Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Pushing Daisies
Topic Started: Oct 3 2007, 07:21 PM (1,388 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Anyone else tuning in?

It seems interesting to say the least, it's about 20 minutes in and I can't tell if I like it or not...... :unsure:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Soapsuds
Unregistered

I am watching it and hate it. :lol: I wont be watching it again. I dont see it lasting on the air.
Quote Post Goto Top

AndyAMC
Member Avatar

I was really struggling through the first 20 minutes - had that itchy finger waiting to change the channel.

But I gave it a chance and ended up really liking it.

The lead is brilliant - and he's adorable. The dialogue is so poetic, intelligent, and full of great metaphors. This writer obviously excelled in english classes...haha.

Chi McBride is always great. He's a great sidekick.

I'll be giving it another chance now. It'll be interesting to see what else they can do with this show...

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

It's a show you'll either love or hate, I loved it!

David Bianculli of the NY Daily News said it best

"Describing it, I fear, may be a lot less effective than raving about it. To fall under the spell of "Daisies," you need to see it and hear it for yourself. The music, the images, the bedtime-story narration by Jim Dale (Harry Potter), the performances -you don't explain magic. You just fall for it"

"Pushing Daisies" is perfect.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

AndyAMC
Oct 3 2007, 08:46 PM
The lead is brilliant - and he's adorable.

Oh yes I like the lead too.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I love this show. And that reviewer is dead-on in his description. I can say no more. The show is visually brilliant, well written and charming.I daresay it's a show the whole family can enjoy. Doesn't look raunchy AT ALL. Especially since the lead CAN'T have sex! :lol:
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I wish this was online. :shrug:

KMan101
Member Avatar

I wasn't sure at first but I ended up really liking it. I can't wait to see Episode 2. A very unique show, by far.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I've seen bits and pieces of this show in clips on YouTube, and it looks like just my kind of show. A little off kilter and unique... I need to tune in!

kelli_blue
Member Avatar

I figured I'd watch it since the reviews were all so positive, and I really enjoyed it. I like how different it is from almost all the other shows on tv right now. Great cast too. :)

KMan101
Member Avatar

Although ratings aren't out yet ... according to TVGuide online, Pushing Daisies 'kicked ass' in the ratings last night!

While Private Practice and Bionic Woman both fell.

Deleted User
Deleted User

^Praise Allah! I love this show and can't imagine my life without it! :wub:
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I just put on the abc.com player, and guess what popped up:

PUSHING DAISIES!!! Thank goodness!

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

^ So what did you think Mike?

King
Member Avatar

I didn't watch it yet! But I will. LOL.

I had to catch up on Private Practice and Dirty Sexy Mula!

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

I thought Pushing Daisies was wondrous. Posted Image

The writing is brilliant and darkly funny. Even with the fairy tale-like narration (which I, surprisingly, didn't mind one bit), I didn't find this show overly whimsical at all. I was afraid that it was gonna be like one of those indie movies that tries way too hard to be quirky and unique. Nope, not even. Thank goodness! ;)

The cast is fantastic. Lee Pace is so charming and funny (and hot! LOL) as "The Piemaker;" his dead-pan style is terrific. Anna Friehl is charmer as Chuck, too. I love her. Such great chemistry between those two. Chi McBride and Kristin Chenoweth are awesome on this show, as per usual. I was LMAO when her character said she thought masturbation meant chewing your food. :lol: Oh yeah and it was nice to see Swoosie Kurtz on TV again.

The first thing I was struck by, though, was how spectacular this show is visually/stylistically. My God, those colors! So deliciously bold, vivid and beautiful. I loved the way it was shot; it had a very cinematic feel (reminded me a lot of Amélie, in fact). The narration adds a lot that cinematic feel, as well. The shot of Young Ned and Young Chuck walking toward each other from his mother and her father's funerals (to share their first kiss), with the big setting sun in between them, had me all choked up; it was so beautiful. *sigh* The overhead view of Chuck and Ned laying there longingly touching the wall that separated them was sweet, too. And what about when those two held their own hands because they couldn't hold each other's? I am totally enchanted by this pairing already. :wub:

I'm really happy to hear that the pilot did well in the ratings because this is one of the few new shows that I am truly excited about this season. Pushing Daisies is wonderfully unique and completely engrossing, IMO. I can't wait to see the next episode. I think I'll go watch the first one again right now. :)

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Yay

GGirl is a fan too! I have watched the show three times already :lol: Once when it aired, then watche it this afternoon with my grandma, and again tonight with a friend.

They all loved it. My Nana said it was like watching a movie instead of a TV show.

adrianna
Unregistered

I love everything about this show. Lee Pace is so cute! Its so great to see Ms Kurtz back on TV and Kristin Chenowith is a great actress.

I love the premise and it just makes u happy. I love the romance of the show and its magical feeling.

I am going to go nuts cause they can't kiss

Best show hands down on primetime and I hardly watch any cause the majority stink.

Quote Post Goto Top

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

Everybody seems to love this, but right now I'm somewhere in the middle. I thought the acting was just OK, but the production values were top notch and the writing stellar (albeit too much sometime). I think a lot of people like this show because it's unique, but I don't see the greatness like everyone else. As of right now it has A LOT to live up to.

Deleted User
Deleted User

OMG -- you guys.

Tonight, I saw the promo.

That bitch got 27 MILLION VIEWERS. It sounds like it could be the new ... omg, I can't say it... no, I can't say it. After this week's airing?

I'LL SAY IT.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply