Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Lynda Hirsch's National Ledger Article on Soaps
Topic Started: Oct 9 2007, 07:54 AM (421 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Linked

"Young and Restless" is set to have a life-changing storyline starting on Oct. 21. A building collapse at Clear Springs traps friends and foes, changing them forever. Enemies are forced to form alliances, and bystanders become unlikely heroes. Even as the injured are pulled from the wreckage, lives remain in danger and the likelihood of survival decreases. Loved ones can only wait for word, as each hour means less hope.

Patrick Duffy, best known for his role as Bobby Ewing on the long-running CBS primetime series "Dallas," rejoins the cast of "Bold and Beautiful" in the role of Stephen Logan. "Patrick was exquisite in his portrayal of Stephen Logan in 2006," says Executive Producer and Head Writer Bradley Bell. "I look forward to him reprising the role -- a dynamic character that will reach new heights as he stands up for his daughters and battles their archrival, Stephanie Forrester."

Duffy returns to the role that he played from April to June, 2006, on Nov. 5, 2007. The character of Stephen Logan is father to Brooke Logan (Katherine Kelly Lang), Donna Logan (Jennifer Gareis) and Katie Logan (Heather Tom).

"One Life to Live" is going to be a losing a few lives in the coming weeks. A spokesperson for the soap has confirmed that actress Christina Chambers has been let go.

The actress joined the show just about a year ago in the role of Marty Saybrooke. Chambers was a last-minute addition to the cast in November 2006, when the show was unable to re-sign the original Marty. Susan Haskell, who originally played Marty, was all set to stay with the show but learned she was pregnant. Hassle's real-life hubby is Thorston Kaye (Zack on "All My Children"). Thorston and Haskell met while they were playing star-crossed lovers Patrick and Marty on the show.

The other about-to-be gone OLTL resident is Marcie Walsh, played by Kathie Brier. Brier will exit "One Life to Live" when her contract expires this fall. The character is literally going to ride into the sunset, and she will have company.

Brier, who starred on stage in "Hairspray," would love to get back on stage. Many times actors have double duty, doing stage and a show at the same time. It is a tough schedule, however, and the soap has to agree to shoot around the star when they are rehearsing for their play and doing those Wednesday matinees.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jonatha

SteveFrame
Oct 9 2007, 07:54 AM
Linked

"Young and Restless" is set to have a life-changing storyline starting on Oct. 21. A building collapse at Clear Springs traps friends and foes, changing them forever. Enemies are forced to form alliances, and bystanders become unlikely heroes. Even as the injured are pulled from the wreckage, lives remain in danger and the likelihood of survival decreases. Loved ones can only wait for word, as each hour means less hope.

Patrick Duffy, best known for his role as Bobby Ewing on the long-running CBS primetime series "Dallas," rejoins the cast of "Bold and Beautiful" in the role of Stephen Logan. "Patrick was exquisite in his portrayal of Stephen Logan in 2006," says Executive Producer and Head Writer Bradley Bell. "I look forward to him reprising the role -- a dynamic character that will reach new heights as he stands up for his daughters and battles their archrival, Stephanie Forrester."

Duffy returns to the role that he played from April to June, 2006, on Nov. 5, 2007. The character of Stephen Logan is father to Brooke Logan (Katherine Kelly Lang), Donna Logan (Jennifer Gareis) and Katie Logan (Heather Tom).

"One Life to Live" is going to be a losing a few lives in the coming weeks. A spokesperson for the soap has confirmed that actress Christina Chambers has been let go.

The actress joined the show just about a year ago in the role of Marty Saybrooke. Chambers was a last-minute addition to the cast in November 2006, when the show was unable to re-sign the original Marty. Susan Haskell, who originally played Marty, was all set to stay with the show but learned she was pregnant. Hassle's real-life hubby is Thorston Kaye (Zack on "All My Children"). Thorston and Haskell met while they were playing star-crossed lovers Patrick and Marty on the show.

The other about-to-be gone OLTL resident is Marcie Walsh, played by Kathie Brier. Brier will exit "One Life to Live" when her contract expires this fall. The character is literally going to ride into the sunset, and she will have company.

Brier, who starred on stage in "Hairspray," would love to get back on stage. Many times actors have double duty, doing stage and a show at the same time. It is a tough schedule, however, and the soap has to agree to shoot around the star when they are rehearsing for their play and doing those Wednesday matinees.

Thanks for posting Steve. I will miss Kathy as Marcie on OLTL but I'm happy she is free to pursue her great love of the stage. So many of my favorite soap actors started on the stage. Let's face it not many young and 'pretty' actors on soaps today could cut it in the theatre business. It's tough work and only extremely talented people can do it.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Wow it's kinda unreal to know that KB will be leaving. She's been on OLTL for a lengthy time, and in that time I've come to love her. The storyline that she's currently in is amazing. I anticipate to see how the show is writing her off.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Quote:

Enemies are forced to form alliances, and bystanders become unlikely heroes. Even as the injured are pulled from the wreckage, lives remain in danger and the likelihood of survival decreases. Loved ones can only wait for word, as each hour means less hope.

Is it me or did GH use pretty much this same description for the Port Charles Hotel fire story?

Hypnotoad

Here are detailed spoilers for Y&R, read at your own risk:

-Professor Doorbell will be the hero.
-Clownface, aka nunucolleen, will be heartbroken after she misplaces her cell phone in the ordeal... how will she recover?
-MOLE (paul's daughter) will make out with the Iron Maiden (Maggie) in their hour of need.
-Meanwhile, Amber will be shocked to be visited by a generic looking 20-something from her past named Apple Sauce.
-Apple Sauce will turn out to be Carmen Mesta's fraternal cousin who was injected into the whom of William Bardwell's mom and is actually a triplet to Jeffrey and William.
-Ji Men's ghost will come back to haunt Jana.
-Noah will catch David Chow lying and the show will devote 6 episodes to Noah lecturing David about the consequences of lying.

But rest assured, Y&R will focus on all its most important characters, namely Amber, Doorbell, Clownface, MOLE, Bardwell twins, Jana, dead Ji-Men and super annoying Noah. No other cast members will have any story of signifance until November Sweeps, 2014.

DramaKing
Member Avatar

Uncle Jonny
Oct 9 2007, 01:46 PM
Here are detailed spoilers for Y&R, read at your own risk:

-Professor Doorbell will be the hero.
-Clownface, aka nunucolleen, will be heartbroken after she misplaces her cell phone in the ordeal... how will she recover?
-MOLE (paul's daughter) will make out with the Iron Maiden (Maggie) in their hour of need.
-Meanwhile, Amber will be shocked to be visited by a generic looking 20-something from her past named Apple Sauce.
-Apple Sauce will turn out to be Carmen Mesta's fraternal cousin who was injected into the whom of William Bardwell's mom and is actually a triplet to Jeffrey and William.
-Ji Men's ghost will come back to haunt Jana.
-Noah will catch David Chow lying and the show will devote 6 episodes to Noah lecturing David about the consequences of lying.

But rest assured, Y&R will focus on all its most important characters, namely Amber, Doorbell, Clownface, MOLE, Bardwell twins, Jana, dead Ji-Men and super annoying Noah. No other cast members will have any story of signifance until November Sweeps, 2014.

sad thing if Y&R did really only do this iot would still be #1

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

I wish Kathy all the best, but I hate Marcie.

jcar03
Member Avatar

It should be noted that Haskell and Kaye are not married they are merely partners. Also why does it say she was set to stay with the show instead of come back. I'm just nitpicking.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply