Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Sami Drives EJ to the Brink!
Topic Started: Oct 4 2007, 07:58 AM (2,399 Views)
Jonatha

Sami reneges on her decision to annul her marriage to Lucas and marry EJ this week on Days of Our Lives - and John pays the consequences.

"Sami sees herself as solely responsible for this," winces Alison Sweeney [Sami]. "She is to blame. She could have prevented this, but she didn't."

John's 'accident' is set in motion when EJ puts pressure on Sami to annul her marriage to Lucas and exchange "I do's" with him. Lucas insists that's not necessary with Andre out of commission, and Stefano near death.

"Sami loves Lucas. She doesn't want to leave him and turn her back on her family," admits Sweeney. "She doesn't want to marry into the DiMera's." So Sami agrees to Lucas's request to wait 24 hours before making her decision - and Lucas gets the Brady's to rally around Sami to help that decision along. "Lucas brings out the big guns; Marlena, John, Bo and Hope. The whole family tells Sami not to sacrifice herself for them," previews Sweeney.

When EJ returns for an update, he faces a stronger Sami. "Sami's feeling the support of her loved ones and realizes she doesn't have to be intimidated by this guy," asserts Sweeney. So EJ leaves her with a threat. "He mentions Will and how he hopes Sami has people watching him," shudders Sweeney. "Sami realizes the threat implied and starts to hesitate again. But her family warns her that marrying EJ won't be the easy answer. Sami will be giving EJ two more hostages [the twins]."

Sami finally sees their side and rips up the annullment papers. Then, she summons EJ and announces her decision... unwittingly interrupting his vengeful plan to mow down Belle. EJ's last ditch confessions of love fall of deaf ears, so "EJ warns Sami that's she going to regret it. She has sealed her fate and the fate of her family. Sami says, 'I'm going to have to learn to live with hearing your threats. Fine. Good luck to you.'

Which proves to be bad luck for her beloved step-father. Seconds after she blows off EJ, Sami's phone rings - it's Marlena, informing her that John was just run down by a speeding car. "Sami puts two and two together and realizes that EJ had something to do with this," cringes Sweeney. "Sami is horrified by what happened and terrified for John."

She should be.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

why do i have a feeling that John's accident happens off-screen and we probably only see John and Marlena for a brief two seconds?

I mean, I LOVE Sami and Sweeney but my god, does everything have to revolve around her? John's dying and it's SAMI'S story.

PRGirl

You would first have to like john to care, personally I can hardly wait to see him killed off the show and never return again. I want to see Marlena be redeemed and go back to being shown she is also a mother to sami and eric too, days has so cleveraly tried to hide that fact for years now, acting as though they were barely related. I am so happy to see john go. It is the one thing that motivates me to watch the show on a daily baisis again. I love that sammy is taking the days floor, john has done it for years and its been boring me to tears and onto other soaps. When John comes on screen I want to :puke:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

PRGirl
Oct 4 2007, 09:21 AM
You would first have to like john to care, personally I can hardly wait to see him killed off the show and never return again. I want to see Marlena be redeemed and go back to being shown she is also a mother to sami and eric too, days has so cleveraly tried to hide that fact for years now, acting as though they were barely related. I am so happy to see john go. It is the one thing that motivates me to watch the show on a daily baisis again. I love that sammy is taking the days floor, john has done it for years and its been boring me to tears and onto other soaps. When John comes on screen I want to :puke:

I don't agree that you would have to like John to care. I am not a big John fan and was very much looking forward to his death just for the sake of drama and for the potential it had to give a storyline to Marlena in showcasing her grief, but now I'm really not.

Just as much as this pisses me off as an EJ and EJami fan, this pisses me off as a fan of good storytelling and the fan of DAYS OF OUR LIVES as a whole that apparently a beloved character of 20 years in John Black is nothing more than a bump in the road (pun intended) to Hogan's precious Lumi/EJami triangle.

I mean I can't believe they woke John Black from a coma FOR THIS?!?!

And can someone explain to me what was the point of Santeen again and growing the EJami fanbase this much over the summer (the EJami fansite I belong to has gained about 1400 new members since Sami's wedding to Lucas) if they were just going to send EJ back down this road?

Then again maybe the reason they are having Ali Sweeney interviewed for this and not John because Drake is really gone and they're afraid of what he'll say? Not that that is really any better. But I just hope this is more about John than the article lets on.

If Sami goes into labor at John's funeral I'm going to fucking scream.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Some Emmy winning writer. What utter crap.

It appears this dunce has no idea what to do with an actor who can actually act.

Does anyone at DOOL have a clue about how to save this show? What I see in this article is not it. It seems more a recipe to turn off lots of fans, not bring them back or keep them.

Bastard!

Red Mist
Member Avatar

pspcindy
Oct 4 2007, 10:37 AM
Some Emmy winning writer. What utter crap.

It appears this dunce has no idea what to do with an actor who can actually act.

Does anyone at DOOL have a clue about how to save this show? What I see in this article is not it. It seems more a recipe to turn off lots of fans, not bring them back or keep them.

Bastard!

Amen sister! And BTW what are those ratings this week? Last I heard the show was at a 1.8. Good job Hoggie! <_<

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

Tell us how you really feel Cindy. :P

This is ridiculous. Someone needs to make up their mind about EJ. He is officially in my book a crazed stalker (still love James though).

Ed Scott is doing fabulous things for the show, why can't Hoagie step up to the damned plate.

Sephora
Unregistered

Nixsoaps
Oct 4 2007, 11:51 AM
Ed Scott is doing fabulous things for the show, why can't Hoagie step up to the damned plate.

Because his fat ass is stuck in a chair some place!

Sorry, but my hate and spewing venom is completely and absolutely directed at Hoggie Heffer. Seriously, the man has needed to be shown the door for months now, why can't anyone get that?
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I Like it.

I love E.J.'s dark side. He's been a big bore almost all of '07. Bring back the E.J. of '06.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Glad to see that Will's back ... Does he DRIVE yet?

My theory - since Bryan D's up coming SOD article mentions that Lucas is going to be sleeping alone ... which suggests that SAMI and EJ do infact get married but with all the speculation due to the now out SOD and SOW articles about "who hit John" and the SOW article points to EJ ... and EJ is evidently near by because he was trailing Belle.... Perhaps EJ is the witness to the Hit and Run ... perhaps it is WILL who hits John .... and EJ as the witness tells Sami it was Will and if she wants to keep Will out of Jail for hit and run and keep the secret - she must Marry him!

Red Mist
Member Avatar

cjknick
Oct 4 2007, 11:19 AM

My theory - since Bryan D's up coming SOD article mentions that Lucas is going to be sleeping alone ... which suggests that SAMI and EJ do infact get married but with all the speculation due to the now out SOD and SOW articles about "who hit John" and the SOW article points to EJ ... and EJ is evidently near by because he was trailing Belle.... Perhaps EJ is the witness to the Hit and Run ... perhaps it is WILL who hits John .... and EJ as the witness tells Sami it was Will and if she wants to keep Will out of Jail for hit and run and keep the secret - she must Marry him!

Good Theory, It Explains why Will is back while this Vendetta is still going on. Ej killing John is just too easy and very undramatic. There has to be a catch. I am pissed off though at HS's flip flops on Ej...he is good...no he is bad...no he is really bad...no he is really good....enough! :drunk: I am being driven to drink.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

But... but...

Is Will going to be ostracized by Salem like Chelsea was when she ran over Zack?

I'm feeling the agony of repeat here.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Sickening. I have such a feeling the John story is going to be all about Sami, but I am starting to sound like a broken record - just like PRGirl. :lol: We know you don't like John. As many of us have said before that is fine. I can't stand Sami and EJ and Lucas and ............. Just as you won't shed a tear when and if John is gone, I wouldn't if they disappeared either.

Back on topic, if they do go to the point of making this a Sami story, any positive the show might gain ratings wise is out the door. It will be just as bad as anything JER did with the undoing of the SSK story. I know some are saying they don't care about the ratings because Days is so good. We GL fans have been saying that for years now. Too bad the networks do care about them. My fear is that if Days and GL both don't pick up soon, both have no chance in hell at being renewed. And whether they are good or not, it's bye bye soaps. Hey I was a big fan of Hill Street Blues. One of the best technical and acted shows in the history of television. NBC was patient with the show because of it's critical acclaim but hey patience ran out on the show long before I would have loved it too because the show just never picked up in ratings.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

What??????????? Am I reading this correctly?????? Marlena, the concerned loving mother, calls her nearly demented daughter with the news that John has been run over seconds after it happens knowinig full well that said daughter will blame herself for it. I simply cannot believe any writer could conceive of such stupidity. Seconds after her beloved husband is run over, she is not calling 911, or just simply in shock, but she is calling the first person she would want to protect from this news. How pathetic. I'm livid.

Sephora
Unregistered

Dragonish1
Oct 4 2007, 12:25 PM
cjknick
Oct 4 2007, 11:19 AM

Good Theory, It Explains why Will is back while this Vendetta is still going on. Ej killing John is just too easy and very undramatic. There has to be a catch. I am pissed off though at HS's flip flops on Ej...he is good...no he is bad...no he is really bad...no he is really good....enough! :drunk: I am being driven to drink.

Will/Chris goes away every year and comes back right at this time, remember when he went missing last year? That's the actor's schedule.
Quote Post Goto Top

Sephora
Unregistered

DaysFanJean
Oct 4 2007, 12:47 PM
What??????????? Am I reading this correctly?????? Marlena, the concerned loving mother, calls her nearly demented daughter with the news that John has been run over seconds after it happens knowinig full well that said daughter will blame herself for it. I simply cannot believe any writer could conceive of such stupidity. Seconds after her beloved husband is run over, she is not calling 911, or just simply in shock, but she is calling the first person she would want to protect from this news. How pathetic. I'm livid.

It doesn't say seconds after he's run over she calls Sami, it says seconds after EJ leaves, Sami receives a call. Meaning Marlena could very well be at the hospital calling everyone to get down there. That would make sense, don't you think?
Quote Post Goto Top

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Wow, so much speculation, not enough facts. I don't think this should be all about Sami either, but will wait to see it all play out. What else can we do? Quit watching? Not me.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Sephora,

There is something in tomorrow's episode where Will mentions learning to drive while he was in Europe so there could very well be something to CJKnick's theory. Beats the hell out of EJ being the driver anyway.

But EJ not being the driver still won't take away from the fact that this whole thing is about Sami and Lumi/EJami and it shouldn't be.

And if John is killed in a hit and run it won't change the fact that this is a repeat of Zach's death.

And if EJ is the main suspect it won't change the fact that this is a repeat of his whole shooting thing.

I feel like the show is on a loop at this point.

I swear Hogan Sheffer needs to stop planning out DOOL stories while beating off to a picture of Alison Sweeney with a head full of acid.

Once again, I ask, THEY WOKE UP JOHN BLACK FROM THAT COMA FOR THIS?!?!

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

ArizonaDaze
Oct 4 2007, 12:13 PM
Wow, so much speculation, not enough facts. I don't think this should be all about Sami either, but will wait to see it all play out. What else can we do? Quit watching? Not me.

AD, I think there are a lot of the fans who are left that won't quit. They are like the ones of us GL loyalists who stick and keep the show where it is at in the ratings. GL keeps us out of loyalty and out of the fact that they do write about the characters we care about and are attached too. If GL becomes about people I have no attachment too, I would probably wain from it.

With Days there are some like me who have gotten unattached from years of promises not being kept. And this year (the year of Sami) is what finally did it for me.

Anyway I say that to say that the 1.8 viewership that Days has hooked on to is Days new fanbase. They like GL will have fans that float in and out that have carried GL up to 2.1 in the last year, but unfortunately GL did nothing to keep them. They went back to the same old same old.

My point is Days might pull this stunt, and get fans to watch, but if they make it about Sami and not where it should be they have no chance in hell keeping fans who tune in. If it turns to all about Sami they won't give the show a chance they are back out the door. It is the same thing that GH does with their stunts. They get them but then don't keep them because they go back to the same old same old storywise. Most fans don't give a flying fuck about whether the lighting is good or the direction is just perfect. They want stories about people they care about. They want the familiar. And they want compelling drama. If they don't get it especially from a soap opera.

This is from MichaelGL's siggy and I believe it wholeheartedly:

Quote:

"Whatever the viewer's age, people want to be entertained by compelling stories with characters that they care about. Soaps are one of the only ways on TV where viewers can really get under the skin of a character. We want to know the nitty gritty of their lives, to accept their faults and love them for it, as they're the same faults that we all have."

-John Yorke, former Executive Producer of EastEnders

If they don't care about the characters that are on. And the drama isn't compelling then the viewers will be gone again. And sadly right now there is a big faction of Days fans who are tired of Sami, EJ and Lucas. And they resent them for being there when other characters they love and have loved are not.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

It's really starting to sound like John's death is going to be about Sami... <_<

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply