Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Sami Drives EJ to the Brink!
Topic Started: Oct 4 2007, 07:58 AM (2,444 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

The thing is Steve... this John death and the secrecy surrounding it doesn't even seem like a ratings stunt to me. If it was about that, I could almost understand it, but instead it just appears to me that the show is just trying to make John disappear as quickly and quietly as possible. If it's a money thing that still doesn't explain why they shouldn't make it a huge event and a big fucking story. The only explanation for this is that Hogan just doesn't care.

I mean I just don't understand what Hogan thinks he is accomplishing right now when even the EJ/Sami/Lucas fans who love two out of three of these characters, or all three in some special circumstances, are getting mad as hell and hating the show and tuning out for weeks at a time when the story isn't going their couple's way. I'm not one of them, but there are these people who exist. The show is just so fucking polarized for no fucking reason because it sure isn't for the sake of a good story because Hogan is not giving us that at all.

I mean I'm a die-hard EJami and Sami fan and at this point I would rather see Sami go off on an extended honeymoon with Lucas offscreen than be subjected to the Alex North II story Hogan seems to have in mind for EJ and Sami and Lucas now.

BTW, am I the only one who remembers those rumors floating around DaysCafe or in one of the soap mags where they talked about allegations that someone was trying to sabotage DOOL. Because at this point I'm wondering if this person was Hogan. Maybe ATWT just lent him to us to kill DOOL so once it's cancelled ATWT might be able to pick up some of the DOOL viewers. I mean I know that's ridiculous, but so is Hogan!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I am cool with the Days of Sami's Life, as long as the STORY is good.

The Feud/Santeen was a big flop with me.

I love Sami/Sweeney though. Just make it a good story, DAYS!

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Yes, Steve, I guess I am a loyalist. But as someone who has watched since almost the beginning, I'll never give up but like most of our wonderful posters, I want better stories utilizing ALL characters, not just the chosen few. I have always been a fan of Sami and Lucas too (not from his beginning though) but I too grow tired of the same 3 or 4 people used in every story. I have not been happy about the "resolution to the vendetta" either. It has been a big bust to me because the proper people have not been used as they should have but I can detach myself from that or stop watching all together. It has been such a part of my life for over 40 years, that I can't seem to give it up!

scottyslady

Oh boy. Back and forth we go again.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Quote:

The thing is Steve... this John death and the secrecy surrounding it doesn't even seem like a ratings stunt to me. If it was about that, I could almost understand it, but instead it just appears to me that the show is just trying to make John disappear as quickly and quietly as possible. If it's a money thing that still doesn't explain why they shouldn't make it a huge event and a big fucking story. The only explanation for this is that Hogan just doesn't care.

The scary part Mary is that this occurred to me too. Maybe we're not hearing about John/Drake because Hogan may no longer consider him to be that important. After all, the character was in a coma for months.

Sephora
Unregistered

IMissAremid
Oct 4 2007, 01:14 PM
Sephora,

There is something in tomorrow's episode where Will mentions learning to drive while he was in Europe so there could very well be something to CJKnick's theory. Beats the hell out of EJ being the driver anyway.

I have a teen exactly Chris' age (they share the same DOB) and she is currently in possesion of a learners permit so the comment made me go, "yeah, that's about the right age" rather than thinking Will could do this. I don't even want to entertain the thought because I have enough issues with Days, the last thing I need is them making me afraid to let my daughter go out with her friends or get her license in a couple months.

I'm really hoping that that odd rumour from months ago about someone waking up from a coma and the entire year being a dream is going to be true. Rather than John dying, he could be waking up from a nearly year long coma, Sami could go back to being Bad Sami, and Lucas and Will could still be living with Kate.

A girl can dream, can't she.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King
Oct 4 2007, 12:40 PM
I am cool with the Days of Sami's Life, as long as the STORY is good.

The Feud/Santeen was a big flop with me.

I love Sami/Sweeney though. Just make it a good story, DAYS!

I agree, although I do think she needs a break.

The buildup involves Sami but we do not know how the scenes following the accident will unfold. I think it was a pretty safe bet that the accident was going to be in some way Dimera/Sami related so I don't know what is surprising so many people here.

Also, I like EJ but I saw this coming a mile away. Everytime things don't go his way he goes back to the mindset he was trained to have. We started seeing signs today where he mentioned silencing Lucas. Hogan never attempted to change the character. All he did was show how he is when things are going good and he is bonding with Sami and now, when things fall apart and Sami is resisting, he goes back to the EJ of 2006.

Personally, I think they just need to bring EJ back to what he was in Fall 2006. He was nasty but also sexy. You loved to hate him. After the rape, he took a nosedive and this summer I saw signs of him coming out of it. I guess I am in the minority in liking this and actually understanding what they have done with the character. The only mistake I think they made was the rape and his endless torture of Sami.

Another point...if Sami should go into labor at the funeral, I have no problem with that as long as it's after everyone has spoken and so on. We know from Lskreet that people do speak and the whole cast is there so it's likely they make it through the whole thing. If she goes into labor on the way to the cemetery, I have no problem with that because of the whole "life and death" thing. They can consider the twins John's way of saying it's all ok or even name one of twins after him. Maybe Thomas John (a take off on John Thomas)?

Whatever the case, I know I am clearly in the minority so we'll see.

Mason
Member Avatar

Okay, NOW I'm really pissed. :angry:

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Mason AKA Hogan
Oct 4 2007, 03:15 PM
Okay, NOW I'm really pissed. :angry:

Tell Miss Kitty all about it... :)

Mason
Member Avatar

Just yesterday, I said I didn't care who hit John as long as it wasn't E.J. So who do we find out it is today?

E.J.

:angry:

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Well... so much for the so-called redemption of EJ, eh? :bs:

Sorry Mason. This show never does what we want it to, does it? :drunk:

King
Member Avatar

The article says Sami puts two and two together...not that E.J. actually hits him.

Mason
Member Avatar

Well, I hope that's the case, King, because the way I read it is that E.J. hits John when he's going after Belle.

Tammy
Member Avatar

As a J&M fan I am not going to react to this Sami mess until I actually see what is going to happen. It is a lot like when John came out of his coma. Many J&M fans were all up in arms because the spoilers said that John responds to Belle and comes out of his coma. So many were pissed because they thought it should be Marlena who pulled John out of it. And in the end who pulled him out of his coma... MARLENA!

Sometimes I find the spoilers to be misleading... so I alway wait and see. And then most times in the end I am pissed at what I do see lmfao... but that is another subject all together :P

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Exactly, Tammy.

Fine post. Plus, as King said, nowhere in the article that it even say EJ hits John.

Mason
Member Avatar

Again, I hope you're all right and E.J. isn't involved, but that's just how I interpreted it.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

That's how I interpreted it too, esp after reading this part:

Quote:

Seconds after she blows off EJ, Sami's phone rings - it's Marlena, informing her that John was just run down by a speeding car. "Sami puts two and two together and realizes that EJ had something to do with this," cringes Sweeney. "Sami is horrified by what happened and terrified for John."

She should be.

dawn9476

It doesn't matter if EJ hit John or not. He proves that he is obsessed with Sami and doesn't love her. First by stalking her little sister to her college class. Then by going back to see Sami and arguing with her about her decision not to marry him. If EJ truly loved Sami, he would admit defeat. He wouldn't go stalking Belle or go back to pick a fight with Sami after he got bored with waiting for Belle to come out of her class.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I swear sometimes this show gives me a serious form of whiplash. They need to figure out if they want EJ to be a good buy or a bad guy... and then STICK WITH IT. <_<

Even if EJ is the driver, its not like the Salem PD could prove it... latley they wouldn't be able to tell their ass from their elbow <_<

And honestly, I dont think EJ is the driver... that is just too easy!

Mason
Member Avatar

See, to me, the fact that it's too easy is exactly the reason why I think he probably will turn out to be the driver.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply