Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Pushing Daisies
Topic Started: Oct 3 2007, 07:21 PM (1,524 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Another great episode!

Although I missed seeing Ellen Greene and Swosie Kurtz and Chuck's aunts.

And the kiss through the body bags :wub:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Good show tonight! Yeah the kiss through the body bags was sweet. The actor that guest starred as "Mark Chase" was pretty good.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

MichaelGL
Oct 10 2007, 10:27 PM
Good show tonight! Yeah the kiss through the body bags was sweet. The actor that guest starred as "Mark Chase" was pretty good.

He's the guy that played the Professor that Kelly got involved with on Saved By The Bell: The College Years.....

That's the show that I remember him from the most, even though I've seen him on other shows and such..... :lol:

AndyAMC
Member Avatar

Professor Laskey!!! haha - I used to have a big crush on him, but I was so wanting Zach/Kelly to be together forever....

Anyway - another great episode. I just really love the dialogue and storytelling in this show.

The banter between Emerson and Charlie is hysterical.

I love Olive - and her random "Hopelessly Devoted" outbreak! hahaha

adrianna
Unregistered

I love this show!

I loved the kiss too. Some may call this show cheesy I call it old fashion romance.

I adore Kristen Chenowith and the show has Raul Esparaza coming on too and u can bet he'll be singing too.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I adore Kristen Chenowith too. She's sweet, and I believe, a devout Christian, judging from some of her TV appearances. It's nice that she seems to have found the right vehicle for her.

That being said, I HAVE to ask a what-the-fuck question. I rewatched the pilot and STILL don't get how the lead and Chuck even kissed when they were young. That was AFTER he learned about the gift. Shouldn't she have died?!

WHAT-THE-FUCK?!!!
Quote Post Goto Top

AndyAMC
Member Avatar

^^He can't touch her now because she's died and he brought her back to life. She hadn't died back when she was a kid...

Andre

JERSoapsFan
Oct 8 2007, 02:14 AM
OMG -- you guys.

Tonight, I saw the promo.

That bitch got 27 MILLION VIEWERS. It sounds like it could be the new ... omg, I can't say it... no, I can't say it. After this week's airing?

I'LL SAY IT.

Those numbers are fudged. Did they add the Wednesday and Friday numbers together to get that? Because the premiere rating was fewer than 20 million for sure.

Deleted User
Deleted User

AndyAMC
Oct 11 2007, 06:30 AM
^^He can't touch her now because she's died and he brought her back to life. She hadn't died back when she was a kid...

Wait, what?! Wait. ... so let me get this straight. He CAN touch living people? Oh, I didn't know that. No, I knew he couldn't touch her again (but thanks); I was confused because I thought he couldn't touch ANYONE or they died.

So then maybe he HAS had sex? I don't know. I thought he was a virgin because he couldn't touch anyone without their dying.

BUT WAIT A FUCKING SECOND, lol. If that's true, why hasn't he kissed another girl? Because I'm sure the show established that Chuck was his first and last kiss ... so he probably IS a virgin.

OH, I am SO confused!
Quote Post Goto Top

AndyAMC
Member Avatar

Actually I'm now confused...thanks a lot! haha jk

But yeah, I thought the three rules:

-Can touch a dead person, they come to life.
-Touch them again, they die.
-Don't touch within a minute, then they live, but someone else dies...

So I thought he could touch other people that haven't died yet....but then I think about him not touching Olive...and hasnt died before, so its weird he wouldn't touch her. Unless he's just uncomfortable touching anyone and anything just out of fear. Hasn't he touched Emerson before?

I know he can't touch his dog or Charlie bc they've both died...

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

I think he doesn't touch Olive simply out of fear that something might happen.

adrianna
Unregistered

Yup! Ned is afraid to touch anyone and he obviouslly has some poor social skills but that makes him all the more loveable.
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I'm so having a mini-marathon of Pushing Daisies tomorrow! I haven't even seen one epi yet. Ugh! Haha.

Deleted User
Deleted User

So that explains it. It's just a fear for not touching never-dead people; but he can actually touch them without killing them.

Hopefully this means I can keep alive my fantasy that he's a virgin -- and all signs still point in that direction, especially after the line that suggested Chuck was his first and last kiss.
Quote Post Goto Top

adrianna
Unregistered

Yeah I am pretty sure he is a virgin. Its going to be tough for these two I can see a lot of drama down the line with both getting involved with other people cause neither can really touch one another.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

adrianna
Oct 13 2007, 03:09 PM
Yeah I am pretty sure he is a virgin. Its going to be tough for these two I can see a lot of drama down the line with both getting involved with other people cause neither can really touch one another.

I agree.. but I also hope not. I hope the "Pie Man" (how cute is that?!) just remains sexless forever. And makes pies. And makes pies. And makes pies. And loves Chuck. :)
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I watched Episode 1! It was definitely weird at first, but it got better once we found out Chuck died/"died." It was so cute when he showed up at her grave!

I don't hate the show, but I don't love it either. I'll definitely keep watching.

I like the actress who plays Chuck. At first, I thought it was Zoey Deschanel (I can't stand her) so I was happy to see it wasn't! Yay!

It's quirky and cute. I wish it was on HBO or Showtime where it could really push the envelope with the humor!

King
Member Avatar

OMG, the second episode was SO good!

I loved it all! The lead guy is so adorable!

Deleted User
Deleted User

King
Oct 15 2007, 10:52 PM
I watched Episode 1! It was definitely weird at first, but it got better once we found out Chuck died/"died." It was so cute when he showed up at her grave!

I don't hate the show, but I don't love it either. I'll definitely keep watching.

I like the actress who plays Chuck. At first, I thought it was Zoey Deschanel (I can't stand her) so I was happy to see it wasn't! Yay!

It's quirky and cute. I wish it was on HBO or Showtime where it could really push the envelope with the humor!

I'm confused. How could it push the envelope there? The show might as well be rated G; it seems like it's not intended to be about promiscuous sex and double entendres. It's just a charming, family show. And I wouldn't have it any other way. :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I was FLOORED to see that Olive learned Chuck's secret (well, half of it!) today. That just came so fast!
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply