Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Pushing Daisies
Topic Started: Oct 3 2007, 07:21 PM (1,446 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Oh, and PLEASE, People: Just GIVE Lee Pace the goddamn "Sexiest Man Alive" award.

You'd be a FOOL not to.
Quote Post Goto Top

AndyAMC
Member Avatar

Another great episode.

I just can't get over how intelligent and witty this dialogue is!

Glad to see the aunts back. I love Olive too!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AndyAMC
Member Avatar

OH and I was strangely intrigued by that chinese guys voice. Great touch.

King
Member Avatar

JERSoapsFan
Oct 18 2007, 02:51 AM
Oh, and PLEASE, People: Just GIVE Lee Pace the goddamn "Sexiest Man Alive" award.

You'd be a FOOL not to.

He is so f-ing cute!

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I agree! Another superb episode.

The most excellent blend of fantasy, drama, comedy and magic.

I can't wait for Molly Shannon and Paul Ruebens!!!

And Memo to Jsf, I am HIGHLY disappointed in you. :shame:

I was waiting to see how long it took you to notice who the boy playing young Ned was. It's Field Cate who played Passions Little Ethan Crane before Colton Shires took over the role in 2004

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rick
Oct 19 2007, 03:36 AM

I was waiting to see how long it took you to notice who the boy playing young Ned was. It's Field Cate who played Passions Little Ethan Crane before Colton Shires took over the role in 2004

Wait, you're kidding, right?!!!

and I remember when I HATED the recast of Little Ethan, always identifying the first little boy as the TRUE Little Ethan.

I'm shocked I didn't recognize him too!
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rick
Oct 19 2007, 03:36 AM

I have to add: looking back, Colton Shires MADE the role. The first kid's forgettable. So I'm not mad at MYSELF, which is the important thing.

Glad the other kid found a decent role, though.

I was mad originally with the recast, but again, CS made me see the light of day.

That first kid was NEVER meant to play the role of Eric Martsolf's and Lindsay Hartley's love child. He just didn't have it in him. :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I agree with you, I didn't realize it was him until episode 2 :lol:

So back to PD

I know you're a big SNL fan. Are you excited about Molly joining the show?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Will she (Molly) be a regular cast member or just a recurring? Either way, HELL YEAH, I am! She is (as she would say) "one funny lady!!!"

"I love her, I love her, I love her, I LOVE her!"

She was great as the psycho neighbor on Will/Grace.

She can do NO wrong.
Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

JERSoapsFan
Oct 20 2007, 12:17 AM
Will she (Molly) be a regular cast member or just a recurring? Either way, HELL YEAH, I am! She is (as she would say) "one funny lady!!!"

"I love her, I love her, I love her, I LOVE her!"

She was great as the psycho neighbor on Will/Grace.

She can do NO wrong.

Not sure how many episodes Jsf, but the reports say multi-episode arc

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Exclusive Interview: Kristin Chenoweth, from 'Pushing Daisies'

October 17, 2007

Kristin Chenoweth is a woman of many talents. She's an actress, a singer, has appeared in film, on TV, and on Broadway. Perhaps best known for her work on The West Wing, Chenoweth now finds herself on Pushing Daisies, the fall's most interesting and well-received new series. Kristin plays Olive Snook, an employee of The Pie Hole and unabashed lover of the pie maker himself, Ned. The first few episodes of Pushing Daisies have seen Olive hang out her window in full-spy mode, sell pies with extreme enthusiasm and, last week, break into song. Kristin was unavailable for our usual phone interview format, so we sent her along some questions and she responded via e-mail. Her answers can be found below.

How were you first approached for the role of Olive Snook? What were your first reactions to the pilot script?

-I was approached by Barry Sonnenfeld and Bryan Fuller about the show. The role of Olive spoke to me because she's a bit of the underdog. I rarely get to sink my teeth into those parts.

Obviously, the pilot script had to be incredible, but did you have any worries about how they would pull it off? Was it difficult to visualize the world of Pushing Daisies from what was on the page?

-I knew Barry would be the star of the show. That combined with his specific style and uniqueness would make the show special. Its his vision and the writing that make the show.

It didn't take long for audiences to get to watch you sing (the second episode). Was this a pre-requisite for your character? Or, did it happen once you were cast they knew they had a Tony winner in the role?

-The singing thing was a surprise to me. Bryan felt like putting it out there right away since many people were already writing in asking when I might sing. I get a kick out of singing on a show where it could actually make sense that someone sings. It was by no means a pre-requisite for me to take the part. I usually don't think singing on TV is a great idea but it certainly works in our world.

When you were making the pilot, did you anticipate that Pushing Daisies would garner such a universally positive response from critics and viewers alike, considering how different and quirky the show is?

-I knew from the minute I read it that it would speak to people. Just like I did the second I read the script for Wicked. I didn't know if critics would get it but apparently the majority of them dig it. Which is nice. Now millions of people are watching. Its a great honor to be involved from the ground up on something so special.

Is Bryan Fuller a crazy person? What kind of mind comes up with these sort of stories?

-Bryan fuller is a genius. Does that make him crazy. Hmmm. No. Haha. He should write a musical in his future. He has so many great qualities as a writer. There's nothing he can't do in my opinion.

Will Olive ever get to help solve a murder?

-I do believe Olive will get to solve a murder. She will become part of the mod squad. Which is exciting to me because I love watching crime shows. Now I will get to live out my dream as a wanna be detective.

adrianna
Unregistered

Lee Pace was shirtless tonight DAMN
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

adrianna
Nov 14 2007, 11:01 PM
Lee Pace was shirtless tonight DAMN

I was gonna say! 'bout damn time!

ETA: LEGS would've helped, though.
Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Lee Pace is H-O-T!

Tonight's episode was great!

I can't wait for next week. The preview showed Paul Ruebens and he did the Pee Wee Herman laugh!!!!

"You better ruuun, Hah Hah"

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Great episode..I really do love all the characters..But Olive is my favorite....Emerson getting dog trained was hilarious, as was the sequence of them all questioning the wives..And it was nice seeing Joel McHale guest starring..I really hope NBC picks up his IT Crowd show....

This show just gets better and better each week....It's almost like we get invited into their fantasy world each week...

Deleted User
Deleted User

I watched the episode 30 minutes in so maybe I missed so'th'n'. But was there any LOGICAL reason for the aunt to sing "Morning Has Broken"?! I mean, that was pretty random.
Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

A quick question for Rick..What happened to the different sections for the networks? I really liked how organized that was..But i don't have that option anymore..

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Kevc1980
Nov 23 2007, 02:50 AM
A quick question for Rick..What happened to the different sections for the networks? I really liked how organized that was..But i don't have that option anymore..

We liked it to Kev, but unfortunatly hits declined by about 50% so I consolidated them again

Andre

Rick
Nov 23 2007, 01:35 PM
Kevc1980
Nov 23 2007, 02:50 AM

We liked it to Kev, but unfortunatly hits declined by about 50% so I consolidated them again

Yeah, it was really annoying, lol. I love it all in one place. :rockon:

AndyAMC
Member Avatar

Last week's show was good...Olive cracks me up! "Don't make me cut a bitch."

LMFAO!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply