Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GL: Monthly Discussion (Oct 2007)
Topic Started: Oct 9 2007, 11:30 PM (272 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Just had to post about Tuesday's show. I really enjoyed it alot. Monday's was so so.

I love the fact that unlike some shows GL never forgets the complex relationship between Billy and Joshua. Jordan Clarke & Robert Newman have worked together for so long they feed off each other so well. Their scenes alone on Tuesday just sold me on the show. It was such a wonderful family moment. I hate that they always go the route of having Billy fall off the wagon, but also knowing and dealing with 2 uncles alcoholisms in my lifetime that it is something the person never gets over and can fall off the wagon so easy. I love that they continue to show Billy's struggle with it because it is so real to anyone who has dealt with an alcoholic. His words to Joshua today rang so true.

I also love the Billy and Lizzie relationship. They are such good friends. And they feed off each other so well.

Love that Bill is going to be having problems. This should be an interesting story.

And call me crazy but I am one of the many who is glad Reva and Jeffrey are back together. I know that Jeffrey is a rapist and I hate that part but I have never had a problem with a rapist moving on just as long as it is not with the person he raped. That is disgusting. Reva and Josh are a great couple and I always love that they seem to find their way back to one another, but Kim Zimmer is such an actress that she can sell pretty much any couple. I loved her chemistry with Larkin Malloy. I love her chemistry here with Bradley Cole. She was cute with Paul Michael Valley. I have always loved teh chemistry she shares with Jordan Clarke.

I am just very much enjoying Jeffrey with Reva and before that I have never liked the character at all.

ONe final comment is that this show hardly goes a week without showing almost all of it's cast at least once in some way. Well here lately. But I still wonder why in the hell they can't show Blake and Lillian more. We got to see Blake last week but it seems like forever since we ahve seen Lillian. If she was on I missed her.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Most of the ITL's I am so so on, but today's ITL I am really loving. I also loved the one a few weeks ago when Daisy and Rafe first had sex.

These both have used a lot of history of characters on the show to relate to what Daisy is going through. I loved how Rafe and Daisy's first time was paralelled a few weeks ago with Harley and Dylan's as well as Gus and Natalia's first times.

Now today Daisy's battle with what to do and we get the nice moment of Reva talking about when she first learned she was going to be a mother (with Marah here with Josh). And other references too. It is just a nice focus and really helps to see what Daisy is going through.

Good job.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Glad to see you're enjoying the show so much Steve ;)

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Well I am not enjoying everything Michael. It has major problems and most of the ITL's are terrible. I just enjoyed those 2.

They are good at featuring all their cast but my biggest complaint is that some of them are just props. I would love actual stories for some of them and definitely would like to see Lillian more.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

GL has been marvelous this week. There has been danger with Ashlee but the best was the family drama centered around Daisy's abortion. Boy the acting was great. The confrontations. The family fights and them coming together. Just so wonderful. Classic stuff that soaps are made of.

And loved seeing so much of Vanessa this week. Loved her with Billy on Tuesday.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply