Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TVG The 15 Most Influential Players in Daytime
Topic Started: Oct 10 2007, 04:06 PM (1,076 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I think JER would've made the list had his show not been cancelled.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

psychofan
Oct 11 2007, 05:12 PM
I'd die of happiness if JER became President of ABC Daytime or an executive producer + Head Writer of a network soap. ....I'm sure others would die of suicide though. :lol:

If that happened, someone would most certainly die, alright. But I can assure you it wouldn't be any of us here. ;)

King
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 11 2007, 05:21 PM

That's a BIG "had" haha.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King
Oct 11 2007, 05:47 PM
PhoenixRising05
Oct 11 2007, 05:21 PM

That's a BIG "had" haha.

True, King, but it's off network TV. I guess I should say "cancelled" next time. :lol:

Deleted User
Deleted User

King
Oct 11 2007, 03:55 AM
Wow. Really?

Yes, it's true. I still have the TV Guide, too, I believe. I wouldn't forget something like that EVER, lol.

I'm not sure, but I THINK it's the issue with Shuis on the cover. Note that I COULD be wrong.

But three were MVPs. JER, David E. Kelley and someone else. Maybe the guy from "The West Wing," but that one's 20 percent iffy. But JER and DEK made it for sure. I was SO proud of my man!
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

psychofan
Oct 11 2007, 05:12 PM
JERSoapsFan
Oct 11 2007, 03:36 AM
King
Oct 10 2007, 05:37 PM
Most of this list just proves why daytime is dying genre.

But thank God JER isn't on it.

Sad, isn't it? JER was named one of TV Guide's "Most Valuable Players" IN ALL OF TELEVISION in 2001 -- and then just six years later he doesn't make the top 15 in daytime. And in 2001, I think the list only had three friggin' people!

I'd die of happiness if JER became President of ABC Daytime or an executive producer + Head Writer of a network soap. ....I'm sure others would die of suicide though. :lol:

That would be cool, but I don't think JER has it in him. He's a writer. That's his passion. He wouldn't want the business, the day-to-day micromanagement of three ABC soaps. All that entails. He may want to head write two of them, or all of them, but I think he's passionate about his writing and wouldn't go for the daytime head job.
Quote Post Goto Top

Gregorzick

How sad. If the fifteen people on this list are the real movers and shakers in daytime, then the true fans of the soap genre will be totally screwed in the furture. I understand putting Hansis and Silbermann on the list but Kim Zimmer should not be on that list. She's a hack actress on a low rated soap who has indulged herself with too many questionable storylines such as the clone and time travel storylines. GL survived decades without Ms. Zimmer and it can survive without her in the furture. That is if there is a future for ATWT and GL past 2008!!! According to rumors I've seen on the Datalounge website and heard on the streets of Cincinnati, Pat Gentile of P&G wants to cancell both ATWT and GL in September of 2008. Supposedly, ATWT's Ellen Dolan and Micheal Park have been lobbying the CBS network to buy the rights of ATWT from P&G. If anyone has power in daytime, it's Pat Gentile of PGP Productions and not an actress like Kim Zimmer. The fate of AS THE WORLD TURNS and GUIDING LIGHT just may be in Gentile's hands.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I could see CBS buying ATWT but not so much GL.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

All I know Gregorzick is when ATWT or GL go and esp if both go at the same time, I will be through with daytime forever. As much as I am loving OLTL and Y&R right now they will be not enough. I will turn off the daytime TV in networks forever. For one thing I know if those 2 are cancelled in 2008 it will pave the way for Days to come to CBS and when that happens I am through. GL has proven itself that even with a smaller budget and not even being shown in all the affiliates that it can hang with the big dogs. In the last year it has beaten AMC, OLTL and Days of Our Lives. And to beat Days of Our Lives who gets more publicity than any other show in daytime - that is something.

GL and ATWT are not perfect but sorry if Days doesn't deserve to be cancelled they don't either. And they definitely don't deserve to lose their place on CBS to Days whether that is the intention or not.

Sephora
Unregistered

Quote:

Power Play: "Killing" off John Black; stealing top talent from Y&R; streamlining production to be more effective and efficient; more rehearsal time. Scott needs to allow headwriter Hogan Sheffer write the show the way he wants, and keep Ken Corday out of it.

Liabilities: Corday and NBC

Bold part = NOT!!! Hogan needs to be fired.

Italic = DEFINITELY!! Corday is the ruination of Days. He and Hogan need to take a long cruise together in a leaking boat.
Quote Post Goto Top

Gregorzick

I agree with you , Steve. IF ATWT and GL go down the tubes , then DAYS OF OUR LIVES should go down there with them. However, I don't see CBS picking up DAYS from NBC. I think Corday would rather go the cable route., anyway!!!! Anyhow, you look at it,, the next three yaers should determine how much life is left in the soap industry.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

OH I can see Sony push CBS to put Days on their schedule. Sony will probably feel they will get more money out of it than if the show goes to cable.

They had better time it right though. If they announce the cancellations of GL and ATWT and turn around and annouce the acquisition of Days close to it - Days is doomed on CBS. Many fans would feel that the shows were cancelled for Days anyway but announcing both too close together would make even more of them feel that way.

GL and ATWT have just been staples of daytime and the only shows left from the 50's. When they go to me soaps are dead. Their anchor is gone.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I can see Sony trying to get CBS to buy Days as well. After all, it was they who stepped in and ordered changes made at Days. That's why Ed Scott is there.

Gregorzick

Ah Yes, Steve and Kitty!!! One, especially myself, should not overlook Sony's fingers in these dealings!!! ;)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply