Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ATWT General Discussion Thread; 10/1 - 10/5
Topic Started: Oct 2 2007, 02:17 PM (498 Views)
oakdalelover

Well,it is Tuesday at 2:14 pm and there is NO thread started for our show!
Steve or myself usually does the deed.

Is this indicative of our overall feeling for the show?

I know there is going to be good things to talk about.
HEY! We are never shy talking about what we don't like either!

DISCUSS!!!!!!!!

:D :D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

oakdalelover

Okay!
Where is this car that Dusty is in?When is he going to get out of it.Isn't there anybody but the bum that ever passes by?

The Carly and Parker scenes were nice! He was going to give his trust fund for mama! Just think,about 3 months ago he hated her guts.

Talking about changing attitudes,until recently Noah didn't want Luke to look at him much less touch him and nowNoah can't keep his hands off of him!

I am not going to comment on Paul,RO,Meg and Craig. I have mixed feelings! I think Jean is going to mess this one up.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I just haven't felt passionate about anything enough to discuss it yet this week.

The show hasn't been bad but nothing has been spectcular either. The best part of the show so far this week is Rosanna on the witness stand yesterday. I am glad to see some movement in this story - and all 4 have been hitting the right keys in acting. Colleen was wonderful in court yesterday and going off on Rosanna.

Maura has been great so far and I am enjoying this story so much better this week as it is not the complete focus of the shows.

Balance has been a lot better so far as I don't feel like one story like Carly's is dominating. Both days we have gotten at least 3 stories each day.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

oakdalelover
Oct 2 2007, 02:23 PM
Talking about changing attitudes,until recently Noah didn't want Luke to look at him much less touch him and nowNoah can't keep his hands off of him!

I thought about that too.

JP is so wishy washy with the way she writes this story. Just last week I was enjoying it more, but today's scenes made no sense at all.

I hope that when we finally get to the sex level with these 2 there will be some discussion of it. I sure hope that JP doesn't ruin that.

As far as we know Luke has never had sex with a girl or a boy. I hope it is not played off as if this is not Luke's first time. I just have a feeling that is what she is going to try to imply. I hope Luke is more nervous and anxious when that times come and not seem like it is just old hat.

oakdalelover

SteveFrame
Oct 2 2007, 02:25 PM
I just haven't felt passionate about anything enough to discuss it yet this week.

Same here!!!

Winterguy125

I guess I am just not seeing what everyone else is seeing in regards to Luke and Noah, I think there scenes were very good today, and they fit in well with the storyline to this point, Last week they started getting close, so it is not like it came out of nowhere, they even kissed last week. Anyway I just really liked how they were playful with each other we don't see enough of that on soaps anymore, so that was really nice. And I don't see how they are implying that Luke might have been with someone before, I think it was Luke that backed off when Noah was feeling him up today.

As for The Quad, that storyline is just really bad right now, the Craig and Meg sex scenes were so bad that I feel like writing the show to explain just how bad I thought they were. It was nice to see a small bit of Paul Stenbeck showing through today though.

I liked the Carly and Parker scenes today as well, though the Carly and Ro talk was a bit of a letdown, but not as bad as the Gwen and Carly scenes on Monday, those were alot more of a letdown than today's was with Ro.

oakdalelover

Clint,I wasn't trying to be negative about the Nuke storyline. As a matter of fact it is one of the few stories Jean is doing that I lik.
Her pacing kind of stinks and her story telling is choppy. We see them one,maybe two days a week so there is no real build up to what happens.
Sort of like the talk between Carly and Rosanna today. She left out the "meat" of the conversation. Of course we knew what she was going to say and we imagined how Rosanna would act. I would have liked to seen it.

Winterguy125

I agree with you James about the pacing and I think that might be why alot of people are having more of a problem with the storyline than they would have otherwise, when we only see them twice a week, there are alot of gaps that we the viewers have to fill in. The last month has been really bad with that, with only 2 airdates a week, there is not much they can tell, and when we go normally a week before seeing the storyline again that makes it worse, for example Dusty still clinging to life 3 weeks later, lol. I am hoping that this week looks to be a change in airtime coming up so hopefully that will make the storyline even better. Plus I think some of the sudden turn arounds that we have seen and I will admit there have been a few, just not this latest one, might be because the writers had to start going into high gear in regards to the story and it being more popular than they would have ever thought it would be, I still think there was alot of re-writing that went on.

Winterguy125

Today's show was sort of so-so, not great but not bad either. I did enjoy the family moments at the farm, though of course it should have been at Lily and Holden's house :huh: . Sofie just seemed out of place totally today, I really feel like they are pushing the character on us, and sorry the character nor the actress does a thing for me at all. I tried watching the Paul and Ro scenes but found myself not listening to it more than I was lol.

Someone just needs to save Dusty already, it is getting beyond old now, it is going on three weeks now since he has been shot.

oakdalelover

I also liked the family moments yesterday,even though they were at the farm instead of Lily and Holden's place. I thought Faith was cute when she asked her brother about Noah.
Has anything been said about Kathleen Widdoes? I know Emma is supposed to be at Iva's and she hurt her leg. I was wondering if she is in a play or something and that is why they are not using her. She is on recurring so money can't be the issue.
Winston is crossing the line in to cartoon villianry now. I am waiting for him to sprout a handle-bar moustache,a black suit and cape with a top hat and watch him tie Luke to a train track!
I agree about Dusty. Like I said before,where is that car at? Hasn't anybody but that bum passed by? Those clothes he has on must stink!

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Today's show would have been a lot better if I had not known the spoiler I know. I could not enjoy Maura's great performance at all.

I am so frustrated with ATWT just when I was starting to enjoy it again. I didn't even watch yesterday and just sat today disgusted by knowing what is coming.

I watched OLTL yesterday instead and found myself switching over to it some today. It is a lot better show right now. Ron Carlivati can actually write without resorting to cliches.

titan1978
Member Avatar

I'm so unhappy with the way Rosanna is being written. She is acting more like the original Rosanna, not the one Cady played before. Get your backbone back Rosanna.

I still am only really invested in Luke/Noah, and Carly storylines/family. I really like her kids, that hasn't happened for me since the kids on GH in the early to mid 90's.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Today's show was great, IMO. Steve, I'm spoiler-free but I'm kind of getting scared with that post lol.

AndyAMC
Member Avatar

Friday:

Great episode IMO. Sure, this entire Noah/Luke storyline has major flaws and is totally unrealistic, but still entertaining nonetheless.

What was up with the random jump cuts though. I've never seen a soap have 1 character in once scene...then the NEXT scene have them be with someone else in another location. That happened with Lily - she was with Holden and then it cut to Lily and Margo. Also, we see Luke/Noah/Col. Mayer leave Holden and the house....then we jump to them outside in the woods already. I know that happens occasionally on primetime shows - but not daytime!

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Andy GL has been doing that for some time now. I guess ATWT is going to start doing it too.

Mason
Member Avatar

I actually thought they started the scene jumps along time ago when Hogan was still HW.

And Steve, ITA with you about the Carly story. What COULD have actually been a decent story has been ruined by JP's incessant need to trash the character of Carly.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply