Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of Oct. 8th.
Topic Started: Oct 8 2007, 12:15 PM (5,736 Views)
Sephora
Unregistered

King
Oct 9 2007, 01:34 PM
I hope DAYS incorporates hazing into this Rush Storyline. It's been kind of realistic so far, but they have to push it. Greek life was HUGE on my campus, and, yeah, they do service and whatnot, but some of they hazing the sororities do is INSANE.

Hazing is a fine line. I wonder if they'll dare cross it. There are campus' where it's illegal. They could make it illegal at Salem U and have Chelsea conflicted or get hurt during hazing and with Billie head of security....okay, too complex for Days.
Quote Post Goto Top

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

I am absolutely in shock that everyone put it together today that Steve and Kayla have Tyler. This could have taken forever. Poor little baby boy, I wonder what is wrong with him.

I am impressed with the charity work that the sorority is doing. Hazing could be interesting, but I think this bachelor auction will go over well.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I spoke too soon, this Ford Decker guy is badddddd. Oh god!

Days4Life
Unregistered

King
Oct 9 2007, 01:00 PM
I spoke too soon, this Ford Decker guy is badddddd. Oh god!

All of the sorority stuff is bad today. And I'm sick to death of Sami and Lucas having the same conversation over and over again.

Poor Pocket/Tyler...wonder what's wrong?
Quote Post Goto Top

daysfan
Member Avatar

The word "vendetta" is getting annoying. It's been used for months and months. Start calling it feud again or something, Script Writers!!! LOL

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

OK, so aside from the Cheatin Heart and Kayla-Pocket stuff this was a filler episode and a half. LOL at the TRIPLE flashback that Phillip had over Lauren. Don't think I've ever seen that before on DOOL.

The EJ/Sami/Lucas stuff was just odd. EJ and Sami were back at the pub again yet they were wearing different clothes and now Lucas is there and it felt like we came into their talk mid-conversation. Doesn't anyone have a home any more? I mean I get that it seems like EJ may be developing alcoholism as he always has a drink in his hand now so it makes sense for him to be at the bar again, but Sami? When was the last time we saw her apartment? I wonder if they got rid of that set? And what's up with Sami and EJ wearing different clothes yet it's still the same day in the Phillip-Belle-Billie-Shawn scenes. Did we miss something? I did like the EJ interjections sticking up for Sami though as Lucas and Sami had the same argument for the 99th time as at least that added a little variety to the scene. "No one makes me do what I don't want to do." Oh really, Sami? So are you saying that EJ has never made you do what you didn't want to do? Never FORCED you to do something you didn't want to do? Are we back to Dec. 29 was a bargain and not rape then DOOL writers? Damn this show sends out mixed messages like nobody's business.

Today I finally decided it's annoying that Kate is doing nothing for Phillip in regards to Tyler. Have Phillip and Kate ever talked about it? I mean I know having Kate and Phillip interact would remind viewers that Kate doesn't actually have to whore herself out to Stefano because if she was in trouble Phillip could just float her some cash, but where the hell is she? And it's sad that the only story Billie can have is supporting the Shellip triangle. Ugh. LOL at Belle of all people getting the Salem brain today and figuring out that Lauren abandons baby at the hospital + Pocket = Tyler.

The Hope and Kayla stuff was good. Enjoyed the Frankie mention. Michael from AW, where the hell have you been?

Shock of all shocks I actually liked the Cheatin Heart stuff (other than Stephanie not being there for her mom at all as she deals with Benjy dead, Steve in jail and now apparently Pocket being taken away) but why did they have to give the new guy the name FORD DECKER?! Where do they come up with these names? I hate him on sight just because apparently the guy is nothing more than some inside joke from a "Blade Runner" fan. And they needed to have a bachelor's auction and Chelsea didn't call Jett? So they are going to have a shirtless guy scene and not incorporate Marcus Patrick into it when as far as I can tell it was his body that was the only reason that he was hired? BTW, where's Nick? Now that Chelsea and Stephanie are in a sorority are they not allowed to hang out with him? But damn I can deal with that because Chelsea's weird crying rant was actually interesting to me and Darin Brooks is a SEXY boy and I had a lot of fun watching him in this scene. Yay for shirtless men on Days and I can dig scenes with Chelsea, Stephanie and Max interacting with each other.

Wasn't sure if Hogan Sheffer could show any more contempt for the Catholic church than with his Santeen story (corrupt priest, busybody sister, weak and unstable novice who committed suicide but was given a plaque in a church after her death?), but with that quickie annulment Stefano bought? Wow. Brazen. Not that I am even Catholic or a big supporter of organized religion or anything, but if I was I could see these stories turning me off right off the bat with their anti-church slant. And when did Stefano get that motorized wheelchair? I liked his pimp cane better.

Overall a C+ episode, I'm just ready to get to the meaty stuff later in the week already.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I'm about part way through today's episode and the only thing I've enjoyed so far is seeing Kale Browne who played Michael on AW making an appearance on the show again. It would be nice if they added him as a regular character and ended up pairing him with Kate or eventually Marlena......

Days4Life
Unregistered

I'm hoping Philip doesn't go after Kayla, slam her up against a wall and pin her there by the neck.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Loved yesterday's Hope/Sami and Tony/EJ scenes. Also loved Lauren's death and the way it was handled.

Great seeing Billie and I love that the Pocket story is moving so fast. Glad Philip knows.

MBE was awesome today and good seeing Hope supporting her. That CPS lady is annoying.

The Pub scenes were ok but the same old go round. Good seeing Stefano again and the ending wasn't bad.

The Cheatin Heart stuff was actually good. I just love seeing Max, Chelsea, and Stephanie interacting and this story suits them because it's realistic and age-appropriate. The Ford Decker guy was not at all like I expected. I was expecting him to be stuck up and very much like Jeremy. I kind of like him. I also like the sorority girls. This story is a nice lighthearted story. Like King, I kind of hope they go further with the hazing though because this does have potential.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I was surprised, too, that the sorority auction was pretty good. I'm on the fence about Ford Decker, though. Not bad, but not WOW either. I rather liked the John Fogerty lookalike one best. Max was too cute and so hot, for a youngster. Somehow he looked like he was 18 or 19 instead of about 23. Loved the green-eyed look from Steph LOL. Rachel Melvin had the best day in a long time, for Chelsea, I think.

Belle is a mother and I think she probably would be quick to think a womanly, motherly way. She probably has even seen "Pocket" with Kayla, maybe vaguely recognized from the photo Philip had, that he had to be Tyler. This could have gone on until he began college as I had to laugh out loud when Philip mentioned that.

Actually, I thought the Child Protection Services agent was too kind to Kayla. After all, Steve was on TV threatening a man's life in front of the whole viewing audience and that wasn't even mentioned. Philip will be livid with them for that. If Kayla gives him a hard time, she will be asking for it. I'll be on Philip's side. Kayla is barely, scarcely getting into my good graces and it wouldn't take much to dump her out again. The very idea. She performed the operation to steal John's kidney. She needs to be out ted and lose her license anyway.

Lexie needs to be reinstated. What she did wasn't anywhere near as dastardly.

Sephora
Unregistered

Rhiannon
Oct 9 2007, 03:29 PM
I'm about part way through today's episode and the only thing I've enjoyed so far is seeing Kale Browne who played Michael on AW making an appearance on the show again. It would be nice if they added him as a regular character and ended up pairing him with Kate or eventually Marlena......

Oh, I love the idea of pairing him with Marlena after a sufficient period of mourning. That would be soooooo cool. I loved him as Michael.
Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Ford Decker sucks. Something about him makes me think of Tobey Maguire.

Loved Max today though!! He is so cute!

What is it with everyone hanging out at the Brady Pub when it is closed? Why is EJ just helping himself to drinks?? :huh:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Angie79
Oct 10 2007, 12:13 AM
Ford Decker sucks. Something about him makes me think of Tobey Maguire.

Loved Max today though!! He is so cute!

What is it with everyone hanging out at the Brady Pub when it is closed? Why is EJ just helping himself to drinks?? :huh:

That is who I was thinking. Tobey Maguire!! Thanks for mentioning that!! :lol: .

I think EJ was just helping himself because it's who he is and he was there to talk to Sami. Or, maybe he feels he is going to be part of the family soon so may as well use the perks of it :lol:

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

This new guy reminds you all of Tobey Maguire?

Tobey from Pleasantville or Tobey from Wonder Boys? :wub:

I missed today and may have to watch the marathon lol

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

He doesn't look a lot like him, but made me think of Tobey. I think it may have been the voice too. I don't find him very attractive though.

Here he is:

Posted Image Posted Image

Sephora
Unregistered

Angie79
Oct 10 2007, 02:29 AM
He doesn't look a lot like him, but made me think of Tobey. I think it may have been the voice too. I don't find him very attractive though.

Here he is:

He would have been a better Jeremy than Trevor was.
Quote Post Goto Top

Days4Life
Unregistered

I think a different haircut would help, but so far I don't find Ford Decker very appealing. The sorority president (Morgan, I think?)--I love her! I'd much prefer her paired with Max than his niece.

I kept wondering why Chelsea didn't call Jett for her bachelor auction. Maybe he's gone, and we're supposed to forget he ever existed? I'd be very happy to develop selective amnesia and wipe Jett from my memory.
Quote Post Goto Top

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

Sephora
Oct 10 2007, 08:20 AM
Angie79
Oct 10 2007, 02:29 AM

Here he is:

He would have been a better Jeremy than Trevor was.

Holy shit. You are so right. What a shame! :o

Dude needs to do something about his hair, though. It looks awful that way. Blech.

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

Sephora
Oct 9 2007, 12:52 PM
King
Oct 9 2007, 01:34 PM
I hope DAYS incorporates hazing into this Rush Storyline. It's been kind of realistic so far, but they have to push it. Greek life was HUGE on my campus, and, yeah, they do service and whatnot, but some of they hazing the sororities do is INSANE.

Hazing is a fine line. I wonder if they'll dare cross it. There are campus' where it's illegal. They could make it illegal at Salem U and have Chelsea conflicted or get hurt during hazing and with Billie head of security....okay, too complex for Days.

ROFL

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I hate to admit it, but i really like this sorority storyline..Yesterdays scenes were hilarious...and shirtless Max was the hottest thing i've seen in a while on the show.. I was also surprised that Phillip and company put the pieces of the puzzle together so quickly...It seemed a little weird though, guess i'm still a little used to JER's drawn out storylines..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply