Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Marlena's Possession To Be Rebroadcast on SoapNet; For Halloween
Topic Started: Oct 7 2007, 03:18 PM (1,198 Views)
Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

http://www.soapcentral.com/days/news/2007/1008-halloween.php
Marlena's Possession To Be Rebroadcast for Halloween
Posted Friday, October 05, 2007 8:50:18 PM

SOAPnet will re-broadcast three episodes from 1995 when Marlena's soul was taken over by the devil. What's, um, possessed them to do that? It's all part of a Halloween mini-marathon airing later this month on the all-soaps cable channel.

Celebrate Halloween with one of the most talked about storylines in soap opera history -- the possession of Days of our Lives' Marlena Evans. This Halloween, SOAPnet, the all-soaps cable channel, will air a mini-marathon of three vintage DAYS episodes from 1995 that were part of daytime's answer to the motion picture thriller, "The Exorcist." These three episodes are sure to put a chill into your regular soap viewing.

For long-time Days of our Lives fans, this is a chance to relive episodes from over 12 years ago. For newer DAYS viewers or soap fans that have never had a chance to see the much talked about demonic possession episodes, here's your chance to find out what every was (and, sometimes, still is) talking about.

9:00pm: Episode #7,528
Original Airdate: May 12th, 1995
Kristen is on to Marlena. Meanwhile, Marlena morphs into a panther and has a swarm of bees attack Shawn.

10:00pm: Epsode #7,531
Original Airdate: May 17th, 1995
Marlena's loved ones see her levitate. When they try to talk to her, she responds as the devil. Everyone decides that it's time to perform an exorcism.

11:00pm: Episode #7,570
Original Airdate: July 18th, 1995
While Marlena's friends and family thinks she's dead, John fights the devil for Marlena's soul.

The marathon airs October 28th on SOAPnet beginning at 9:00pm Eastern and Pacific. Check your local listings for the channel in your area.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

OMFG. YES.

I have the 1995 episode on TIVO from You've Got A Mother Thing Coming marathon from May. I watch it on occasion, and it is SO good. The dark lighting, the music, the acting, just the look, which the show is starting to get back, is so good.

The pacing was so different then too. Every week had an arc, and every episode had an arc. I really really can't wait for this!

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Eeeeek!

peaches179

I can't wait to see this!!! Thank you ,Thank you ,Thank you, Soapnet!!!

titan1978
Member Avatar

Great News for DAYS fans that have Soapnet. Classic shows.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

YES! YES! YES!!!

I'm so excited!!! Finally, I get to see the Days that I love!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Cool! Thanks for posting this!

aMLCproduction
Member Avatar
Prince

what a dream come true

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

OMG yes! Thanks so much for posting.

Kenny
Member Avatar

AWESOME!! I'll definitely be recording this. I remember IMA and myself going crazy over the 1995 episode they played on SoapNet several months back, LoL. IMA couldn't believe how much better the show was back then -- she had forgotten just HOW GOOD it was! LoL

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Kenny
Oct 7 2007, 04:58 PM
AWESOME!! I'll definitely be recording this. I remember IMA and myself going crazy over the 1995 episode they played on SoapNet several months back, LoL. IMA couldn't believe how much better the show was back then -- she had forgotten just HOW GOOD it was! LoL

Yes Kenny! And I still stand by that sentiment. It wasn't just every week or every episode had a cliffhanger to it back then, but every act had one before the commercial break, so it all flowed together so beautifully and the sets and everything else were just so much better. As much as I am psyched to see these great Marlena scenes from the possession story in this new marathon, quite honestly I also can't wait to see what other stuff may be in them with Vivian or the Carrie/Austin/Sami/Lucas quad that I loved back then too.

I'm curious though about the last epi if that is going to be the episode where John is alone with Marlena in the morgue. It's scary how vividly I remember that scene and I want to see if it lives up to my memories of it.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I can't wait.

bellcurve
Unregistered

UGH!

I fucking hate my life!

Why did SOAPnet decide to air all the good shit when I dropped my subscription?

UGH!

I HATE SOAPNET!
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

FUCK!!!

I don't even get SN here at school! :angry:

Ridge
Member Avatar

Got em on tape but it will be damned good to watch em again! Great!

thereyougo

Wow! Thank you! This was my all time favorite soap story. I hope the shows they air are the ones that show the magnitude of John and Marlena's love and friendship. :hail: :D

Deleted User
Deleted User

Please, GOD, someone help out the non-SoapNet people. Get it on mininova or some such.

These are episodes NO soap fan should miss, BY GOD.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

AWESOME!!

It may have forever damaged the genre and helped damage Days's credibility but I loved this story so I will be watching, even though I have them on tape :lol:

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

OMG! FUCK YES!! Posted Image

Kenny
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Oct 7 2007, 06:27 PM
Kenny
Oct 7 2007, 04:58 PM

Yes Kenny! And I still stand by that sentiment. It wasn't just every week or every episode had a cliffhanger to it back then, but every act had one before the commercial break, so it all flowed together so beautifully and the sets and everything else were just so much better. As much as I am psyched to see these great Marlena scenes from the possession story in this new marathon, quite honestly I also can't wait to see what other stuff may be in them with Vivian or the Carrie/Austin/Sami/Lucas quad that I loved back then too.

I'm curious though about the last epi if that is going to be the episode where John is alone with Marlena in the morgue. It's scary how vividly I remember that scene and I want to see if it lives up to my memories of it.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I can't wait.

Remember how we were so shocked at how much BIGGER Sami's apartment was back then? Of course, Sami didn't live there then, but it was the same set/layout and Carrie/Billie lived there, I believe. Remember how HUGE it was?! LoL It made the set today look like a little child's dollhouse.

And the bedroom of the Kiriakis Mansion that Vivian was laying down in. What I remember most is the huge windows and the giant drapes that made the whole room seem expansive and RICH.

Anyway, I watched the morgue fight scenes on YouTube recently and I can tell you, they're superb. It's really creepy to watch, because at that point in the story, Marlena's body is completely dead and John is quite literally fighting a corpse. It just had such a DEAD, morbid feel to it.

Mason

Oh, Thank God! It airs on the weekend, so I can go home and watch it! :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply