Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Out Of The Ashes Discussion; Discuss The Explosion & More
Topic Started: Oct 8 2007, 11:26 PM (1,098 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Discuss!!!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I thought Monday's show was okay. It was not as good as some of the most recent shows, but I loved some of the interactions. I am glad that finally we are getting to see a lot of Neil again. Since I have been back to watching he hasn't been on much. But lately that has been remdied. Loved him and Nikki together today.

I am really loving Nikki and Victor fighting. I really like Nikki with David.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I just can't bring myself to watch this show anymore. Everything is so disjointed and STRANGE. It's starting to not even "look" like Y&R anymore.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

The thing that brought me back Kenny is that it's the only soap that gives me my daily and weekly does of characters of all ages. And it is about characters I know and love on a regular basis. I needed that in a soap right now and I can't get it anywhere else.

They consistently feature from the 80 year old Katherine all the way down to the children like Noah.

And I like that. It has it's other faults but that is not one of them.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Great show today. This show just clicks when Jeanne Cooper, Jess Walton and Peter Bergman are on. I just love watching them. The way they are dealing with Ji Min's death and the secrets is fun to watch. I hate we had another murder but the shit that this has stirred for Kay and Jack is just wonderful. And Victor using it too is good.

I wonder what the dog questions were all about. I am glad that there are some things that even we as viewers are not aware of. At least I am not. Interesting.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Wow what a great cliffhanger. It wasn't too over the top. I am sure we will probably get more on Monday but I thought today's show was very good. Very well balanced between the newbies and the vets. I love that they made Katherine (an almost 80 year old woman) part of this big story. It is so good to see that a show can show that not all women lose their power and sexuality after the age of 50.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

That ending with Sharon was a surprise, my Mom even made a comment about it......

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

Lynn Marie Latham is officially the dumbest person alive! Here you have the typical soap stunt, but with a larger budget than most, and the idiot still screwed it up! WTF?!

Explain to me why the fuck you'd rent out a new studio, build huge new sets, etc. only to blow it up BEFORE the big gala event? Who cares about a couple contruction workers getting blown up?! I care as much as I care about Clear Springs (not much).

Here is our cast of characters in danger: Jack, Sharon, Nick, Victoria, Adrian, JT, Nikki, David, Paul, Maggie, Lauren, Katherine, Cane, Amber and Queen!Noah.

Is it just me or is that the most bizarrely random and dull group they could've come up with? They should've gotten everyone dressed to the nines at the huge opening party, THEN blown it up! It should've been a major turning point in the storylines that have been featured in recent months. They should've played up the sabotage (if that's the cause) and the connection to Nick's plane crash. Instead Clear Springs is the central focus, not the characters or storylines that have been playing out for the past few months.

One interesting trapped pairing that was missed is Jack and Gloria. Maybe he could find out the truth about the skin cream (never gonna happen), go to confront GloBag and then everything explodes, trapping them together.

I also have to wonder if anyone will die, as the promos suggest, or will this be a cop out? Of the characters in peril, I can't see LML killing any off. Just as I suspected, a cheap stunt which will no doubt boost ratings and secure a second Emmy win for LML and her team of hacks.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I watched Friday's episode and was absolutely bored to tears.

The collapse or whatever at the end was completely random and out of place. Is it just me, or was there nothing that actually happened!? LoL I mean, all at once, we see a piece of scaffolding fall over (that's really all -- just scaffolding!) and then from there, a couple quick shots of debris and Sharon opening her eyes. No collapse or explosion at all! Just a little piece of scaffolding tumbling over and we're expected to believe it caused all THAT damage? LoL

We didn't get to SEE any of it! There was no action sequence... nothing! A total letdown.

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

I haven't watched Y&R regularly in years but watched online on Friday. I enjoyed the episode. After all this time, I still recognized most of the characters. That rarely happens on soaps these day. I watch ATWT regularly and there are days full of Sofie and Cole who everyone hates and have no business on the show. To see Kay Chancellor, Lauren, Paul, Nikki, Victor, etc was nice. It was like visiting old friends. I can't speak to the long-term stories, but I applaud Y&R for keeping these folks around. Part of the appeal of daytime soaps is seeing familiar faces. Most shows have forgotten that.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I agree Roger. For awhile there Y&R even got too much about Amber and away from the right characters for me. Latham has fixed that and made the show back about people it is supposed to be about.

I liked Friday's show as well - as I said above. I was a little disappointed with the explosion technically since the promo for it made it look bigger. I am wondering if maybe we will see it again at the start of Monday's show and it will be as big as it is in the promo.

I felt like the buildup of the few days before of the sabotage was done okay. It wasn't pushed big time but enough for me to know that something was about to happen.

The whole story so far is reminding me of the 80's Another World story when Denny Hobson (James Horan) sabotaged the building of his new father-in-law Steve Frame (David Canary) with inferior products. Steve and Rachel got trapped in the rubble. It set off story for months. I am hoping this does the same thing.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I thought today was fairly good. I love that the story is actually turning out to be more about characters than the special effects and the disaster. I loved the bonding between Jack and Nick today. It has been a long time since the two of them have worked together. Nice ending with Noah.

I am still puzzled how he got there though. I must have missed something on Friday because I don't remember him going there.

Dee
Member Avatar

[SIZE=7]I think the storyline would have been better if the connection was to the plane crash that almost killed Nick or that someone wants to drive NE & CI in the ground. Now that is story that I can sink my teeth in. Over the years, Katherine & VIctor must have stepped on some toes, let see someone that wants them to pay.

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

I just started watching again Friday for this story.
I liked the intro for "Out of the Ashes". At first when they were showing clips of everyone I was confused but realized what was going on rather quickly. I also like that they are not showing previews anymore.

I admit that at first I did not understand why Sharon, Nick, and Jack were the focus of the show. I asked myself, what about the others in there? But, when they ended the show on Noah's face, I thought it was very interesting. I think it is going to show the links from day to day of those beign rescued. Today it was Sharon and Nick, with the episode ending on their son Noah.

I kind of like Jack and Sharon together now. But I still get ill feelings when Nick talks about Jack being his stepfather for a while.

Phyllis and Jana. Oh my goodness, is this how these two have been the whole time they have been in there? I like Jana and think she is hilarious, but why is she the voice of reason for Phyllis?

Still hate Brad, Neil was right it was a little inconciderate of him to ask Nick about Sharon, but I won't gripe to much about that.

I am really interested in where this is going. Do we know if Victoria is in there? I don't remember anyone mentioning her at all. Maybe that is for another day.

I can say that so far this has brought me back to Y&R, I hope it is enough to keep my attention.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I don't think Nikki realizes yet that Victoria is in there. At least I don't remember her getting out - so I am assuming she is still in there too.

I am interested in seeing Kay too. She was in the basement with JT and Cane.

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

I was reading at another site someone said that Vikki was last seen talking about going back to GC so they may believe she is already on her way back. Nick talked to her and I thought it was in the garage. I think she is still in there. I might be wrong, Friday feels like such a long time ago.

I forgot about JT, Cane, and Kay.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I'm watching today's episode right now on SoapNet.

That custom-made opening reminded me of the montage on GH when the Metro Court exploded, LoL.

So far, the beginning is very weak. On Friday, if you blinked, you missed the collapse. Then today, news has already spread all across town -- even in jail! LoL I prefer to see people get 'the news,' rather than having it happen off-screen. Makes me feel like we've skipped a beat.

I get the feeling that everyone trying to escape this building is going to be similar to everyone trying to escape the capsized cruise ship on SuBe during their "Shockwave" storyline. Minus all the water, of course. :P

Kenny
Member Avatar

LoL, this show's not very good at subtlety anymore.

Sharon: "I'm just glad that Paul took him (Noah) fishing."

Obviously, they're not fishing, LoL. I'm sure that by the end of this episode, we'll see Noah lying dead someplace.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Yup. Noah's dead.

That ending was great! Very dramatic.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I've been watching today's episode on Soapnet, and so far I feel like Kenny does. The explosion was lame on Friday, and the dialogue isn't impressing me much either....

It's pissing me off that Victoria wasn't mentioned as much as Nick, I mean Victoria is pregnant and everyone seems to be worried about Nick & Sharon. Brad the cad called Sharon's cell, but made no mention of Victoria who could be pregnant with his kid. I mean Brad wouldn't know one way or the other where Vicki was for sure, and you'd think one of the first things he'd think about was the baby. The asshat calls Nicki and doesn't even mention Victoria, this is absurd. Why didn't Neil mention anything about Vicki when he was telling Brad how insensitive he was when he was asking Nicki about Sharon?

I don't like that only particular people will be featured each day, because it seems like people that are featured earlier are more important; of course this is LML's whacked out version of Y&R that's beyond rational and a lot of the time lacks sense.....

There was your Noah ending Kenny! :P

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply