Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
B&B: KKL Soaps In Depth Interview
Topic Started: Oct 2 2007, 11:58 PM (402 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Katherine Kelly Lang built a career on falling in and out of love, having traipsed down myriad wedding aisles and signed an almost equal number of divorce papers as Brooke Logan. Now the actress is officially ready to give it a rest. "It's been too much---20 years of too much romance," she recently shared with a group of reporters at a B&B fan luncheon. "I'm tired of it. I really am."

Forunately for her fans, Lang isn't considerating parting ways with her B&B alter ego--she's just looking for a little something different to keep her 20th year with the show as invigorating as her first. It's the reason Lang approached executive producer and headwriter Bradley Bell with her idea for Brooke's traumatic rape ordeal--scenes that could arguably qualify as some of the most disturbing on the show in recent history. "I wanted to do something really intense, [my husband and I] were talking about it and came up with the rape idea," she explains.

When Lang and her manager husband, Alex D'Andrea, first pitched the idea to Bell, the head scribe was skeptical. "He said, 'Uhhh...I don't know if I want Brooke to go through that," Lang recalls.

But determined to have a storyline that would stretch her acting skills to the limit, Lang refused to let the idea drop. "After talking to a friend and going over some more ideas, I went back up to [Bell] and pitched the whole thing to him again. And he went with it," she says.

It may strike some people as strange that Lang would be eager for her character to suffer such a horrifying ordeal, but for the actress, such a storyline has seemed long overdue. "It was more the idea of having Brooke go through something that different than just, 'Which man am I going to be with? This one or that one?" she explains. "This plotline was completely out of the norm and will maybe affect how she makes decisions in her life, so that it's life changing."

In the meantime, Brooke may also soon have to deal with the consequences of the potential lab flun that could result in Taylor giving birth to Brooke's child! "I am so excited about my other story thatt I haven't really thought about the eggs!" Lang admits. " I don't know where that will go, but personally, I don't want any more children!"

The actress laughingly recalls a recent occassion when she became utterly confused after being asked how many children Brooke had. "I couldn't firgure it out between my kids in real life and the kids on the show, and the two twins who play Hope, so then I got really confused," she says. "I know that its four, but at the time, I couldn't answer the question!"

Lang is hopeful that the egg switch storyline will result in something other than a Brooke's the mom, chaos ensues arc. There's got to be something crazy that happens, something that leaves you thinking, 'Whoa. I didn't see that coming," she explains. "If there's some really crazy twist, then it will be fun."

What's more, with Heather Tom on board as a new addition to Brooke's family, the actress says she's looking forward to seeing where this sibling interaction leads. "Right now, Heather is playing this really sweet, endearing character, but I could see how she could have another side to her," she says.

And in the rival department, Lang notes that Eileen Davidson's Ashley is shaping up to be an interesting counterpart as well. "She's so intelligent, so the scenes with her are usually on a different level."

As for the notion that Brooke and Ashley will inevitably play tug of war over Ridge Forrester, Lang can only smile sigh and laughingly tease, "Here we go again!"

Guess it's true what they say: Old habits and old loves die hard.

SID asks KKL about preparing scenes with Susan Flannery: "We both have our own way of rehearsing, but once we get out there, its really just getting the timing. We usually do our scenes in one take."

SID asks KKL about her most memorable B&B moments: "Marrying Eric and riding off on a horse...that was pretty memorable. Having Ridge deliver Bridget in the cabin was really memorable , too. Those kind of stick out in my mind because they were really nice."

SID asks KKL about having to eke out tears day after day: "Its hard when it gets to be consecutive day and then weeks. At first, you're like, 'Yeah, this is great', but after awhile, you go numb."

SID asks KKL about whether fans prefer her with Ridge or Nick: "There are always people who want me with Ridge, but I don't really know...I haven't really been paying attention to that!"

http://brickyhaven.proboards88.com/index.c...read=1191294031
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bellcurve
Unregistered

Kelly, don't give up! Force Brad to give your character dignity and respect!

I completely understand why she pitched this story, but, per usual, it's back to square one. And Brooke uses the rape as almost a device to keep Ridge near her. I'm sure KKL wasn't thinking they would head back in this direction.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply