Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of Oct. 1
Topic Started: Oct 1 2007, 12:06 PM (2,569 Views)
King
Member Avatar

Kirk
Oct 5 2007, 09:10 AM
King
Oct 4 2007, 06:52 PM
Today's epi is getting better and better!

Joey Mascolo is the man!

ITA 100%! This is the Stefano I know and love. How awesome was it when Stefano turned around and walked toward Steve to threaten him. I couldn't
help but be on his side. :lol:

The Dimera's are played by great actors with JM, TP, and JS who are all doing superb. Team Dimera! :clap:

It's taken four months, but NOW, Stefano is BACK.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Kirk
Oct 5 2007, 09:08 AM
DaysFanJean
Oct 5 2007, 01:55 AM
I was so grossed out that I turned the channel in disgust.  Does anyone even care about Sami's babies?  She and EJ and Lucas don't.  Neither does anyone else.  I think she could just drop them on the sidewalk and walk off ignoring them and no one would even care, certainly not Sami, EJ or Lucas.  They are too involved with their silly schemes.

Does anyone really believe that the Cheatin' Heart is a college hangout?  How ludricous.  Where is the cheese board, the apples, the things that college kids hangout with and the study tables, etc.  Pool????  Beer?????  Not around here.

As a college student myself and big social drinker, little bars such as the Cheatin' Heart in Salem are similair to real life college hangouts, at least here at Uni of Tennessee. Plus I have been to 4 universities(don't ask) and 3 of them had huge hangouts in little rinky dink bars. ;)

I agree.

The bars that I frequented in college (at Univ. of Illinois) had no study tables or apples and I have no idea what a cheese board is. :shrug: I can't say I never studied in a bar, or at least brought homework there, but even in those instances it was a bar that had a pool table and a place where I would drink beer because those were actually generally the calmer bars on campus. LOL.

I thought it was fine for a college kids hangout, even if the Cheatin Heart was not that in the past and even if I think the red light is distracting as a viewer. Oh I dislike that red light. I just wanna sing... Adrienne, you don't have to put on a red light.

King
Member Avatar

I personally don't think so either, Jean, but at least they had other kids in the bar to make it seem more legit. Usually, there are a bunch of old guys in there when we see it. The last few times, it's been kid-oriented so that makes it a little easier to swallow.

King
Member Avatar

This is my fav Cheatin' Heart scene:

[dohtml]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kX1I2ZWj_X4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kX1I2ZWj_X4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/dohtml]

:clap:

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Oh. My. God!

Adrienne mentioned JACK today! :clap:

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Oct 5 2007, 11:37 AM
I agree.

The bars that I frequented in college (at Univ. of Illinois) had no study tables or apples

Hey, I have tried to study at a bar once (Eastern IL. Univ. small world IMISS) and well, I am sure you all can imagine how that worked out.

And, Can someone please explain to me how it is possible that Bo had a flashback to EJ, Sami, Roman, & Andre at the Pub when he wasn't even there

Adrienne taking Kayla to the back of the bar to talk reminded me of the kiss between EJ and Bonnie. :lol: That was a flippin riot. Loved it.

Jonatha

What's happened to Will? He's acting like a programmed robot. There's no way he would have accepted what his mother is going to do. Also the mention of Will learning how to drive in Europe. Uh, oh. :o

daysfan
Member Avatar

This week has been FANTASTIC.

Steve taking Stefano hostage was just chilling. Those scenes between them in the hospital were fantastic and well acted. They deserve Emmy nods for this!

And Steve taking him down to the news station was just BRILLIANT and I could see Steve doing it! Andre has tied people up and stuffed them somewhere tons of times or held them captive but this was truly the best one out of all of them yet, and Andre didn't even do it LOL. Only thing that irritates me is that Steve, one of the relatively good guys can do a bad deed better than Andre. But he was MAD and really all Andre has been doing is following Stefano's "orders" so it makes sense.

Then, oh the Andre and Stefano scene has what I have been waiting for for way over twenty years! It has been a long time coming and seriously the build up was always there.

Hope hostage on the roof was excellent too, mabye Andre did take pointers from Steve? LOL

I had to laugh where after Andre fell and Bo and Hope recieved the news he was alive Bo went "You gotta be kidding me." :lol:

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

Yeah, Will's about face is off to me too.

Is Kayla's reaction to Benjy's death in character for her?

Buh bye Lauren. Hope you had a nice trip. :shame:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

OK this wasn't a bad episode per se, but not as good as the rest of the week and there were some LOL moments at the things that were bad.

OMG... Lucas actually didn't use Will to make Sami feel worse about what she was doing to their family so as to guilt her into being with him and actually supported her lies to their son for her sake and postponed their argument til he was gone so they could hash out their differences like adults without Will around. Who is this guy? I like him. A LOT. Way to stand up for yourself and I fully support you walking out on Sami right now. She is being super selfish expecting you to wait for her. You aren't making any claims about what Sami is doing to you in this episode Lucas and you aren't trying to pretend like you are the victim and you aren't whining, you are just being straight with Sami about how ridiculous she is being and calling her on her crap. Thank you, Lucas! LOL at "I didn't want to interrupt." And Sami is so self-absorbed and delusional thinking Lucas's mistrust of her is so off-base and unacceptable when Sami is the one who chooses to spend time with EJ and she is the one who chooses to lie to Lucas about things like the fact that EJ kissed her. Please let that be the Lumi kiss of death at the end of the episode.

And Will? I know the kid has been gone the whole summer but what an incredibly unrealistic most nonchalant reaction ever to his parents getting divorced and his mom marrying a guy that she claims to hate who she used to date and who Will had once worked really hard with his father to cockblock when he tried to put his moves on his mother before. Maybe Will is just too wrapped up in his teenage life to care? Or are we supposed to think Will in the back of his mind is excited about the prospect of Sami marrying EJ because he's thinking about the X-Box and cash that EJ gave him to try to win him over last spring so he is excited about having a rich step-dad he can manipulate into giving him stuff?

Ugh at the line from Adrienne to Belle about what else would you want from a man than that he could protect you and keep you safe? We get it DOOL! You think women = weak, stupid, fickle, crazy and men = strong, smart, true, in control. You really don't have to hit us over the head with this every episode. You just don't.

That said, I liked the Adrienne-Kayla stuff and I liked the Belle-Phillip stuff. Just when I think I've got Phelle totally out of my system they just have to give me a cute Phelle scene showcasing JKJ's dimples and I'm drawn back into these two all over again. Loved Belle's pep talk for Phillip.

Dear Ed Scott, I love everything you have brought to DOOL. That is everything except the red light at the Cheatin Heart that puts the distracting rosey tint on everything. As I said here earlier... I just wanna sing Adrienne... you don't have to put on a red light.

What was the point of Lauren again? Why is she so crazy? Why is she back in Salem? Will we ever know who poisoned Pocket and why? Was it Andre? Never mind, I don't care because she kicked Shawn's ass by shoving him into that wall. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Sorry, Shawn getting the crap kicked out of him by middle-aged men and 100-pound women never gets old for me. Ugh but now we have the resurgence of roid rage Phillip who must be jealous that Shawn got a chance to rough up Lauren so now it's his turn. These boys must miss Willow real bad. Wow Lauren's tumble down the stairs was really done well from a production standpoint.

The highlight of today was definitely the Kayla-Stefano showdown. Kayla really had a lot of interesting things to say today talking about what a messed up father Stefano was in making Andre a monster and screwing up Benjy by making him so scared of him and desperate for his approval. But Kayla that's pretty dumb of you to go bragging about how you almost pulled the plug on Stefano when you were in Italy. Guess you didn't learn the lesson the last time you threw that in a DiMera's face. Sorry, Bradys, it's hard for me to feel bad for you when the DiMeras do crap to you when you are just so damn smug about your ineffectualness, excuse me, righteousness. I love that Stefano just laughed at her and the angry piano music they played.

Today's Great Moments in DOOL Continuity Idiocy:
-How did Bo have a flashback to what was happening at the pub when he wasn't there? LOL. That has to be the funniest post-JER flashback by far, if not the funniest DOOL flashback I can ever remember. They really couldn't come up with any better filler than THAT?
-Why is Shawn still in the hospital with his back burn thing from a day or two ago when Lucas was shot in the leg and doesn't even have crutches or a limp that I can tell and Steve was already released from his treatment for the stabbing?

Overall a generally good week, an OK cliffhanger if only a meh Friday episode. Looking forward to another thrilling week next week.

GBB
Member Avatar

Nixsoaps
Oct 5 2007, 12:38 PM
Is Kayla's reaction to Benjy's death in character for her?

Hard to say. She cried buckets when she and Steve decided to let Benjy go and live with his grandfather as a boy. She really did love him like a son (as did Steve). But she's a much tougher woman 16 years later and she's learned how to compartmentalize and be strong in the face of grief. And she is dealing with a lot of stuff right now with the Dimeras, Steve's stabbing, Steve being in jail -- maybe for life. I think she's trying to maintain her focus and if she stops to grieve, she'll lose that.

I think she's probably right that it just hasn't hit her yet.

(I really wanted a moment of shared grief between her and Steve)

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

GBB
Oct 5 2007, 02:35 PM
I think she's probably right that it just hasn't hit her yet.

(I really wanted a moment of shared grief between her and Steve)

I was hoping for something with her and Steve as well. Maybe it will come in time.

Thanks for the reply to my question. :)

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kirk
Oct 5 2007, 09:11 AM
JERSoapsFan
Oct 5 2007, 12:43 AM
Today's, and yesterday's, episodes were just incredible. The production values (especially at the TV station) are incredible. Whoever decided this big showdown should take place at a TV station is, in two words, a GENIUS. It's a nice change of pace and the set was VERY well done. And damn, Hope is held hostage but she looks GORGEOUS!!! I can't remember Kristian looking prettier, in recent times. And the drama's actually exciting. The ratings NEED to go up for this show because the quality is there. In FUCKING spades.

That being said, I can't see how Steve can get out of this one. THOUSANDS of people probably watched him on TV, holding Papa DiMera at gunpoint.

He's going to jail for A LONG time. Anything else may be contrived writing.

We should worry about Nichols, not just Hogestyn!

JSF, ummm you have watched DAYS for years now right? Steve will have no problem getting out of jail.

If that's true, though, it won't make it any more realistic. In fact, it'll be the opposite! :o::unsure:
Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Kayla is actually being the Spunkmeister that I've wanted her to be all along. Loved how didn't back down from Stefano.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

The problem with the past two weeks being great with not-so-great Friday episodes is that I only tape in Fridays...because I believe that Friday should be the best day of the week for all soaps.

But one thing I can say is that the music playing at the very end when Philip ran to Lauren's side is my FAVORITE MUSIC!!! That stringing, high-pitched note that was used regularly during JER's 2nd run gives me CHILLS!

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

OK, John's "death" was totally foreshadowed in today's episode when Sami says, "I have to end this feud by marrying EJ, because there's no telling who else might die!" After that, things ended pretty abruptly with Lucus.

So, I'm guessing that Sami will want to back out of marrying EJ, but then she gets the call that John has been hit by a car. From that, she figures that the Dimeras were behind it and that she must marry EJ so someone else doesn't get hurt or dies. So looks like John's death will in fact be another Sami propping story. <_<

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I cannot believe that Will wouldn't have freaked out at the big, fat, pregnant mother saying the things she was saying and not say anything at all jokingly about how he didn't expect to see such a lopsided mom and how are the babies.....terribly neglectful. I totally hated that whole scene and got really uptight about his mentioning learning to drive which was so out of place. And, Lucas not getting into with him about the car and getting his license, etc. Just grossly stuck in there without much thought except to get the "learned to drive" part in.

Stefano simply is the best or rather Joe has made his character head and shoulders above the rest...imho of course. I love him more and more.

I am pleased that the closure to the Tyler/Philip story is nearly here. Poor Lauren. I do believe she could have played a great part with Philip instead of bringing in Chloe who is so selfish she'd freak at having to tend a baby or even take second place to a baby. JKJ is disappointing at times as Philip. He has a loose screw in him that Kyle Brandt's Philip didn't have and that bothers me.

Belle studying at the Cheatin' Heart was so funny, I just burst out laughing. This is the most ludricous place to see anyone studying period. Throwing darts and seeing who can outdrink the next, that is what you see at Cheatin' Heart. They need to revamp it if it's to be the teen hangout. I live less that a quarter of a mile from a University and can tell you, nothing remotely like this is a college kid hangout. Actually, I don't see them hanging out anywhere except places to eat. Most of their social life must be on campus. I think our city has an ordinance that places that sell alcohol have to be so far from schools etc. We are pretty conservative-minded folk. I went to a Baptist University which was quite different than a state university. I think Salem U would be more conservative.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I agree with a lot of what Jean said. I could only watch a bit of the Lucas/Sami/Will scenes. Part of me wished he had stayed in Europe.

While Belle studying at a bar was odd, I know myself I have studied and graded papers (I teach elementary school) in odd places if I had ten minutes to kill while waiting for someone or something. If she was sitting there for hours it would be weird but a few minutes isn't that different.

Agree too with Jean that they should have kept Lauren around for Philip instead of bringing Chloe back. But I have to disagree that I like the different Philip JKJ brings. He is able to walk that fine line of being normal and crazy very carefully. I actually think he brings more depth to the character of Philip that was missing before. The whole watch getting caught in Belle's hair, while I think it was an accident, Philip so perfectly brought it out to use as a way to make Belle feel guilty.

I think Philip has two sides where he can be very angry/violent while there is another side that can be caring. We just see the peeks of the violence and at some point it is going to all come out. I think if they deal with this aspect of Philip's character because I think it could be an interesting story as to how he got this way (his upbringing, things that happened at war, etc).

King
Member Avatar

Love you sig, cubsgirl!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

King
Oct 6 2007, 11:15 AM
Love you sig, cubsgirl!

And I love your avi too.

Go CUBS!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply