Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of Oct. 8th.
Topic Started: Oct 8 2007, 12:15 PM (5,499 Views)
Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Oct 10 2007, 12:43 PM
I hate to admit it, but i really like this sorority storyline..Yesterdays scenes were hilarious

I feel the same way. But like today we didn't know Steph and Chelsea would become members. Could have seen that one coming a mile away. Are we going to get to watch Chelsea and Stephanie make over Cordy for her big date w/Ford? Ford has a nice bod.
Stephanie wanting to follow Max and Morgan, can we say STALKER

If I were Philip I would be upset about Pocket/Tyler as well. Steve and Kayla know they haven't been poisoning him, but can't think of any other possibilities.

I want Joe and Stephen to have sceens together at least 3 times a week. They are amazing together. Steve's comment to Stefano: Just yesterday you threatened to destrrrrroy me. lol Love him trying to do the tongue roll.
Steffie has a heart. He knew Benjy would hate to see Steve in jail, but I have to wonder if he is up to something else.

Oh tomorrow looks good. More OMB and Stefano and family scenes at the pub
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

OK... round and round we go with Ejamucas Part 9,372... if this crap isn't over by the time Nov. sweeps ends I don't know if I can keep watching this show.

I did love how Joe played Stefano's sort of delusional sincerity rather than sarcasm of talking about how Sami's grandma will be happy that Sami can now marry EJ in the church and him not wanting to bother the pope with the problem of the annulment when Lucas asked about it as well as his claim about EJ's "sacrifice" of having to marry Sami.

"Get your own girl." Ugh. So it's not about protecting Sami, is it Lucas? It's about keeping EJ from getting what you think is yours? Not that I am under the delusion that EJ is any better in this respect about wanting HIS Samantha. Sami is not a piece of property, DOOL writers. I want to like this marriage of convenience story just because I think it can be a fun way to get Sami interacting with the DiMeras and EJ in ways she wouldn't if not pushed into this, but when they talk about Sami like she is chattel in this triangle, it's just obnoxious.

Someone at DOOL needs to either give us a storyline to explain the hereditary DiMera bipolar disorder or the writers need to settle on exactly who and what EJ and Stefano are because I don't get what they are trying to accomplish with them on Monday showing EJ super sweet and accomodating Sami and now likethat he is again angry and demanding. Is it the suit? And what's up with Stefano on Friday being all badass like he is going to hold this grudge against Steve and Kayla forever regardless of his promise to call off the feud if Sami marries EJ yet today he's a softy and letting Steve off the hook and making everything up to him because it's what Benjy would have wanted? Did I miss something to explain these changes? Please let me know if I did. And if you have any theories on why Stefano needed a motorized wheelchair in the Brady Pub yet walked without a cane when he visited Steve and Kayla, I'd entertain those as well.

OK still hate Ford Decker's name and there's something about that guy that just screams TOOL to me but he does have quite the impeccable chest we learned today, didn't we? It's not like overwhelming bodybuilder like the way that Jett was or plastic Ken doll sort of perfection the way that Jeremy was... just a really nice chest. Hmmmm. Maybe not such an awful casting job as I first thought. And I can't believe it but two days in a row now I ENJOYED the Cheatin Heart sorority set. Bedlam! Surprisingly, I like this whole business with Max and Stephanie making each other jealous and just the whole Chels/Max/Steph dynamic. And Morgan and Cordy continue to do great jobs especially compared to past bit players we've had (Loved Jamie Chung on her RW season so maybe I'm biased). But again I have to ask... where the heck is Nick? Lifting weights so maybe we can again see him more than one episode every two weeks?

LOVED the Steve/Kayla vs. Phillip showdown over Pocket. You tell him about "crazy," Steve. I normally like Phillip but didn't like the way he manhandled Lauren before she died so it was fun seeing Steve start to get physical with him a little bit before the guard showed up. Oh poor Steve and Kayla with tragedy after tragedy. I hope you two get some happiness soon.

King
Member Avatar

I can't watch DAYS today. I don't know why this Drake news is bothering me so much. I haven't liked him in years! I guess I don't like what I think it means for the show and its future. But I feel like I'm going to hurl.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Oct 10 2007, 02:18 PM

Someone at DOOL needs to either give us a storyline to explain the hereditary DiMera bipolar disorder or the writers need to settle on exactly who and what EJ and Stefano are because I don't get what they are trying to accomplish with them on Monday showing EJ super sweet and accomodating Sami and now likethat he is again angry and demanding. Is it the suit? And what's up with Stefano on Friday being all badass like he is going to hold this grudge against Steve and Kayla forever regardless of his promise to call off the feud if Sami marries EJ yet today he's a softy and letting Steve off the hook and making everything up to him because it's what Benjy would have wanted? Did I miss something to explain these changes? Please let me know if I did. And if you have any theories on why Stefano needed a motorized wheelchair in the Brady Pub yet walked without a cane when he visited Steve and Kayla, I'd entertain those as well.

While we don't always see eye to eye I do agree with you on this point. I wish the the writers would quit flip flopping these characters personalities.

Days4Life
Unregistered

IMissAremid
Oct 10 2007, 02:18 PM

These personality switches are driving me crazy! Are the scriptwriters not communicating with each other or with the HW or is this a game they are playing with us? It's maddening and combined with the circular holding pattern we're in with Sami/Lucas/EJ, I'm getting very frustrated.

After a couple days of almost liking Lucas last week, I'm back to barely tolerating him again. It's not just his caveman mentality when it comes to Sami, or his stupid refusal to acknowledge the real danger represented by the Dimeras, but it's that bullheaded, obnoxious expression on his face all the time. I'm so tired of seeing those anger lines between his eyes every day--keep it up, Lucas, and you're going to be needing massive injections of Botox! He was so much better in his scenes with Kate last week that if I were BD, I would be praying for a story far away from Sami. He's definitely better in scenes with other people.

I'm also very confused as to why Stefano is in a motorized wheelchair at the Pub but is able to walk everywhere else...could it be he's trying to make Sami think his health is much worse than it actually is? He's certainly not acting like a man ready to drop dead at any second. And why is Lucas and the Bradys so sure the Dimeras are decimated and down for the count? They really believe that Bart and Andre are the only Dimera goons?

It was nice seeing Philip shoved up against a wall for a change. This is another case of a personality disorder as in the last few episodes we've seen Philip tell Belle he doesn't want to be the crazed, obsessive man willing to chase Claire all over the world and also he thanked Shawn for his help and being such a good friend--then in the next episode he's slamming Lauren around (again) and blaming Shawn for the whole baby Tyler mess. Get some therapy, Philip!

I've been very frustrated this week, in large part because the last couple weeks have been so good and now this week we're going in circles. Yes, there is some movement in the Pocket/Tyler story, and that is good, but the sorority story is not one I'm enjoying--although I think I'm in the minority with that one. But this Sami/Lucas/EJ stuff is so maddening and needs to be resolved quickly. I just cannot take hearing the same conversations AGAIN.
Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I really like Morgan and Cordy..great casting choices...Ford is okay if kept to a minimal role...He's got a great body, and he's done better than Jeremy and Jett on their first days..

wickednana
Unregistered

spoilerish...prevuze gives us a glimpse tomorrow into another stefano twist..he wanted young omb to spill to split off his father and colleen..but now it appears there was never a body found..was young stefano set up by his mothers family as well, and was he always this devious even as a child..i will say the boy chosen to portray him kinda gave me the creeps for some reason..i loved the young boy playing young omb..looks kinda like my grandson..

but again, in this effort to twist us all around,the fact is continuity and "fairness" to viewers is not being exhibited..the reward we should get for watching is to expect to get twists, but for them to play out in the context of the way we know the characters are inside and out..

right now, i really could care less if ej and sami get together, i really find her uninteresting as a person now..so if chloe comes on, maybe they will show a woman who could really be ej's equal..right now sami seems rather like a blonde bimbo..who cannot call her own shots anymore.
Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Quote:

I totally agree. It seems like sometimes no one is communicating with the scriptwriters before hand. But like the cane and the wheelchair thing. You would the actors would catch stuff like that.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

The continuity on this show has always been a joke.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

So true Kitty, but that is one thing Days has in common with all the shows now.

When the shows cut out the position on the writing staff of Continuity Director or whatever they called it - I don't remember now. But they used to have someone just in charge of stuff like that. But I read a few years back that they cut that out on all the shows for budget reasons.

As big as the writing staffs are now compared to years ago you would think someone would watch the scripts and do research.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

King
Oct 10 2007, 03:13 PM
I can't watch DAYS today. I don't know why this Drake news is bothering me so much. I haven't liked him in years! I guess I don't like what I think it means for the show and its future. But I feel like I'm going to hurl.

:hugs:

King, I think I feel pretty much the same way. I don't consider myself a John fan so I don't know why this is affecting me so much but I just worry so much about the show right now with this news and I have a feeling I'm going to be crying like a baby watching DOOL the next week and a half. Now because I've been bracing for it for a while, the confirmation today didn't stop me from watching DOOL or anything, but I am getting so freaking sentimental I did spent a while today doing some YouTube reminiscing. And as much as John Black drove me crazy with the Alex North storyline and I kind of forgot about him this last year, I really really did love him once upon a time and I know if the character had half a chance and had been given more to do than just suck Marlena's face I probably would again. *sigh*

daysfan
Member Avatar

While the Tyler stuff was interesting today and even the Cheatin' Heart stuff(LOVE Morgan, Ford is ok but I don't want to see him for the long tem, but always a treat seeing Adrienne) I am just going to say today sucked.

I am so sick of EJami/Lumi going round and round. EJ and Sami have been tiptoeing around for over a year, I wasn't ever necessarily an EJami fan with the rape and all and didn't want the relationship jumped into but I don't care WHO she decides to get together with this triangle has been so dragged out it is to that point. I thought Hogan wrote fast stories, these seem to be just as slow as JER's.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

EJ/Lucas/Sami sucked except for the end. Same old, same old.

Love the Cheatin Heart stuff. Morgan is becoming a fave of mine. Love her and she has good chemistry with Max. I love seeing Adrienne so much too.

The Pocket stuff was great. Nice seeing JKJ interact with others outside of Shelle. MBE and SN were great.

About Stefano...he is still a sick man so perhaps he felt he needed the wheelchair and later didn't? It's realistic that they would show that and then later show him not having it. Maybe it was some sort of symbolism that he may not be as close to death as some think. I couldn't help but think there was a message there.

I also didn't see no change in character personalities. Stefano was definitely up to something with Steve and Kayla. Maybe he felt letting him go would be a sign to Sami that he was keeping his bargain so she would marry EJ. Or maybe he has more in mind. In regards to Lucas, he yelled a bit more then usual but I think the scene called for that. His frustration is boiling over.

Not a bad show. The next two days look awesome.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

OK I was with y'all hoping that the Stefano not having a wheelchair when with Steve and Kayla was a hint to us that he was just using the wheelchair to put something over on EJ and Sami, yet in tomorrow's episode he is alone at Andre's bedside sitting in the wheelchair so now I think maybe just the motorized wheelchair wouldn't fit through that particular door of that police station set or something.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Your probably right, IMA.

I noticed he had it at the Pub but not the police station so perhaps he would have trouble moving it around in there. He has never had the chair in the police station so it has to be something like that.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I got to watch the entire episode today. :D

Yay for cancelled classes!!!

Add me to the Morgan Hollingsworth bandwagon. I love her! I really hope Hogan keeps this one. The actress is pretty decent and I see many chances for improvement. I think she has the chops, and thus far, has impressed me. With a little more time, I think she will be fantastic. Plus, she has chemistry with Darin Brooks. This could possibly make up for the idiotic move in sending Abby out of town. Max and Morgan would be awesome. M&M! I love it.

I am so over Max and Stephanie. It pisses me off that we have to go through this shit again! :angry: I'm sorry that I bring it up every time, but I'm pissed. Hogan did all of that talking about no incest, and where are we now? We're in the same position we were in one year ago except Max only has one niece pining for him, rather than 2. This flirting or whatever they want to call it needs to end ASAP! Maybe I could start liking Stephanie more because without Jeremy, she hasn't been that annoying lately.

I love that Jamie from Real World: San Diego is on as Cordy. I loved Jamie during that season. However, I'm not so sure that I'm willing to watch Cordy go from some ugly duckling and blossom into a swan. We've been down that road on this show. Does the name Chloe Lane ring a bell? I don't know. The scenes with Cordy and Ford just reminded me of something that we'd see if Langan was still writing.

I'm over the Lucas/Sami/EJ triangle, so I didn't really pay much attention to those scenes.

Steve and Kayla vs. Philip was great, and I hope it's only the beginning. I wish they would bring Victor out of hiding and utilize him in this storyline. Steve and Kayla vs. Philip and Victor would be awesome!

Steve and Kayla don't have a chance in a custody battle against Philip. First of all, Philip is the child's biological father, whether he signed away or not. Second of all, Tyler has become sick not once, but twice in Steve and Kayla's care. No judge would allow them to keep the little boy.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Well, I for one did not see Philip manhandle Lauren one teeny, tiny bit. He was totally concerned for her and wanted her to be OK. Crazy Steve on the other hand doesn't think further than the nose on his face. Gorilla tactics, no thinking at all. I loved how Kayla was compassionate to Philip and related to him being a father of a missing son. Of course, I have a horrible feeling that Philip is going to do something stupid again, like trying to find Tyler and kidnap him. I hope not. Maybe Belle can talk sense into him and that is how they become intimate...just bonding over the best interests of Tyler. Anyway, Steve F-, Kayla A+, Philip C.

99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer. If one of those bottles should happen to fall, 98 bottles of beer on the wall...........so much for Sami etal. UGH.
EJ D, Sami C+, Lucas B+.

I had an idea today of something sinister in Ford Decker. I think it was when Cordy was made to be so innocent and cute, that I started getting worried. There could be something happens to Cordy and Ford will be the perpetrator. Max A+, Morgan A, Chelsea A, Stephanie B+, Cordy, B+

Side note: Oh to be 20 again....what fun.

Deleted User
Deleted User

What's worse about the Cordy thing is that she dresses fashionably and looks hot (right?) but just has GLASSES. It smacks too much of Janie in "Not Another Teen Movie." "The glasses and that pony tail" make her look like a DOG, they'd say. laugh.gif It's ridiculous.

What's also ridiculous? That FORD went for $300 and Max (though hot -- finally! and tan and no longer cottage cheese -- FINALLY!) went for $500.

Um, Ford DESERVED to go for more money. I think it's disgusting that Darrin most likely has a clause in his contract that no man can upstage him in subplots or something -- because there is just NO way Max would have been the highest bid, and I think we all know that.

Gotta add: Max was hot, yes, but Ford was a HOT piece of FUCK-me-right now" ASS.

he should have gone for a cool thou'.

Screw you, Hogan! And Darrin -- if you do have such a clause in your contract!
Quote Post Goto Top

DramaKing
Member Avatar

id pay more for max than ford.

mostly because in bed ford seems like the college frat boy who thinsk he is good but isnt.

and max... well... i wont go there....

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Oct 10 2007, 08:18 PM
OK I was with y'all hoping that the Stefano not having a wheelchair when with Steve and Kayla was a hint to us that he was just using the wheelchair to put something over on EJ and Sami, yet in tomorrow's episode he is alone at Andre's bedside sitting in the wheelchair so now I think maybe just the motorized wheelchair wouldn't fit through that particular door of that police station set or something.

Mary, It's awful that with the great changes made to other areas, we still have to assume alot when we watch Days these days. We have to assume the wheelchair wouldn't fit. We have to assume certain people just don't know about things. We have to assume that certain people have been told. We have to assume how people reacted to big events. We have to assume that .........

We have to assume too much. And that is still a big problem that Scott needs to turn his attention too. Even if he doesn't usually mess with writing as part of his M.O. - he needs to this time.

And on the Ford and Max debate. I wouldn't give Ford the time of day, but I would pay a cool thou for Max.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply