Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Out Of The Ashes Discussion; Discuss The Explosion & More
Topic Started: Oct 8 2007, 11:26 PM (1,275 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

So far, the last two minutes of today's episode are the only thing I've liked about this stunt. Everything else has been a giant bore, and the dialogue has been VERY weak.

I agree with basically everything you said, Rhiannon.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

oakdalelover

On today's show Kevin mentioned he was working on a website:clearspringsupdate.com.
It is a real website that CBS has put together for this storyline.

Click here for the website.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

First time I checked in today, and it bored me to tears. I was hoping to see Katherine and the rest, but it seemed they focused on Nick, Sharon, and Co. The scenes that had Lauren in them did interest me though.

The whole thing just seemed weird. One advice to LML; leave the gimmicks to GH. Unlike GH's metro court; the production quality for this event is subpar if I say so myself.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Some other stuff:

Noah has always annoyed the heck out of me. Today's show was no different.

I'm not feeling the dialogue in these scenes either. Some of them lack subtlety, other times it's just laughable.

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

There's nothing to discuss. Talk about money being wasted.

NikkiSmith

I love Peter Bergman. One of the best current actors on daytime... but he does tend to shake a little, something I've noticed for years. It's never been a liability until he had that huge piece of concrete on his leg that Super Hero Nick Newman (yes I am channelling Noah, spank me please) had to pull off. Nick's nearly throw-up removal of the slab was hilarious.

DramaKing
Member Avatar

this stoyline is amazing... to bad only the idea of the storyline is great. because the actuall playout on my screen sux major.

but one things for sure... Tracy Bregman is amazing

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Cat posted this on SON, it describes this "event" perfectly..... :lol:

Posted Image

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I am not enjoying the technical aspects of it at all. Which is good because Y&R has failed there. The dialogue has many faults but now I didn't see Brad as one of them. They hit Brad head on. He has had such a thing for Sharon so long. I'm just glad they let Neil call him on it.

The thing that is saving it for me is the people it is about so far. I am really looking forward to Wednesday's show about Kay.

I am surprised they went this way to make it about rescuing one set each day. That is weird but I guess they wanted to try something new in the same vein that GH did. This way isn't really working even though it is allowing that group to shine for a day.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I just can't help but feel that next week, we'll have everyone running around Newman Enterprises or the coffee shop, unaffected by anything that went down this week.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

*sigh* This is why I hardly ever discuss Y&R here. If it's something about Days, people are all over how the show is so great and everything. If Days was doing a story like this, people would be praising it.

I'm actually loving Out of the Ashes. I think it's a wonderful idea and the way it's playing out is great. Sure, it's lacking technically....but since when do effects make a soap worth watching? People beg for more focus on story and that's what LML is doing.

But whatever. That's all I'm saying.

lulu
Member Avatar

psychofan
Oct 24 2007, 08:05 PM
*sigh* This is why I hardly ever discuss Y&R here.  If it's something about Days, people are all over how the show is so great and everything.  If Days was doing a story like this, people would be praising it.

I'm actually loving Out of the Ashes.  I think it's a wonderful idea and the way it's playing out is great.  Sure, it's lacking technically....but since when do effects make a soap worth watching?  People beg for more focus on story and that's what LML is doing.

But whatever.  That's all I'm saying.

And very well said it was! Y&R has been AWESOME this week!!!

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Today was my favorite day so far. I loved everything about today. For the first time since she came on the show I loved Amber. And I saw what some have been saying about Frantz and her acting. I never saw why she got an Emmy nom before but today I could see it. She was so good today esp. in her scenes with Jeanne Cooper. Today was superb.

Also it didn't hurt that they showed so many nice scenes of JT climbing out of that elevator and up that shaft from behind. The guy has one of the best behinds in daytime.

I love how they make the friendship relationship between Amber, Kevin and Daniel so real too. The stuff the three say is natural - just like Kevin today talking about Amber walking in on him naked. That is natural stuff that happens sometime with roommates. It wasn't a big dramatic point and didn't matter one bit to the story but it was just a nice little comment that made them seem more real.

There have been things about the last 2 days I didn't like but I loved today.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

One other thing I forgot. Yesterday I was looking around on the net and this is a real mixed bag for Y&R. As usual there are many criticizing it. But there are also many who are praising it. And many lapsed viewers who say it is bringing them back. I will be anxious to see the ratings.

Cat
Member Avatar

Well, I think y'all know where I stand. :P

Posted Image

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Sadly I burst out laughing at that final scene with Vicki, even though it wasn't supposed to be funny at all..... :embarassed:

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

For the ones who hate Amelia I am sure they did. I have accepted her so I didn't. I felt today was great. Not as great as yesterday. Wednesday's was wonderful, but I enjoyed today more than Monday or Tuesday.

As far as Amelia. Her Victoria is not Heather's, but I don't see Heather ever coming back. Amelia is a good actress. I saw it in her on Loving years ago. I just wish she and the writers would give Victoria some of her spunk back.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

After reading Rhi's latest spoilers she posted I feel better about the stunt since it is going to affect story for quite some time now. And it looks like good family stories too for at least 2 families.

jcar03
Member Avatar

Today was the first day in ages I have tuned in and I defintely won't be going out of my way to watch it any time soon.

Victoria getting hit in the head and tumbling about 5 times was hilarious though I don't think it was supposed to be.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

jcar03
Oct 25 2007, 06:26 PM
Today was the first day in ages I have tuned in and I defintely won't be going out of my way to watch it any time soon.

Victoria getting hit in the head and tumbling about 5 times was hilarious though I don't think it was supposed to be.

lol....omg, she just kept on rolling, and rolling...I didnt think it would stop.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply