sami. It's that old adage: be careful what you wish for, you may just get it. We wanted a more mature Sami - one that didn't whine about getting her parents back together, but we also didn't want this unrecognizable character we are getting.

King
Member Avatar

OMG! Joe was SO GOOD TODAY!!!

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Action packed episode today.

King
Member Avatar

Lauren Koslow was also very good today.

And Alison Sweeney and even Josh Taylor! LOL!

King
Member Avatar

OMG, was this Steve/Stefano news station drama in the spoilers?

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

King
Oct 2 2007, 01:13 PM

Yes King. It was in some spoiler or maybe one of the soap mag articles on this week, but it came off about a billion times better than I imagined it.

As for today's show...

The Steve-Stefano scenes were so INTENSE. Loved them. I adored Stefano's growl when Steve came at him with the pillow. I loved Steve's desperation talking about everything he wanted that Stefano took from him and him not accepting Stefano's display of grief for Benjy. These two are magic together and made this episode for me.

The Kate-Lucas scenes were also intense and well-acted and I guess well-written in their own self-contained way within this episode but not in the greater context of the show and Kate-Lucas history as a whole because the disowning could be about a billion more times satisfying if... Lucas was disowning Kate this majorly to take the step of changing his name five or so years ago and we hadn't heard all this crap before, like maybe he had the epiphany that Kate would never support his relationship with Sami and cut her out of her life after the Brandon wedding where she drugged Sami and wound up having to grovel for Sami's forgiveness for doubting her and putting Kate first, or if Lucas was actually disowning Kate this majorly for something she did wrong rather than a misunderstanding stemming from an incorrect assumption that his mother was a part of something that Kate had nothing to do with but was actually Stefano's handiwork. Because in this scene ALL OF MY SYMPATHY went to Kate while Lucas just came across as an even bigger snot than I already think he is, while at the same time I'm mad this show is making me feel for Kate when she does deserve to be punished for the Nick blackmailing. I just want her to suffer a worse fate for that than Lucas disowning her for the kajillionth time like maybe Roman calling her out, Sami plotting against her or the DiMeras making life hell for her. I get no satisfaction watching Lucas blaming Kate for all of his problems in life YET AGAIN as he looks down on her from his high horse. I do like him taking the Horton name though, even if it is long overdue. I just hope they really truly do keep him a Horton and don't give in to fan pressure to make him a DiMera.

Crying jag, basketcase Sami is driving ME to tears. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Make it stop! Someone make it stop! Sami is my favorite female character on this show. I should not be cheering when Andre talks about making her stop talking permanently. Ugh. Stop being so bipolar, Sami.

Now that said, the fake news anchor and newsroom set was really fricking cool. I can't ever remember DOOL doing something like that before. LOVED IT. If they could just end this EJami/Lumi crap one way or another and let Sami stop being a basketcase I think I could really love this show.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

About Bo on Monday...

I think there were layers to him. I just think some didn't see it because we aren't used to getting layers to characters. Bo was one character that Hogan did not add a whole lot too but he did yesterday. I totally felt PR and his performance and it was nice to see him reflecting on being a cop and so on. It showed how far he has come in the long time he has been on the show IMO. The character has matured and I love that.

Fantastic show today. SN and JM were on fire and gave emmy-caliber performances. Their talk about Benji was so emotional and the writing for that scene was superb. Just loved it. It was a long scene but it had so much meaning to it. Loved Steve and Stefano taking over the news too and seeing everyone's reactions to it. All around these scenes were amazing. Nice to see Hope involved in the drama too. The newsroom looked amazing. I can't remember ever seeing anything like that on Days .

BD and LK were awesome. BD has really come alive and I just love him changing his name (like Roman and I did in Salem Lives...shameless plug :lol: ). Great scenes and they had a nice finality about him. It's been coming for so long and I loved it. There was also new background music when Lucas called Sami when Kate was out of the car. Whatever it was, I loved it.

The Pub scenes didn't really dominate the whole show and I liked that. AS and JT were good and Thaoo continues to shine. The bomb drama was very good and that ending with Andre seeing Steve with Stefano and Sami just smiling was a perfect way to end a great hour of drama.

I can't wait for tomorrow. This month is off to a fantastic start.

King
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Oct 2 2007, 01:38 PM
King
Oct 2 2007, 01:13 PM

Yes King. It was in some spoiler or maybe one of the soap mag articles on this week, but it came off about a billion times better than I imagined it.

I totally missed those spoilers!

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

The Steve & Stefano scenes had me in tears. The way Steve's lower lip quivered when he started to talk about Benjy. OMG, Joe and Stephen were fabulous. I am just now watching the news station scenes. They are very intense. I absolutely love this.

Lucas and Kate. Those were great scenes as well. The acting was great, but some of the dialog made me feel as if they were a couple that was breaking up. If I didn't know any better I would think that up until something was mentioned about him being her son. Hello Mr. Horton. I wonder if this is really going to happen.

The Pub. What a safe place right?! Whatever has happened to Josh Taylor, makeup, clothing, acting whatever, it was a much needed change and I have to say is a great choice. Psycho Andre is still very entertaining.

Everyone’s reaction to the news broadcast is great. Steve “this is a real gun, with real bullets, and the real Stefano DiMera.” I know it wasn’t meant to be funny but it sure was.

Tomorrow looks great!

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Haven't seen today yet, but am excited to. Can it be we have real drama? Phoenix, love your banner.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Thanks ArizonaDaze :)

Nix, I am glad you brought up Steve's lip quivering. That was heartbreaking and he did so much to show his emotion and grief without crying or being over the top. I absolutely loved it.

During the newsroom stuff, I kept expecting Steve to do something quirky but he didn't. Sure, the part where he said "This is a real gun, with real bullets, and this is the real Stefano Dimera" was unintentionally funny but I just loved how they played it real. Very intense stuff.

Days4Life
Unregistered

I'm not going to criticize one single thing. Yeah, there are inconsistencies, but as long as I get episodes like we've had the last week and a half, I don't care. This was so good, so intense, so well-acted....I loved every minute. My husband was home today and watched it with me and told me to make sure I don't delete any episodes from the DVR until he sees them!

JM and SN were absolutely riveting today. I don't think I even blinked while they were on screen. Stefano's tear, Steve's lip quiver and the way he made a cradling motion while talking about Benjy as a boy...amazing. And the cut to the newsroom--loved that! So fresh and different.

I can't wait until tomorrow!

Oh, one more thing....Bryan Datillo is giving the best performances of his career. I have disliked Lucas for years and HATED him for the past two years, but I'm slowly changing my mind. Someone is performing miracles with this character!
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I love that shot of Hope watching the TV. The shot from up above.

Muy delicioso!

Ponz
Member Avatar

I've never been a big fan of Lauren Koslow but she had me in tears today. Amazing performance. :hail:

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Lauren was amazing. Those scenes would go down as one of the best she's had on the show.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm sorry, but Lauren Koslow is long overdue for that Supporting Actress nominee, and the win in my book. I think she brings it every time when given the right material to work with. She was awesome today! I love that they are finally giving Kate layers. Before, when Lucas would go on his tirade of disowning Kate, she would just scoff it off and not have any emotions. Not today. :)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Holy Crap, i'm so happy that Days got so good in short a short period of time..Ed Scott is a miracle worker..The show today was incredible..First off kudos to JM and SN, amazing performances..and i had no idea Steve was going to hold Stefano hostage at the tv station, thus stopping Andre from blowing up Roman...

The Kate and Lucas scenes were very emotional..and Lauren and Bryan rocked..Bryan is really showing what he is capable of...Hopefully with Ed Scott on board and the show less of a joke NBC will have a better chance at some emmy noms next year...

Finally i love Andre, he's such a delicious psycho...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply