Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of Oct. 8th.
Topic Started: Oct 8 2007, 12:15 PM (5,519 Views)
King
Member Avatar

Discuss away!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

What's this I see

A Hope and Sami scene? And they are not being sarcastic toward one another?

How refreshing

King
Member Avatar

I agree, Rick. What a great scene!

Today's was kind of blah, but good. I hope this is an example of what the episodes will be like when the feud/vendetta/Santeen/Andre crap is over. Solid, good, enjoyable. Pretty decent!

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

I agree that today's episode is kind of blah. It was watchable though.
I like the interaction of so many characters. People are actually showing up later in the episode instead of knowing 5 minutes in who will be the focus of the show.
Hope and Sami, EJ and Tony, Philip and Billie, family interaction that I love.

I am looking forward to the rest of the week.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

OK I loved loved loved the EJ and Sami and EJ/Tony and Sami/Hope scenes today.

Oh if DOOL is teasing me with these scenes of their delectable bickerflirting but isn't actually planning to let EJ and Sami have this marriage of convenience I am going to have go Trandre and/or Clowndre on their asses. The scene with Sami mopping over his feet and making the crack about Santo pushing their beds together and warning him that he will wish he was dead once he is married to her, while at the same time Sami is being so clearly in denial about her feelings for EJ, just had me jumping for joy getting the chance to see the spunky spitfire Sami I know and love. And after once again we had flashes of the entitled, self-indulgent EJ who doesn't know when to quit and has no use for pretenses of propriety in already talking about sharing a bed with Sami yet finally to Tony admitted he's done things he's ashamed of and demonstrated that remorse with the promise that he would honor Sami's request that they lie to Stefano about the state of their marriage because he loves her and wants to make things easy on her... mmmmmm that's some soapy goodness. I will never get tired of seeing Sami bend EJ to her will. Oh and that kiss on the cheek and the look back as he exited the kitchen as they played the Santeen theme? *SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON*

The rest was kind of blah. Poor Lauren. Why was she so crazy again? If she wanted money then why did she run away when Phillip tried to give it to her? And why did she come back to Salem and why was she in the hospital? I just don't get it. Oh and the death scene... Ugh Phillip's comment right before she died of him thinking only of himself and how he wouldn't be able to find Tyler was so disgustingly selfish. I mean I know she's a woman so DOOL doesn't think anyone should have any compassion for her, but wow that whole thing was just so cold and I didn't think they could get colder than the reaction they had to Willow's death. At least in that instance you had someone blaming themselves for her death and a little sadness for her. But this case? It was just all about how her death affected them finding Tyler? And on a random note... I wish they could show Brandon Beemer shirtless in scenes besides him being on his back in a hospital bed. Because that rack is just distracting. Seriously.

p.s. Files "under the wheels of the DiMera killing machine" and Sami's comments about how she'll not be able to forgive herself if one more person dies in my memory bank.

King
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Oct 8 2007, 02:05 PM
Oh and that kiss on the cheek and the look back as he exited the kitchen as they played the Santeen theme? *SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON*

The Santeen theme is definitely the best thing to come out of this whole storyline for me. That music is AMAZING.

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

When Philip was putting his shirt under Lauren's head, who did he saw he knew was a Dr? At first I thought he said it was alright because his mother was a Dr. But we all know that Kate has been many things, but not a Dr.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Now see this is what's crazy.

I thought today was good :lol: and this coming from one of DAYS biggest critics.

wickednana
Unregistered

IMissAremid
Oct 8 2007, 02:05 PM
OK I loved loved loved the EJ and Sami and EJ/Tony and Sami/Hope scenes today.

Oh if DOOL is teasing me with these scenes of their delectable bickerflirting but isn't actually planning to let EJ and Sami have this marriage of convenience I am going to have go Trandre and/or Clowndre on their asses. The scene with Sami mopping over his feet and making the crack about Santo pushing their beds together and warning him that he will wish he was dead once he is married to her, while at the same time Sami is being so clearly in denial about her feelings for EJ, just had me jumping for joy getting the chance to see the spunky spitfire Sami I know and love. And after once again we had flashes of the entitled, self-indulgent EJ who doesn't know when to quit and has no use for pretenses of propriety in already talking about sharing a bed with Sami yet finally to Tony admitted he's done things he's ashamed of and demonstrated that remorse with the promise that he would honor Sami's request that they lie to Stefano about the state of their marriage because he loves her and wants to make things easy on her... mmmmmm that's some soapy goodness. I will never get tired of seeing Sami bend EJ to her will. Oh and that kiss on the cheek and the look back as he exited the kitchen as they played the Santeen theme? *SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON*

The rest was kind of blah. Poor Lauren. Why was she so crazy again? If she wanted money then why did she run away when Phillip tried to give it to her? And why did she come back to Salem and why was she in the hospital? I just don't get it. Oh and the death scene... Ugh Phillip's comment right before she died of him thinking only of himself and how he wouldn't be able to find Tyler was so disgustingly selfish. I mean I know she's a woman so DOOL doesn't think anyone should have any compassion for her, but wow that whole thing was just so cold and I didn't think they could get colder than the reaction they had to Willow's death. At least in that instance you had someone blaming themselves for her death and a little sadness for her. But this case? It was just all about how her death affected them finding Tyler? And on a random note... I wish they could show Brandon Beemer shirtless in scenes besides him being on his back in a hospital bed. Because that rack is just distracting. Seriously.

p.s. Files "under the wheels of the DiMera killing machine" and Sami's comments about how she'll not be able to forgive herself if one more person dies in my memory bank.

just for my own info..what brady has been killed by a dimera?

kidnapped, yes..made to carry children..yes..but i cannot think of a single brady killed off by a dimera.

and i am in agreement about the coldness towards laurens death..

now would we ever see lucas exhibit any sense of sacrifice as ej has done..has he ever done anything like confessing his part in francos death to save her?

ej has remorse for his actions...lucas actions have always been swept under the rug.

the ejami story must be told if there is going to be any stories for all the people on days
Quote Post Goto Top

Days4Life
Unregistered

wickednana
Oct 8 2007, 03:59 PM

just for my own info..what brady has been killed by a dimera?

kidnapped, yes..made to carry children..yes..but i cannot think of a single brady killed off by a dimera.

and i am in agreement about the coldness towards laurens death..

now would we ever see lucas exhibit any sense of sacrifice as ej has done..has he ever done anything like confessing his part in francos death to save her?

ej has remorse for his actions...lucas actions have always been swept under the rug.

the ejami story must be told if there is going to be any stories for all the people on days

That is my question, too--I can't think of any Brady who has actually died...and stayed dead. All the deaths have been on the Dimera side. The Bradys are thriving as a family while the Dimera dynasty is crumbling.

Loved EJ/Sami and EJ/Tony today. There was some good stuff in those conversations.

Poor Lauren.
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I took it as Sami referring to the "deaths." Even though they were fake deaths, the grieving and mourning of Roman (three times?), Marlena (three times?), Hope, Abe (twice), Steve, and Caroline were real.

Sephora
Unregistered

Rick
Oct 8 2007, 01:42 PM
What's this I see

How refreshing

It wasn't the first. They had a great heart to heart a while ago too.

As a former member of Forbidden Love I did love the Romeo and Juliet reference. They/We did a campaign a year ago and I did a fan fic with that reference over a year ago so it was cool to see. Loved the kiss at the end.
Quote Post Goto Top

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Good show today. EJ and Sami....swoon.

Loved the music for much of the scenes today. Thank you so much Ed Scott.

Gosh how many foreshadowing can there be? I noticed about two today.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

If there was anything tender and loving about EJ, he would tell his father to buzz off and leave Sami alone. If he had a moral fiber, he would never try to seperate a married woman from her husband and her having his (her husbands) babies at that. EJ is bad to the bone. Obviously, I strongly disagree with those who think he is fine.

Philip was so tender with Lauren. It breaks my heart that the writers killed her off instead of pairing those two. They would have worked so well together. I loved the way Philip was consoling her and telling her that he knew she loved Tyler and that she took good care of him. I loved how he held her hand and she clung to him and kept eye contact with him. I loved the way he told her he was staying right there with her and he did. He was very sad she died. He knew the things he wanted to know about Tyler were in her and wanted to hear those things from her. Of course, he wants his son. That is human nature and a total given. To be otherwise would have been pure fiction. He will most likely see to her funeral arrangements. Maybe we get to see Philip and Tyler at her funeral.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Rick
Oct 8 2007, 01:42 PM
What's this I see

How refreshing

LoL, everytime I see Sami and Hope in a scene together, I always flash back to 1998 when Sami told Krista Allen's Billie, "Don't worry, I like you better than Aunt Hope, anyway."

Meanwhile, I liked the scene where Sami told EJ that pretty soon, he would be begging the devil to save him from her and she can practically smell the fire and brimstone already. It was classic, smartmouth Sami!

Kenny
Member Avatar

This is unrelated to the episode, but I just read that Alison Sweeney is going to be on Jay Leno on Thursday, October 18th. Woo!!

Also, Stephen Nichols will be on The Ellen Degeneres Show on Monday, October 15th.

King
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 8 2007, 11:54 PM
This is unrelated to the episode, but I just read that Alison Sweeney is going to be on Jay Leno on Thursday, October 18th. Woo!!

Also, Stephen Nichols will be on The Ellen Degeneres Show on Monday, October 15th.

:rockon:

I can't believe it!

Sweeney better mention DAYS. :lol:

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

Kenny

Fucking rock the fuck out. I LOVE how NBC is promoting Days. And btw, I think DAYS has been so much better lately. I really enjoy the Brady/DiMera feud and the amount of characters it's roped in, especially Doug & Julie.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny

The Ali one isn't shocking because of TBL. Hope she mentions Days.

SN is shocking because that can't be about anything but promoting Days and that is awsome!!

King
Member Avatar

I hope DAYS incorporates hazing into this Rush Storyline. It's been kind of realistic so far, but they have to push it. Greek life was HUGE on my campus, and, yeah, they do service and whatnot, but some of they hazing the sororities do is INSANE.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply