Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ATWT General Discussion Thread; 10/8 - 10/12
Topic Started: Oct 8 2007, 12:28 PM (696 Views)
oakdalelover

Significant new developments in the Nuke and CarJackatie stories this week!

Discuss!!! :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

oakdalelover

Grrrrrrrr......
First Jean trashes CarJack and makes Jack a bastard to the love of his life and crowns Katie Princess of Oakdale. CarJack power is seeming to triumph over that and so she turned her guns on Lilden by....yep you guessed it .....making Holden a bastard!!!!

The location shoot was a letdown. By the time Mayer set his sights on Luke he had an audience!! You think somebody would have grabbed him and turned the gun on him!

Best part of the day was J.J tying in to Step Mommie dearest and putting her in her place!!!!

Instead of these special guest stars I wish they would turn their attention to the vets!
I am getting off the :soapbox: now!

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I have not been this disappointed in ATWT in a long time. What was turning into some promising stories and could have been good stories are really turning out poorly.

I think JP and Chris honestly think that they so so write the Nuke story since it has a built in fan base because of it being a gay love story. Well I for one am insulted by it. What should have been dramatic today was so poorly done and a big let down.

I think they feel the same way with the CarJack fans. Knowing what she has planned and what is in the previews just steals any feeling I have for the story.

And I agree about Holden. Can't believe she went there.

I agree about JJ. Really the only part of today's show I enjoyed. And that is sad since it had such potential today to be so much better done.

titan1978
Member Avatar

Holden was way harsh, but since when has Holden been written well in the last 10 years or so. Not very often. I miss Rose more and more. Lily just does not belong in these kinds of stories, and they could have made the whole thing better.

Luke being held at gunpoint, Mayer threatening him, Noah trying to save him, etc. Instead Luke falls out of camera range and gets shot at (I still don't know if he was hit), and then Bob wheels him off to surgery. If I didn't love the characters, I would have been laughing at the screen. It was that bad.

I feel sad for Noah though, no mom, dad's crazy, and now the first boy he let himself love has been attacked becasue he loves him. There could be some great stuff there if this was written by the GH writing team from 1994. Labine's team could have made this one magical, even with the stupid shooting.

Love that Carly though, even dying she wants her G-Man.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Oh I thought it was laughable too.

The sad thing is that probably not on this board but you will see it on other boards. This will be heralded as one of the best shows ever on ATWT because of Luke/Noah. Sad.

Winterguy125

SteveFrame
Oct 8 2007, 04:24 PM

The sad thing is that probably not on this board but you will see it on other boards. This will be heralded as one of the best shows ever on ATWT because of Luke/Noah. Sad.

Wow! how offensive is that comment <_<

I thought is was a pretty good show, hardly the best show ever because of Luke and Noah, though it was nice to see Noah finally get some more meaty scenes than what he had been getting before, were the scenes cheesy hell yes, but they were still good enough that I felt the pain of Noah, when he pretty much said he had nobody left, that was a standout scene in the show. The stuff in the woods was laughable at times because it was not done really well, the actors did ok with it, but the writing did suck during that. As for Carly and Jack those scenes were good also, I am still viewing it as what I am seeing today instead of going by what the spoilers indicate at a later point. More than ever I think Katie is useless. I thought the idea of having the guest star on today's show was stupid, it did not fit at all.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Winterguy125
Oct 8 2007, 04:55 PM
SteveFrame

Wow! how offense is that comment <_<

Clint,

Why is it so offensive?

I have always lived by the motto of calling a show bad when it was bad. And today's was bad, but I knew before I went to any boards what it was going to be.

I find it funny that it is now offensive when it applies to Luke/Noah, but a few months ago some of these same fans (not you in particular that I remember anyway) were saying the same things to the Willen fans.

ATWT would have some terrible terrible shows esp. during the last Gwen story but the Willen fans would say it was so good just because Willen was on or because Gwen was on.

Well now many of the Nuke fans are doing the same damn thing, but get offended when the subject is brought up.

Today was a bad show and I will call it that. Friday was so good with wonderful build up and then today was terrible and I am not afraid to call it that because it was. The direction was bad. The execution of the whole thing was bad. Just like the other poster pointed out you never even knew if Luke was shot or not. It was poorly done from every stand point and not just the writing.

Yes the acting was good, but with ATWT the actors are always good.

Sorry if it is offensive to you as a Nuke fan, but it is the truth. And notice that I did not say all Nuke fans would do it but some. And I have already seen it.

For some Luke and Noah could be on reading the phone book and it would be a great show.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

SteveFrame
Oct 8 2007, 05:02 PM
For some Luke and Noah could be on reading the phone book and it would be a great show.

I notice that too, Steve, which is why I typically avoid most ATWT discussions.

I mean, it's ok to bash Carly, Jack, Katie, Lily, Holden, Dusty, Alison, Emily, Paul, Meg, Craig, Rosanna, Gwen, Will, and Maddie. However, God forbid you direct the same negativity towards Luke and Noah, no matter how horribly written and executed their scenes might be. I'm not speaking about all Luke and Noah fans, but there are a few who will chew you alive if you in some way berate their scenes. I don't think that's fair at all.

Also, I hate it when some posters say stuff like, "Luke and Noah will be on this week, so I know for sure ATWT is going to be GREAT." Um, seriously, what the fuck gives? Just because a certain couple is on, that does not improve the overall quality of the show. I hate it how soap audiences particularly have grown accustom to looking at shows for couples, instead of compelling stories and single characters. This show will not survive on one couple alone. It's everyone's prerogative to like whatever storyline they like, but please, they shouldn't generalize. Just because Luke and Noah are on, that doesn't make the show any less good or bad. Again, I'm not saying this is true for all Nuke fans, so please, don't think I'm generalizing.

Soapsuds
Unregistered

Well, I am a Nuke fan and didnt think the show was that great. I couldnt tell if Luke had been shot or if he fell over. I thought Noah's father was shooting at Holden at one point. But I cant be really sure. It was a letdown. The Carly/Jack scenes at the end was good. Plus the JJ stuff with Katie. The show could have easily been a 10 but in my book was around a 7.
Quote Post Goto Top

P.J.

I thought today's show was a big letdown. What had been somewhat decent buildup on Friday was ruined with bad dialogue, bad execution and just general sloppy production values. (At least in Nuke's case....ugh, except for the ending scenes with Carly, Jack just got completely hosed today by the same ineptness.)

The better scenes were Carly and JJ's talk, and then JJ telling Katie off. The inclusion of Phil Simms was totally wasted. They've got a perfect avenue for "guests" with "Oakdale Now", and they refuse to use it.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

SteveFrame
Winterguy125
SteveFrame

Clint,

Why is it so offensive?

I have always lived by the motto of calling a show bad when it was bad. And today's was bad, but I knew before I went to any boards what it was going to be.

I find it funny that it is now offensive when it applies to Luke/Noah, but a few months ago some of these same fans (not you in particular that I remember anyway) were saying the same things to the Willen fans.

ATWT would have some terrible terrible shows esp. during the last Gwen story but the Willen fans would say it was so good just because Willen was on or because Gwen was on.

Well now many of the Nuke fans are doing the same damn thing, but get offended when the subject is brought up.

Today was a bad show and I will call it that. Friday was so good with wonderful build up and then today was terrible and I am not afraid to call it that because it was. The direction was bad. The execution of the whole thing was bad. Just like the other poster pointed out you never even knew if Luke was shot or not. It was poorly done from every stand point and not just the writing.

Sorry if it is offensive to you as a Nuke fan, but it is the truth. And notice that I did not say all Nuke fans would do it but some. And I have already seen it.

As a hard core Gwen fan, I can assure you that what you're saying is true. lol.

And if the show was so bad, I don't think I'll watch. I was going to decide what to watch since I won't have time to watch ATWT, Y&R, and OLTL....I'll just cut out ATWT for today.

oakdalelover

Today's show was directed by Michael Eilbaum. Peter Brash was listed with the BDW's today so I can safely assume that he outlined the script. The script was written by Richard Culliton.
These three gentlemen I consider three of the best at what they do.

AND today was not good!!!

As I have said before,J.J.'s telling off the stepmother was the best part of today's show.

We As the World Turns fans have been able to discuss our show thoughtfully and intelligently in the past. With the exception of that individual at SON who got banned we all get along. Not like other shows where moderators have had to step in and warn and lock a thread like has happened at SON.

Everybody should be able to express their views everyday if they want to do so and not have to stop posting all together. That happened with me at SON.Didn't think it would happen to anybody over here!

ATWT has one of the best casts around.It is a shame they don't use them to their best potential.The history of this show is amazing but it isn't explored to its' potential,the vets are the best and it is a shame they are not used.
I have stuck through for almost 40 years because I know the show may go in to slumps but it always turns around again.
I am a CarJack fan and a Lilden fan and if they were gone tomorrow I would still watch because one couple doesn't make or break this show for me.It would be a sad thing if I only tuned in for CarJack and Lilden!

I am an ATWT fan!

Soapsuds
Unregistered

psychofan
Oct 8 2007, 06:24 PM
SteveFrame
Winterguy125
SteveFrame

Clint,

Why is it so offensive?

As a hard core Gwen fan, I can assure you that what you're saying is true. lol.

And if the show was so bad, I don't think I'll watch. I was going to decide what to watch since I won't have time to watch ATWT, Y&R, and OLTL....I'll just cut out ATWT for today.

Boo! for you not watching. :soapbox: :P :lol: Steve is just cranky today for some reason. :lol:
Quote Post Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar

^ LOL. We'll see....maybe I'll tune into the last 15 minutes or so.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I'm not cranky Ron. I am not the only one who said it was bad. The show was a big letdown today.

Soapsuds
Unregistered

oakdalelover
Oct 8 2007, 06:50 PM
Today's show was directed by Michael Eilbaum. Peter Brash was listed with the BDW's today so I can safely assume that he outlined the script. The script was written by Richard Culliton.
These three gentlemen I consider three of the best at what they do.

AND today was not good!!!

As I have said before,J.J.'s telling off the stepmother was the best part of today's show.

We As the World Turns fans have been able to discuss our show thoughtfully and intelligently in the past. With the exception of that individual at SON who got banned we all get along. Not like other shows where moderators have had to step in and warn and lock a thread like has happened at SON.

Everybody should be able to express their views everyday if they want to do so and not have to stop posting all together. That happened with me at SON.Didn't think it would happen to anybody over here!

ATWT has one of the best casts around.It is a shame they don't use them to their best potential.The history of this show is amazing but it isn't explored to its' potential,the vets are the best and it is a shame they are not used.
I have stuck through for almost 40 years because I know the show may go in to slumps but it always turns around again.
I am a CarJack fan and a Lilden fan and if they were gone tomorrow I would still watch because one couple doesn't make or break this show for me.It would be a sad thing if I only tuned in for CarJack and Lilden!

I am an ATWT fan!

I never liked Michael Eilbaum's directing. I dont think he is that good. I agree about Brash and Culltion. Brash is new to ATWT but I have enjoyed most of his scripts. There was so much missing from today's show. It was too choppy. I think it would have been better not to have had a location shoot. They have had 3 recently and none of them have been that spectacular. Oh and there is a post at SON saying ATWT is only on contract tlll Sept 2008. So that might be the end for the show.
Quote Post Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar

Today's show wasn't so bad, IMO. Posts here had me thinking that I would have to just shut it off in the middle of the episode, but I got through pretty much all of it. I love the Lily/Holden drama....even though Holden is a huge ass hole. The Carjack stuff was nice. I wish we could've seen more emotion from Noah at the hospital.

Mason
Member Avatar

Today's show was definitely a letdown (but then again, with JP guiding the story, it's all but guaranteed to be, IMO). I loved, loved, lovvvved J.J. telling off Katie (and I don't even like J.J.!).

Winterguy125

SteveFrame
Winterguy125
SteveFrame

Clint,

Why is it so offensive?

Sorry about getting so defensive there, I guess I just took your comment the wrong way. I in no way have a problem with you or anyone telling it like is, as I do the same thing.

I think the main reason why alot of Luke and Noah fans seem to like every show(though there have been some they have not liked at all) is because they are not on very much and they enjoy when they get the chance to see them, plus alot of people are just plain scared that PGP could end the storyline at any minute, so alot of them just take what they can get.

From what I can tell today's show has been highly criticized by alot of Luke and Noah fans, sure some liked it, but I don't think alot of them thought it was great today, as like everyone has been saying it was a huge letdown, hell they could not even afford to show us Luke falling, it is pretty bad when they can't even afford a body double for a stunt.

Again sorry I got so defensive.

WTGH
Member Avatar
Bitch!

:lol: at Holden's bitchiness towards Lily in the woods. Those scenes were pretty lame. I wish we'd SEEN Luke roll off a cliff or something that would merit surgery, especially since he didn't get shot.

Hmmm... being sports ignorant I thought the football legend at WOAK was Colonel Mayer's brother. :unsure:

Margo grated. Bitch, shut it. I can't believe she had the nerve to scold Dusty on looking for clues on Cheri's murder when she's so incompetent she can't find her own ass with a map.

JJ, zip it. I wish we'd seen Sage instead.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply