Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Bryan, Ali, James Interview
Topic Started: Oct 11 2007, 09:06 AM (1,206 Views)
Jonatha

SOW: What was your first reaction to this turn in the triangle?

AS: It reminds me of one of my favorites storylines, which is why I started watching Days in the first place. It was when Jennifer had to marry Laurence Alamain to save Carly. I 'loved' that story. It was well written, romantic and fun. It will be interesting to see if there are little hints of that in this story.

BD: Did you just call me Matthew Ashford? [ex-Jack]

AS: Maybe a little, and it's a compliment. I had pictures of him and Melissa Reeves [ex-Jennifer] on my notebook when I was in school. A huge picture of Jack and Jennifer.

SOW: So Ali you relish turning into Jennifer?

AS: That would be freakin' cool for me!

SOW: James, did you ever feel like the odd man out in this triangle, since Ali and Bryan have been working together for so long?

JS: Whenever you come into a new show and you're working with people who have been there for 15 years, you're going to feel like the odd man out. But, on the other side, I never seen the show and came from another country. So the lineage and relationship are something I don't know a lot about. In that sense, it was easier.

SOW: Ali and Bryan, did you do anything to welcome James into the fold?

BD: I gave him mouth to mouth. But that's how I welcome everyone. [laughs]

JS: That had been building for a long time.

BD: I don't think we've been the same sense.

AS: This show gives a nice, warm welcome to all the new guys by making them constantly nude. That was certainly as awkward intro; "Hi, James, nice to meet you. Now take your clothes off," it was his first scene.

SOW: Bryan, do you feel like the loser at love, now that Sami has decided to leave Lucas and marry EJ?

BD: I'm used to the triangle scenario with Sami and Lucas. That's something I've been through many times.

AS: There has been a lot. Someone, Austin, someone else, and then Austin.

BD: I've had a few other women triangles but they're like...

AS: ... Cheap, tawdry sluts that Sami gets rid of.

BD: My chicks last two or three months. Her dudes last a lot longer, like a year.

AS: Until I wear them out. [To Scott] Don't be alarmed.

JS: Not a all, darling.

SOW: It's too bad Sami, Lucas and EJ couldn't all just move in together, like on 'Big Love,'

AS: Oh, God! That's a great idea. Everybody wins, well, I mean Sami wins.

JS: I don't know how they can resolve the situation. I don't think EJ and Lucas can share her. It's a very difficult situation. There is going to be no happy ending for somebody.

AS: That's the good part. I hope it doesn't get resolved right away. There's a lot more left to play in terms of the relationships Sami has with both EJ and Lucas.

BD: There's only one solution for resolving a triangle, and that is to be mathematic and make the triangle a square. Bring in a hooch for old Luke and everything is fine.

SOW: Who would you like to see brought in for Lucas?

BD: Jennifer Love Hewitt would be my first choice. It has to be a new character. The canvas is blank.

AS: So Lucas is not willing to fight for Sami?

BD: Yeah, he is. He's definitely to fight for Sami, but to a point. He's got to save his dignity.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Thanks for posting, Jonny!

Not really crazy about Ali comparing EJ and Sami to Laurence and Jennifer and I hope that is not the direction this is going but I enjoyed the rest of the interview. Sounds like they all have pretty good senses of humor about everything.

eta: OK... Jonny, is this at the beginning of the interview as an editorial comment from SOW:

Watch out Lumi fans: you are about to have your hearts broken. Now that Sami has agreed to exchange I do's with EJ it means the end of the road for Lucas (at least for now). Alison, Bryan and James weigh in on the twisted threesome that's been commanding center stage in Salem for a year.

I saw it posted elsewhere so I just want to double check.

Ponz
Member Avatar

Great interview! Thanks for posting! :)

King
Member Avatar

I loved her comparing it to Lawrence/Jennifer! LOL.

Great, great interview. I love what a fangeek she was!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

LOVE IT!!

I get the Lawrence/Jennifer vibe. That's not really a bad thing IMO.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 11 2007, 05:21 PM
LOVE IT!!

I get the Lawrence/Jennifer vibe. That's not really a bad thing IMO.

If this is supposed to be a Jennifer/Laurence thing with EJami then they're doing it wrong. Sami shouldn't be letting EJ kiss her, she shouldn't be lying to Lucas about her alone time with EJ, she shouldn't be fantasizing about him when she's alone, the show shouldn't have people talk about the two of them being fated together, they shouldn't have based a 50-year-old love story around their lookalikes.

I love that Ali is a fangeek too but if Ali is playing this as if EJ is the Laurence to her Jennifer then that explains A LOT about what is so damn fucked up about this storyline because they sure as hell haven't been writing it that way the whole time from May on and that's certainly not how this story started between the characters.

I also hate the idea of Sami turning into Jennifer. Kate has been turned into a pathetic whore again and Sami is an emotional basketcase doormat for her family and Lucas so if they are going with that can we bring Nicole or Vivian back so we can have some badass bitch in this place again?

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Mary.... I think I love you. :hail:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I never said it was exactly like it, IMA.

All I meant was I get a similar vibe from it, much like Ali stated. That's all.

Ponz
Member Avatar

HS has obviously been throwing bones to Ejami fans but the basic paremeters of the two stories (rape, coerced marriage, threats to family members) are the same. It's definitely far less of a stretch than the John/Marlena/Roman analogy.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I like the three actors. In interviews. Most of the time.

And I think they would have had a long-term triangle on their hands, if that's what they wanted to do, but it really isn't the way things are written so: I hope it ends soon, with lots of bloodshed.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Can the first shot be Lucas's big fat mouth? After someone schools him on the term vEndetta, of course.

And if HS has only been throwing ejami bones, they sure have tons of meat on them. All I see of Lumi is an unemployed, yapping, chest beating loudmouth and a kowtowing, obsequious Sami. Nevermind all the things Sami has omitted telling her twu wub!!! HS's Sami who is shackled to Lucas is nothing like the Sami most people love. She is at least feisty and cunning around EJ.

If HS wants to tell a story he needs to pick one and stop trying to straddle some imaginary fence. It is foul and it is what is wrong what we are seeing.

Hopefully things will be resolved soon.

wickednana
Unregistered

pspcindy
Oct 11 2007, 08:21 PM
Can the first shot be Lucas's big fat mouth? After someone schools him on the term vEndetta, of course.

And if HS has only been throwing ejami bones, they sure have tons of meat on them. All I see of Lumi is an unemployed, yapping, chest beating loudmouth and a kowtowing, obsequious Sami. Nevermind all the things Sami has omitted telling her twu wub!!! HS's Sami who is shackled to Lucas is nothing like the Sami most people love. She is at least feisty and cunning around EJ.

If HS wants to tell a story he needs to pick one and stop trying to straddle some imaginary fence. It is foul and it is what is wrong what we are seeing.

Hopefully things will be resolved soon.

quite correct cindy ..and this is the only part of the show with any flavor..so the bones beat the table scraps the lumi fans have been fed since april in terms of story line and scenes.
Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Ponz
Oct 11 2007, 07:30 PM
HS has obviously been throwing bones to Ejami fans but the basic paremeters of the two stories (rape, coerced marriage, threats to family members) are the same. It's definitely far less of a stretch than the John/Marlena/Roman analogy.

OK, as others pointed out, if EJami fans are just getting bones from HS what are Lumi fans getting exactly? Really meaty offscreen 8 months pregnant imagined hospital shower sex? Really meaty honeymoon scenes involving industrial labor with no bed where the groom is reduced to spying on his wife while she seeks out a private conversation with the man she accused of raping her?

I personally think both fanbases are being fed a lot of carp, but that's just me. LOL.

And Tim, I never said you said it was exactly the same. You said the storyline giving off that Laurence/Jennifer vibe wasn't a bad thing.

I disagree with the idea that this is not a bad thing given the reasons I stated that if the storyline is giving off or supposed to give off a Laurence/Jennifer vibe to you because it is not giving off that vibe THE WHOLE TIME and often gives off just the opposite vibe depending on what that particular episode's plot dictates and whether that particular scriptwriter's dialogue shows them to be partial to EJami or Lumi.

Ponz
Member Avatar

pspcindy
HS's Sami who is shackled to Lucas is nothing like the Sami most people love. She is at least feisty and cunning around EJ.

Feisty around EJ? She was practically whimpering when he threatened Will yesterday. The Sami that "most people love" would have blown off EJ's balls long ago. It's ironic that some blame Lucas for her loss of spunk when this is the very weakness that HS has been exploiting to facilitate an Ejami pairing. Lucas isn't the one pressuring her to cave to the demands of a lying bigamist who died 50 years ago. The real Sami would have laughed at these terms and told Stefano & EJ exactly where to shove them.

Ponz
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Oct 11 2007, 09:15 PM
I personally think both fanbases are being fed a lot of carp, but that's just me. LOL.

I wasn't implying otherwise. Next to the Cruise of Deception, the Jack/Jennifer/Lawrence triangle was my favorite DOOL story of all-time. This one is probably my LEAST favorite. My comparison was focused on the broad plot outline, irrespective of execution, writing quality and viewer reaction.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Word, word, Ponz to your last two posts.

DramaKing
Member Avatar

how i loath the fanbase. in general.

i personally am a huge fan of sami and lucas.

and i am a huge fan of sami and ej.

why cant you be a fan of both anymore? you awlays seem to have to pikc one thing to be a fan of on one show and only root for that.

well if thats the case im a fan of Sami Brady...

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Ponz
Oct 12 2007, 04:27 AM
pspcindy
HS's Sami who is shackled to Lucas is nothing like the Sami most people love.  She is at least feisty and cunning around EJ.

Feisty around EJ? She was practically whimpering when he threatened Will yesterday. The Sami that "most people love" would have blown off EJ's balls long ago. It's ironic that some blame Lucas for her loss of spunk when this is the very weakness that HS has been exploiting to facilitate an Ejami pairing. Lucas isn't the one pressuring her to cave to the demands of a lying bigamist who died 50 years ago. The real Sami would have laughed at these terms and told Stefano & EJ exactly where to shove them.

Thank you Ponz.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

JackPeyton
Oct 12 2007, 06:41 AM
how i loath the fanbase. in general.

i personally am a huge fan of sami and lucas.

and i am a huge fan of sami and ej.

why cant you be a fan of both anymore? you awlays seem to have to pikc one thing to be a fan of on one show and only root for that.

well if thats the case im a fan of Sami Brady...

You are so right Jack,

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Oct 11 2007, 05:48 PM
PhoenixRising05
Oct 11 2007, 05:21 PM
LOVE IT!!

I get the Lawrence/Jennifer vibe.  That's not really a bad thing IMO.

If this is supposed to be a Jennifer/Laurence thing with EJami then they're doing it wrong. Sami shouldn't be letting EJ kiss her, she shouldn't be lying to Lucas about her alone time with EJ, she shouldn't be fantasizing about him when she's alone, the show shouldn't have people talk about the two of them being fated together, they shouldn't have based a 50-year-old love story around their lookalikes.

I love that Ali is a fangeek too but if Ali is playing this as if EJ is the Laurence to her Jennifer then that explains A LOT about what is so damn fucked up about this storyline because they sure as hell haven't been writing it that way the whole time from May on and that's certainly not how this story started between the characters.

I also hate the idea of Sami turning into Jennifer. Kate has been turned into a pathetic whore again and Sami is an emotional basketcase doormat for her family and Lucas so if they are going with that can we bring Nicole or Vivian back so we can have some badass bitch in this place again?

Fantastic post, Mary. I always love your take on Days. :D

I couldn't agree with you more—especially about Sami turning into Jennifer. Yeesh, what a horrid thought. I always floved Jack and Jennifer, but Sami is just not supposed to be that kind of character. She was always the feisty scheming-to-get-what-she-wants little bitch (which involved doing some very bad things—i.e., drugging/raping Austin), an anti-heroine, the anti-Brady. *sigh* Why can't Sheffer seem to grasp that?

And OMG YES, this show needs to bring back Vivian Alamain and/or Nicole Walker ASAP. I would love to see one of those badass bitches in Salem again. Preferably Vivian. I loved that character so much. She was always so good at making trouble for Kate, too. LMAO The best was when Kate ended up on that fishing boat. And burying Carly alive!! Man... Louise Sorel as Vivian Alamain is sorely missed on Days of Our Lives. :(

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply