Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:Ali posted 10/9
Topic Started: Oct 9 2007, 11:53 PM (582 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Farah's first day!

I don't know if you all know, but Farah (ex-Mimi) just started on One Life To Live. We are all so excited for her, and at Martha's (Belle) real-life wedding last month I sat next to Farah and she was telling me about moving to NYC, and the new character etc.

Side note, we quickly became infamous at the wedding for being 'table 16' since we shouted it and were a loud, raucous group. And I hold Bryan (Lucas) and Kyle Brandt totally responsible for being troublemakers. Darrin (Max), Rachel (Chelsea), Farah, her sister, Dave and I were just innocent by-standers. we were definitely not part of the commotion!

Anyway, knowing that Farah's first day was approaching, Margie, who used to do Farah's hair at days and also does my hair, and Martha's, was talking about sending Farah a little care-package of some of her old stuff from Days. Including this hilarious knit cap with hair extentions sewn in. a few years back, Farah had cut her long hair off, thinking there was a 'new day' in Salem, and she could just have a new hair style. Well, she showed up for work to an unpleasant surprise... and the only solution was to keep her in a the cap, for way too long until she could show off her cute new cut.

So, Martha and I got to thinking... let's surprise her with it! So I called over to the OLTL hair dept, and we got them onboard to pull out the knit cap, as she sits down in the chair for her first day of work! Martha, and I and everyone in the make-up room were just dying thinking about her reaction. And the only weak point to our plan was that we wouldn't get to see the expression on her face! So, we called in a favor at Soap Opera Digest!!! SOD to the rescue!! They helped us concoct a story that they were doing a web interview of her first day. So, their cameras were rolling as she gets presented with the infamous knit cap. and a video montage from her Days family wishing her good luck at her new show. (during which Bryan is wearing her knit cap! lol. the whole thing just went perfectly!)

I think SOD.com is posting the footage this week sometime, so you have to go check it out. Martha and I haven't seen it yet either!

back to work!
XO

http://boards.safesearching.com/showthread.php?t=74140
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Ok...that's just awesome.

Mason
Member Avatar

I love Ali...but did most of her entry have to be about FARAH, of all people? <_<

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Mason AKA Hogan
Oct 9 2007, 10:01 PM
I love Ali...but did most of her entry have to be about FARAH, of all people? <_<

Bright side, yo: it's about fucking with Farah on her first day at a new job while a major soap magazine was present.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Mason AKA Hogan
Oct 10 2007, 12:01 AM

Ummmm I don't get what the big deal is... this isn't her NBC blog. This is just a post at her personal Web site. What is wrong with her telling a funny story about her friend? :shrug:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

That's hilarious.

How did I guess Ali's table with Bryan and Kyle there would be the rowdiest? :lol:

I love the Farah stuff! :lol:

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I never understood why Farah was so hated

anyway hilarious story

Mason
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Oct 10 2007, 12:48 AM
Mason AKA Hogan

Ummmm I don't get what the big deal is... this isn't her NBC blog. This is just a post at her personal Web site. What is wrong with her telling a funny story about her friend? :shrug:

It's not a big deal. I just can't stand Farah, that's all.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Mason AKA Hogan
Oct 10 2007, 01:08 AM
IMissAremid
Oct 10 2007, 12:48 AM
Mason AKA Hogan

It's not a big deal. I just can't stand Farah, that's all.

Oh. :lol:

Well I don't really like Bryan that much either but I try not to hold that against Ali when she posts about him. LOL.

Kenny
Member Avatar

LoL, I have to stay, I love that knit cap story! I can just picture Farah's face. First, shock and confusion... then a moment of thinking and a realization... then hysterical laughter.

PoisonIvy
Member Avatar

I think it's hysterical :)

Considering she practically grew up on Days, it's nice to see her friends wishing her well.

Sephora
Unregistered

Love it! Ali is so fun and with all she does that she had time to pull that off, I'm impressed.
Quote Post Goto Top

jcar03
Member Avatar

The Video is Up!

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/InDigest/farrahfathOLTLvideo/

I wish we had seen the DAYS people wishing her good luck and what not.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

HILARIOUS!!

King
Member Avatar

OMFG. So funny!

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Seeing the look on Farah's face when the hair stylist put that awful cap on her was absolutely priceless.

Mason
Member Avatar

LMAO @ Farah's total mortification!

"Where the HELL did you get that?!"

:lol:

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

jcar03
Oct 11 2007, 04:47 PM
The Video is Up!

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/InDigest/farrahfathOLTLvideo/

I wish we had seen the DAYS people wishing her good luck and what not.

Haha!! That was pretty funny.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply