Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OLTL: Farah blogged
Topic Started: Oct 12 2007, 02:36 PM (712 Views)
Jonatha

October 11, 2007 - Thursday

My first week taping...

Well I'm pooped. :-D I just taped 11 episodes in 4 days. I've never done that many in a week before. My first day was last Friday (the 5th) and I only did half a show that day. So now that I've worked there for 5 days I feel like I've experienced enough to share how my new job is going. Which is...GREAT! I'm almost a bit blown away at how nice everyone is! The welcome I have recieved is beyond warm. I would say scolding hot. The cast and crew at "One Live to Live" are amazing. I just have to get that out there! Even though I had so much material this week it was a blast. Erika Slezak is ridiculous! In a good way!!!!! I've never met an actor who is so on the ball. She doesn't even so much as glance at her script and every take she's in, she nails. It's been such an honor to work with her. I'm just trying to keep up!

As for my character, "Gigi"...she's a lot of fun to play. I will go ahead and say she's similar to "Mimi" in the sense they're both funny. "Gigi" doesn't have the insecurities that "Meems" had though. She's much stronger. I'm trying hard to play them differently but it's tough 'cause they're written a bit alike.
My storyline is great. There's a lot of mystery surrounding "Gigi". I can't wait to see how everything pans out :-P

As for living in New York...I'm loving it! It's so different than anything I'm used to. There's so much to look at and so many places to go. And I tackled one of my greatest fears...learning the subway!

Last but not least I would just like to thank Alison Sweeney for making my first day at work extra special! She made a tape for me and had all the "Days" cast & crew on it wishing me luck! I was shocked...it was SO thoughtful! But first she kind of "punked" me...you can see the prank on www.soapoperadigest.com

Were only a week and half away!! yay!
Love,
Farah

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Wait, so she mentioned not one DAMN thing about John's death?! Drake's apparent firing?!

What a cold and selfish bitch! She was once part of the "Days" family!

This is unacceptable. And we can't pretend like she didn't know about it. .

Get your priorities straight, girl!
Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

It's very possible she didn't know about it. :shrug:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Okay, I gotta give her props for admiring the vet and work ethic of Erica Slezak. That was classy.

And OMG, are you kidding me? HEr character's name is "Gigi"?!! Um, Mimi much?! FRONS, YOU SUCK! You're a copycatting bastard.

NO ONE can convince me that character wasn't named to sound like "Mimi" and grab "Days" fans.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

OneBadKitty
Oct 12 2007, 09:24 PM
It's very possible she didn't know about it. :shrug:

I really find that hard to believe. Sorry, but I honestly do. And wasn't she at the Martha wedding? (Correct me if I'm wrong, I really can't remember.) If that's true, and she was at MM's wedding, surely they gossiped about it then.
Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

JSF, I'm loving you today. :wub:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Oh, my. Thanks. :wub:

I love your avatar by the way. So cute! But just a little scandalous. :unsure:
Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Scandalous? It's Garfield! ;)

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

She wouldn't mention it because it was not the place to do so. She's talking about her first week, her living in New York, and missing people from LA. She's not going to go into some "How dare they fire Drake" tirade. I'm sure she has her own feelings on the matter that are private. She'd be stupid to burn her bridges by blasting Days.

Deleted User
Deleted User

OneBadKitty
Oct 12 2007, 09:34 PM
Scandalous? It's Garfield! ;)

Maybe it's because of the "Sarah Silverman Program" episode on Wednesday (you had to see it), but it reminds me of bestiality. :unsure:
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Drew
Oct 12 2007, 09:43 PM
She wouldn't mention it because it was not the place to do so. She's talking about her first week, her living in New York, and missing people from LA. She's not going to go into some "How dare they fire Drake" tirade. I'm sure she has her own feelings on the matter that are private. She'd be stupid to burn her bridges by blasting Days.

I wasn't looking for outrage. Just an "Oh, so you guys must have heard by now" sort of thing.

Just a looking-back, a tribute to Drake. Two lines. That's all I'm asking for. And I agree that it may not have fit in with the rhythm and flow of the quoted entry. But that's why a person has the freedom to choose to make one entry or two entries or three entries.

But let's face it, she knows most of the fans reading her site came from "Days" so it's not like she's going "OT" on them with a Drake tribute.

Just something that shows she has a heart, that's all I'm asking for.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Someday, JSF...

...someday you will be mine. :wub:

jcar03
Member Avatar

For the love of all the blog wasn't about DAYS it was about her first week. She's not on the show anymore and she is distancing herself from it to get her fans to watch OLTL.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I imagine trying to keep up with Slezak kept her on her toes the whole time.

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

JERSoapsFan
Oct 12 2007, 09:50 PM
OneBadKitty
Oct 12 2007, 09:34 PM
Scandalous? It's Garfield!  ;)

Maybe it's because of the "Sarah Silverman Program" episode on Wednesday (you had to see it), but it reminds me of bestiality. :unsure:

ROFL

Jonatha

OneBadKitty
Oct 12 2007, 09:59 PM
I imagine trying to keep up with Slezak kept her on her toes the whole time.

I want to mention a rumor going around right now about Farah's character. There has been much speculation about which couple 'Gigi' was going to come between. There is some talk that since Kathy Brier is leaving OLTL Farah's going to be paired up with Michael McBain (Nathanial Marston). As of right now I can't picture those two together.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Glad FF is liking OLTL. I love ES and I appreciate her applause of her. ES is the kind of actor young actors can learn much from and be inspired by.

OLTL just got a bit more interesting. If the rumor is true, NM may be a bit more watchable. I rooted for Marci and John simply because they were an improbable sometimes sweet couple but KB is hard to take, for me, other than in very short doses. No tears will fall from my eyes when she exits for the Great White Way.

Thanks for the blog content Jonatha!

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Quote:

Well I'm pooped. :-D I just taped 11 episodes in 4 days. I've never done that many in a week before.

This is very telling IMO The soaps must be on overdrive preparing for the writers strike.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I didn't even think of that, Rick.

Your right. That has to be what is going on.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply