Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of Oct. 1
Topic Started: Oct 1 2007, 12:06 PM (2,680 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I agree, the show was very good today! The whole news station thing was much better than I thought it would be.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I had to get up and do housework and ignored most of today. Sorry, not my cup of tea. I just want this whole mess over with and get some really good everyday great stories, with characters that aren't over the top and actually behave like normal people.

Although, I have to admit to watching Stefano. Super star. Also, saw some of Lucas and was impressed with BD's performance.

Days4Life
Unregistered

Loved today's show again, but I have one big complaint--why did we get that Stephanie/Chelsea nonsense in the middle of all this intensity and drama? Why aren't these silly girls at all concerned about their Uncle Roman? Even if they don't know about the hostage drama (and you'd think their families would have them on lockdown with crazy Andre running around), they do know that their uncle is missing. And the superficialness of Stephanie is driving me insane...again. The trio of sorority girls with their "fake tans, porcelain veneers and commercial hair"--all of which Stephanie also has--are involved in charity work, apparently are good students, and think at least a little about something/someone other than themselves! Give me Morgan in a story and ride Stephanie out of town!

Okay, rant over.

The rest of today's show was really good again. The actors have stepped up their game and are all doing excellent work. I loved the Sami/EJ scene and their sniping at each other even while fighting for their lives...again. I'm glad Sami admitted she cares about EJ, even though she hates to admit it; however, the cynical part of me wonders how long until she flip flops and is back to hating him?
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Oct 3 2007, 02:27 PM
Loved today's show again, but I have one big complaint--why did we get that Stephanie/Chelsea nonsense in the middle of all this intensity and drama? Why aren't these silly girls at all concerned about their Uncle Roman?

I agree. And how come Stephanie doesn't know about Benjy yet? Not like she'd care. LOL.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I'm far too sleepy to post any long rundown, but I just have to say that the last two episodes have been AMAZING. Absolutely AMAZING. In the last two episodes alone, four actors/actresses have turned in what I'm sure will be their Emmy reels. Stephen Nichols, Joe Mascolo, Lauren Koslow and Bryan Dattillo were F-A-B.

Kudos to Hogan, Ed Scott and the entire cast. I hope the ratings reflect the quality!

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

The cast has been doing a wonderful job. Today was not an exception. JS and AS did alot better today than yesterday, but their always great in my eyes.

My poor Hope!!!

The story with the younger set has the potential to be a deep character driven sl dealing with the insecurities of Chelsea and Steph, but the story should have not been on today. They could have devoted some time to Lexie, Kayla, or the rest of the Brady's.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Today was good.

The sorority story was fine. It helped balance out the drama. Usually, scenes like this mixed in with intense drama are applauded and I guess I will be the only one to do that. I appreciate the fact that this story is not being forced on us and I liked seeing the girls interact with Adrienne. At least now they are in a realistic, age-relevant story, unlike TTS. I think if these scenes included characters not dominating the frontburner this year, there would be no complaints Oh well.

As for Kayla learning about Benji, that is coming. The girls probably don't know because they were at school and usually the children are the last to know in situations like this, unless they are nearby or right there when it happens. Stephanie learns about her father tomorrow. Days is playing the beats right now for the first time in over a year. I just think we want it all at once and that is unfair IMO.

The news station scenes were great. Loved the Stefano/Andre stuff, which was needed. Good to see Bo and Hope involved and even Sami/EJ was fun and dramatic. Love the bickering. I also love seeing Lucas in his current role. Loved the end too. The acting and writing is top notch.

Keep it up Days. You are rolling.

Jonatha

Days4Life
Oct 3 2007, 02:27 PM
Loved today's show again, but I have one big complaint--why did we get that Stephanie/Chelsea nonsense in the middle of all this intensity and drama? Why aren't these silly girls at all concerned about their Uncle Roman? Even if they don't know about the hostage drama (and you'd think their families would have them on lockdown with crazy Andre running around), they do know that their uncle is missing. And the superficialness of Stephanie is driving me insane...again. The trio of sorority girls with their "fake tans, porcelain veneers and commercial hair"--all of which Stephanie also has--are involved in charity work, apparently are good students, and think at least a little about something/someone other than themselves! Give me Morgan in a story and ride Stephanie out of town!

Okay, rant over.

I was expecting one of the sorority sisters to turn on the local TV and see Steve holding Stefano hostage. If the sorority gals found out about Steph's father they would have dumped her. :lol:

Days4Life
Unregistered

That's why we've got this fund raiser challenge--it's the only way Stephanie is going to get in that sorority!
Quote Post Goto Top

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Shelley Henning is really growing as an actress in my view. I actually think she is interesting and fun to watch now. I just hate that Chelsea is given the soggy "Abby" part because she has so much more to give. It's obvious that Stephanie is getting the lead teen part. (Only they are 21or 22 instead of teens which is making this whole sorority so stupid.)

Stefano rules.

Bo shines.

Nothing good about the rest of today.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

DAYS is on FIRE! I am used to deleting the eppies after I am done watching them, but since last Wednesday I have saved every single one. I can't believe how good DAYS has gotten in such a short period. My only explanation is bringing over ES and two fabulous directors from Y&R. The lighting, sets, and direction have been top notch and with the acting and writing improving immensely DAYS has fast become must see tv for me. I always watch DAYS regardless, but right now the second I get home from work instead of a nap or listening to the radio I hurry to flip on DAYS. Of course DAYS isn't perfect right now, but its thisclose to being awesome. With some better balance, featuring other characters, and better continuity I think DAYS like Roman said could be the best soap/show on TV no one is watching.

On to the eppies(Monday and Tuesday)....

I am one of Lauren Koslow's biggest fans, so I am thrilled to see her get some meaty material for once. She as usual ran with what she got, she was just heartwrenching to watch. I felt for Kate, even though she has done nothing but cause Lucas pain for the last 8-10 years.

I have always enjoyed Joe Mascalo, but damn is he good. Last month Joe shined when Stefano saw Santo as a dream, something I didn't think Joe would beat. Well I was wrong, Joe has shined all week and should easily be in the running for an Emmy. He plays hurt better than just about anyone, I am so glad DAYS got him back.

I think Stephen Nichols is the best actor DAYS has, or at least is right up there with JM, TP, JR, and PR. I am loving seeing him get so much airtime and hope Benji gets a funeral. I just wish Kayla would have been shown by now, but I am sure she will be told soon enough.

I could go on and on, so I am gonna stop here and just try and get everyone to go spoiler free. Just try it for one week, if you think the show is good knowing all the spoilers its almost twice as good not knowing any spoilers.

Days4Life
Unregistered

PhoenixRising05
Oct 3 2007, 04:34 PM
The sorority story was fine. It helped balance out the drama. Usually, scenes like this mixed in with intense drama are applauded and I guess I will be the only one to do that. I appreciate the fact that this story is not being forced on us and I liked seeing the girls interact with Adrienne. At least now they are in a realistic, age-relevant story, unlike TTS. I think if these scenes included characters not dominating the frontburner this year, there would be no complaints Oh well.

Sorry, Phoenix, I have to disagree with you here...those sorority scenes kept jarring me out of the drama of the rest of the show and I don't like it when ANYTHING does that. That's the reason I usually start watching 20 minutes late, so I can FF through the commercials as quickly as possible. I like my drama in big doses, with just a touch of levity (such as is being provided by Andre's sardonic wit). And the sorority story has no connection to what's going on the rest of the show, which is even more jarring. And I can't help feeling those girls should be concerned about Roman and in this day of cell phones, texting, Internet and TVs everywhere (they even made a point of mentioning that Adrienne had TVs in the bar to watch the football game) I can't believe someone hasn't informed them of the hostage drama involving Stephanie's dad!

You may be right; however, in that these characters that have been frontburner so much of the year in bad story like TTS are resented by some viewers and therefore criticized more than they would be otherwise. That's one reason TPTB need to quit forcing newbies on us so many days per week. Fair or not, some viewers begin to resent them and blame them for everything wrong with the show. I'm trying to give these younger characters a fair shake and have found myself enjoying Nick, Jeremy and Chelsea recently....but I still dislike Jett as much or maybe more and the only time I can stand Stephanie is in scenes with Steve and Kayla. She's just so silly and superficial and sex obsessed that I have found nothing appealing about her. Hopefully, that will change soon and the character will begin to exhibit some growth and maturity...but until then, I'm definitely not a Stephanie fan.

Quote Post Goto Top

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

So far I am not into this sorority crap and I hate that Chelsea seems to be second fiddle to Stephanie so far in this early stage. I will however give this story a chance, but do all the chicks in the sorority house have to be so stereotypical? This story does have potential though...

King
Member Avatar

This sorority drama just seems so....OLTL-ish.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

OK... Stephen Nichols and Joseph Mascolo continued to own and Thaao, Peter, Bryan, Kristian, James and Ali were all great too today. I watched the clips of the studio stuff as well as the pub stuff last night and found myself completely spellbound by the intensity of the performances and brilliance of the production and power of the story.

Unfortunately, watching it today was nowhere near as satisfying because the college girls story just didn't really seem to fit into this narrative at all and sucked me out of it all while the commercials gave me the opportunity to wonder why the hell no one called Kayla to let her know that Benjy is dead and Steve has gone crazy. I mean... where is she??? Has Hope tried calling her and couldn't get through? Is Kayla with Pocket? Did Andre kidnap her and kill her off screen? Have we seen her since she called the paramedics for Steve after he got stabbed? And for that matter why hasn't anyone let Stephanie know what's up and why is she and Chelsea out partying later the same evening that crazy Andre stabbed Steve? Isn't Adrienne worried about her brother at all? *sighs*

That said, I love Stefano taking on Andre and their dirty laundry getting aired in front of all the Bradys as well as Andre snapping at the end and taking Hope hostage. Damn I'm going to miss Andre when/if they kill him for good.

The EJ and Sami scenes were also quite fun as short as they were. I love watching them bicker, I love watching them as teammates rescuing each other rather than needing someone to save them and loved seeing Sami finally admit she cares about EJ (especially with Lucas seeing them together) although it would be a lot more satisfying if she admitted it while EJ was conscious and if I was not expecting the EJami/Lumi love pingpong table to jerk back the other way soon with EJ back to being villified.

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

Still lovin the hostage situation at the tv station. Joe and Stephen are great.
I love Andre finding out Steffie has done this all for EJ. When he yelled "blody brit" and told Steffie to get what's his name AJ. lol Andre is hilarious.

I acutally liked the realisim in the sorority portion today. They do fundraisers and I think this womens shelter thing although a man auction can be silly, the intention is good.

I don't know, maybe it was the way things were broken up today but I was not feeling the show like I have the past couple days. I did like Andre grabbing Hope.

King
Member Avatar

I watched today's finally!

DAYS IS POPPIN'!

I could have done without the sorority drama errr "drama." Rachel Melvin is lifeless in this storyline. She just seems so over DAYS.

Joe and Stephen continue to shine!

DAYS IS ON FIRE! Scott/Hoagie for '08! :lol:

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

King
Oct 4 2007, 01:15 AM
I could have done without the sorority drama errr "drama." Rachel Melvin is lifeless in this storyline. She just seems so over DAYS.

I wondered about that last week King. I didn't put that in my thoughts, but even in the stuff with Nick last week she didn't seem to be the same actress that I had seen even back during the summer much less before. Something is missing from her lately - whether it be just the story or maybe the direction she is getting. It's sad because she has always been a very interesting character when she began to grow after Zach's death.

King
Member Avatar

Yeah. She really rocked Zach's death and, before that, the whole Chelsea is Georgia reveal, but now, she just seems so...blah?

Kenny
Member Avatar

I have to say, I'm not completely hating the sorority story. Of course, I'm not loving it, either... but when I look back to other stories for "the young crowd," this is like Masterpiece Theater compared to, say... Tropical Temptation.

They've found a group of decent actresses to portray the lead sorority sisters, each with unique looks. In all honesty, I could see any one of those lead sorority girls becoming a regular character on the show. I also like that there's more to them than just looks. Are they bad girls wearing a good girl mask? I'm actually CURIOUS about them and what they're all about.

I also like what this is bringing out of Shelley Hennig, who IMO, is really developing as an actress. She's making choices in her acting that I'm really enjoying. I also really loved the conversation between Stephanie and Chelsea outside the pub last week where they addressed Chelsea's fear of rejection as a result of all the sorority stuff.

I'm also interested, because as we're in the beginning stages of this story (how long will this story last, anyway?), I have a feeling that it's going to lead someplace sinister. I don't think it's JUST going to be about Chelsea/Stephanie being accepted to some random sorority. Maybe a hazing storyline? I'm not sure, but this has several possibilities.

...although I do agree that this whole plot felt out of place during today's drama-filled episode. That's not because the story is bad, though -- just featured in a misplaced sort of way.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply