Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of Oct. 1
Topic Started: Oct 1 2007, 12:06 PM (2,565 Views)
Days4Life
Unregistered

Kenny
Oct 4 2007, 01:42 AM

They've found a group of decent actresses to portray the lead sorority sisters, each with unique looks. In all honesty, I could see any one of those lead sorority girls becoming a regular character on the show. I also like that there's more to them than just looks. Are they bad girls wearing a good girl mask? I'm actually CURIOUS about them and what they're all about.

I'm very intrigued by these sorority girls, especially Morgan (although I keep getting flashbacks of an old movie starring Morgan Fairchild where the sorority sisters are in league with the devil). I think they are doing a decent job acting-wise and I also think there's more to this story than appears so far. My hope is that its something to provide character growth for Stephanie as I want to like her; I just can't. That statement applies only to the character, though, as I think SH is doing a good job and is improving daily. I also agree that Chelsea needs to get her fire and feistiness back. Rachel Melvin and Blake Berris have been taking turns sleeping through their scenes the last few months--although this storyline with the little boys has been good for Nick.

Quote Post Goto Top

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

Just now watching the show. I am loving the television station scenes once again. Steffie telling Steve that no one talks to him that way for very long. Then when he saw Elvis and discussed losing Benjy and the thought of losing him.

Best line by far was by Steve "Hes okay, your okay, were all okay. What do you say squire can we call it even." :lol: I love when he calls EJ squire. I think scenes between Joe, Stephen, and James are fantastic. It shows a completely different side to EJ that I do like.

I lmao when Sami told Roman that they needed to stop checking in and out of the hospital. 'Bout time someone mentions the revolving door at the hospital.

Every time Hope yells Bo I get goosebumps. Nice of them to mention Ciara.

I still am liking the fact that the sorority is trying to raise money for a battered women's shelter. Is it possible that someone actually realizes it is Domestic Violence Awareness month?!

I do love seeing Adrienne. Sometimes I do miss Bon Bon though.

Well hell, welcome back Will. Didn't expect to see you yet. Dang, he must have had a quick flight back from Switzerland since the news of the vendetta ending just came that same day.
Does Kayla know about Benjy?

I enjoyed today much more than yesterday. Think I will have to save this one and watch it again later.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Reading the transcript for this episode yesterday I thought for sure this was going to be a Jodie Scholz episode because I enjoyed it so much, but nope. It was a Judith Donato one. Not that I normally have issues with her scripts, they just don't usually stand out for me. Good job, Judith.

What a super duper great episode all around.

I loved the bickerflirting EJ and Sami scene at the beginning in the kitchen with Sami telling her not to touch him "any time, any place, any where" just because the way she said it immediately conjured up for me a line from the beginning bickerflirting scene between Rosalind Russell and Cary Grant in "His Girl Friday," one of my favorite movies of all time. So fun and sexy. If Hogan screws up this love-hate marriage of convenience story for EJ and Sami, I just might have to sick Andre on him.

OMG Steve, don't get my hopes up with your talk about you and Stefano sharing a cell block. SN and JM locked in one room sharing bunk beds, maybe having to work together to escape prison? Now that would be fun to watch. "No one talks to Stefano DiMera like that... for very long." CHILLS! I loved the hissing noise in the background too. And yay for Kayla finally arriving. That had bugged me. Loved her threat to Stefano too. Yay for feisty Kayla. But poor Steve getting arrested. :(

The hostage thing on the roof was way more interesting than I thought it would be given we have already seen both Bo on a rooftop with Andre and Andre holding Hope as a hostage at least once before in this neverending vendetta loop. Loved the complexity of Bo trying to reason with crazy Andre about how Stefano could hand his empire to him and Bo could help guarantee his freedom and Andre's shooting down his points time and again. TP, KA and PR were great. The intensity was just top-notch and I love Bope so much for the trust that they have that Hope let Bo shoot at Andre and Bo knew to do it. That kiss and embrace was great. Now how about a real full-fledged Bope love scene, huh? Have they even had one since they got back together? Oh poor Andre wheeled away on the gurney! Keep fighting, Andre! I'm not ready for you to die yet.

Not sure exactly what to make about EJ with Stefano today. I'm not someone who minds EJ doing bad things or flirting with the dark side, I just don't want him doing stupid, self-destructive things that will keep him from attaining his goals and I don't want him to be portrayed as Sami's nemesis because I think it would be much more interesting if we could get bad bitch Sami again and they could be ruthless schemers together. I know that's a pipe dream on a show where the Bradys can do no wrong and the DiMeras must lose every time for being bad bad baddies, but it's my dream dammit, and I refuse to give it up. I wish someone could pick characterizations for Stefano and EJ and stick with them. The inconsistency is maddening. The show needs to settle on which one is good cop and which one is bad cop because I don't like that one month we will have Stefano being the hardass smacking EJ around for being disobedient while the next month it's EJ puffing Stefano up about continuing the DiMera dynasty. There's just something off there. One thing I did like though was that EJ did try to be a gentleman and Sami told him good luck with that, and then that was followed by his talk with Stefano where he decided he's going to be hardball because his gentlemanly tack was rejected out of hand.

I like that this EJ-Stefano stuff was juxtaposed with Sami-Roman and Sami-Lucas scenes. Not crazy about all the protecting/providing for talk from Roman and Lucas. Just comes across as emphasizing more of the chauvinistic nature of this triangle to me of Sami needing to be rescued by the Brady men from her own lust and stupidity about a DiMera man. Now to be fair to the Bradys, although I don't know why, it's the same way on the other side with EJ and Stefano thinking they know better than Sami about what's best for her. Girl can't win and no matter how this plays out I don't see anyway she can stand on her own two feet free and in control, which really sucks if Sami's "redemption" means she is more powerless than ever. Please get these babies out of her womb already and give her a job so she can do SOMETHING.

Ed Scott continues to amaze. Loved the shots of the skyscraper to start the rooftop scene, the real-life shots looking down from the rooftop interspersed in the drama of the moment plus the car horn noises in the background were great too.

I actually didn't mind the Stephanie-Max-Chelsea scene at the Cheatin Heart today except for the red lighting being too overbearing on everyone and Darin Brooks's facial hair. Still, it didn't feel as out of place in the episode as the scenes did yesterday. Loved that Stephanie finally found out about her Dad too. Chelsea not being told about the Bo-Hope thing is kind of lame, but I get that it was done to get Max and Stephanie together again and accept it.

Whew! It's funny. I am mad as hell about certain spoilers about this show and despite the fact that it's a dreaded ratings Thursday, I watch the DOOL episode that's on my screen and for all the grief it gives me I find it still worth watching. *sigh*

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

How could I forget. I loved when Sami yelled at EJ "no touching" then he replied w/the you would think we were already married. :lol:

Days4Life
Unregistered

Bo and Hope have got to be the best looking couple on TV. That closing shot of them standing together on the rooftop--GORGEOUS!

I think Steve and Stefano are the next big DAYS supercouple. Their scenes together are always amazing. JM is simply chilling and SN goes all out and becomes the unpredictable and wild Steve Johnson of old. Their new rivalry will be fascinating to watch! I loved Stefano's threat and Steve making the hissing sound. And Steve mocking Stefano's accent! All right...I loved everything!

Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Days4Life
Oct 4 2007, 02:11 PM
Bo and Hope have got to be the best looking couple on TV. That closing shot of them standing together on the rooftop--GORGEOUS!

I think Steve and Stefano are the next big DAYS supercouple. Their scenes together are always amazing. JM is simply chilling and SN goes all out and becomes the unpredictable and wild Steve Johnson of old. Their new rivalry will be fascinating to watch! I loved Stefano's threat and Steve making the hissing sound. And Steve mocking Stefano's accent! All right...I loved everything!

I'm definitely feeling the Steve-Stefano supercouple love. I think they were my couple of the week in my column two weeks ago. LOL.

So what do we call them? Stevano? :lol: I am definitely a Stevano fan.

Days4Life
Unregistered

IMissAremid
Oct 4 2007, 02:10 PM
If Hogan screws up this love-hate marriage of convenience story for EJ and Sami, I just might have to sick Andre on him.

I'm with you on this one! I love a good marriage of convenience story, and we have all the elements for an amazing one. I'm getting a little nervous, though, because I love the EJ that's all flirtatious and sexy with Sami, but then he sits down with Stefano and I start getting evil vibes again. I want him to keep that bad boy edge, but I don't want him to go too far to the dark side.
Quote Post Goto Top

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

I have got to stop reading the discussion posts at work because now I can't wait to get home to watch and I have another 4 hours to go! :(

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

IMissAremid excellent post. You touched upon everything I was going to post on. I was surprised that I liked this episode. Tomorrow is Friday, hopefully the soapy goodness will continue.

King
Member Avatar

I hate Andre, but I love Thaao! :wub:

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I agree Thaao is doing an amazing job during this current run on the show...You can tell he is loving the writing...so much better than Jer's hack job on his character..

King
Member Avatar

Stefano: This maniac just held a gun to my head.
Steve: Mmm, good times.

Haha.

I'm a Stevano fan!

King
Member Avatar

Today's epi is getting better and better!

Joey Mascolo is the man!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Today's, and yesterday's, episodes were just incredible. The production values (especially at the TV station) are incredible. Whoever decided this big showdown should take place at a TV station is, in two words, a GENIUS. It's a nice change of pace and the set was VERY well done. And damn, Hope is held hostage but she looks GORGEOUS!!! I can't remember Kristian looking prettier, in recent times. And the drama's actually exciting. The ratings NEED to go up for this show because the quality is there. In FUCKING spades.

That being said, I can't see how Steve can get out of this one. THOUSANDS of people probably watched him on TV, holding Papa DiMera at gunpoint.

He's going to jail for A LONG time. Anything else may be contrived writing.

We should worry about Nichols, not just Hogestyn!
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I see what your saying JSF but he did do it in an effort to help Roman and, like Steve said, the police are on his side so he will probably get a good word from them. Plus, I have a feeling Stefano will drop the charges somehow for some reason.

Today was amazing. Bope were so good. I loved their showdown with Andre and how they tried to use Stefano to negotiate with him. The shots of the building, ground below, and just the look was great. I loved how Hope and Bo trusted each other and how she had enough faith he would hit Andre. The shot of them kissing, her little slap of him on the face, and them in each other's arms with Bo saying it wasn't over yet...loved it. Just awesome stuff right there. Great look. PR and KA look amazing!!

Steve and Stefano are such a great pair. When Stefano delivered that line, saying no one talks to him like that for long, I got chills.. Loved Steve's kissing and nice seeing Kayla too. Loved seeing her feisty toward Stefano. Stefano and EJ's talk was nice too. JM and JS play well together and I enjoy their relationship. I also liked seeing the 2006 EJ resurface. That is the EJ I think they need to go with IMO.

Nice seeing Roman finally out of harm's way. I enjoyed his scene with Sami when she gave him the card and they shared that special moment together. Classic Days. Good stuff too with Sami and Lucas. I actually forgot Will was going to show up. Good drama though.

The Cheatin Heart scenes were nice. I like the lighting. Nice seeing more Adrienne and loved her interaction with Max. I love their friendship between Max and Chelsea and Max, Chelsea, and Stephanie play so well off each other. I enjoyed their back and forths today. I am enjoying this story so far.

This has been a great week. Hopefully, we can end it right tomorrow.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I was so grossed out that I turned the channel in disgust. Does anyone even care about Sami's babies? She and EJ and Lucas don't. Neither does anyone else. I think she could just drop them on the sidewalk and walk off ignoring them and no one would even care, certainly not Sami, EJ or Lucas. They are too involved with their silly schemes.

Does anyone really believe that the Cheatin' Heart is a college hangout? How ludricous. Where is the cheese board, the apples, the things that college kids hangout with and the study tables, etc. Pool???? Beer????? Not around here.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

DaysFanJean
Oct 5 2007, 01:55 AM
I was so grossed out that I turned the channel in disgust. Does anyone even care about Sami's babies? She and EJ and Lucas don't. Neither does anyone else. I think she could just drop them on the sidewalk and walk off ignoring them and no one would even care, certainly not Sami, EJ or Lucas. They are too involved with their silly schemes.

Does anyone really believe that the Cheatin' Heart is a college hangout? How ludricous. Where is the cheese board, the apples, the things that college kids hangout with and the study tables, etc. Pool???? Beer????? Not around here.

As a college student myself and big social drinker, little bars such as the Cheatin' Heart in Salem are similair to real life college hangouts, at least here at Uni of Tennessee. Plus I have been to 4 universities(don't ask) and 3 of them had huge hangouts in little rinky dink bars. ;)

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

King
Oct 4 2007, 06:52 PM
Today's epi is getting better and better!

Joey Mascolo is the man!

ITA 100%! This is the Stefano I know and love. How awesome was it when Stefano turned around and walked toward Steve to threaten him. I couldn't
help but be on his side. :lol:

The Dimera's are played by great actors with JM, TP, and JS who are all doing superb. Team Dimera! :clap:

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

JERSoapsFan
Oct 5 2007, 12:43 AM
Today's, and yesterday's, episodes were just incredible. The production values (especially at the TV station) are incredible. Whoever decided this big showdown should take place at a TV station is, in two words, a GENIUS. It's a nice change of pace and the set was VERY well done. And damn, Hope is held hostage but she looks GORGEOUS!!! I can't remember Kristian looking prettier, in recent times. And the drama's actually exciting. The ratings NEED to go up for this show because the quality is there. In FUCKING spades.

That being said, I can't see how Steve can get out of this one. THOUSANDS of people probably watched him on TV, holding Papa DiMera at gunpoint.

He's going to jail for A LONG time. Anything else may be contrived writing.

We should worry about Nichols, not just Hogestyn!

JSF, ummm you have watched DAYS for years now right? Steve will have no problem getting out of jail.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I have never thought MBE looked hot, but with that new 'do she was smokin hot. I just wish Steve would have told Kayla about Benji, but I assume he would rather tell her one on one.

I might have enjoyed this show more than any other this week, but its hard to say because all have been so good. Joe Mascalo and Stephen Nichols have really brought it the past 2 weeks. I am mesmerized watching their scenes, gimme more Hoagie!

I am at work, so I will post more later....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply