Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Why do all the men have the same hairstyle?!
Topic Started: Oct 13 2007, 02:01 AM (966 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

I know, it really doesn't mean anything. And compared to the bigger fish that's currently frying, this realization is more than miniscule. But has anyone ever noticed that all the guys on this show have the same exact hairstyle?

Shorter on the sides, forward and messy a bit on top... do no men in this town have longer hair? Jack Deveraux is the only man who I can think of that had longer hair, with some sort of a part in the middle, and they even tried getting rid of that by giving him the traditional 'Days' cut, too!

James Scott, before he came to Days, had longer hair on AMC. Then, when he gets to Days... snip, snip! He gets the traditional Days 'do, too!

Here's a look at his hair on AMC.

Posted Image

Then there's Shawn Brady. Again, shorter on the sides with the messy/forward style on top. His father, Bo Brady, has the came style... although it appears that they're letting him grow it a little longer lately.

Posted Image

Posted Image

John Black? Er... the late John Black? Ditto that style for him, although it's not quite as messy as the other guys. I much preferred when it had it cut very short, back in the summer of 1997. Hot damn, that was sexy! Alas, here he is with the similar traditional Days cut...

Posted Image

Lucas Roberts? He shares the same style, as well.

Posted Image

Austin had the style. Rex had the style. Colin had the style. The original Shawn had it. Eric Brady had it. I would say 85% of Days male cast over the last ten years has shared this same boring, uninspired hairstyle, and if they don't come on the show with it, by the time they leave they're certainly sporting it. For proof, look no further than Jeremy Horton, who came on the show with Ken Doll hair and is leaving the show with the familiar Salem-men 'do.

I know that in the grand scheme of things, it's really rather unimportant, but it's so visually boring and un-stimulating when all the guys just... look the same. No individual hairstyles, no varying lengths, nothing! The only person that I can think of who's managed to escape the traditional 'do is Will, and he looks like a mop. Pop Shawn doesn't count, because he has no hair to style in the first place. Oh, and I guess Steve has escaped it, as well. Lucky him! And Stefano just wouldn't look right with it, LoL.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

And while I'm on the subject of hair...

I've been praying for Alison Sweeney to go back to her natural blonde color for what seems like ages now. She's always had such gorgeous, thick hair, but this platinum blonde is way too light for her, IMO. It drowns out her face because it washes her out so badly.

Anytime I see her in a scene, my attention goes directly to that sharp, platinum blonde hair rather than the scene itself and I'm assuming that's not what the DAYS powers-that-be want, LoL

This shade of blonde is what suits her best, IMO. Not the current Pamela Anderson bimbo blonde color.

Posted Image

I miss these looks on her from when she was younger!

I like these looks on her.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

At the time, I hated the strawberry blonde/red look, but looking back on it... I sort of enjoy it!

Here's a shot from her very first episode.

Posted Image Posted Image

Deleted User
Deleted User

I agree that hairstyles should vary a little. Things otherwise can be too cookie-cutter.
Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Yeah, a lot of the guys do have a similar hairstyle! Phillip is another one with a different style though.

I agree about Ali's hair. She has really pretty hair, but it is too blonde right now. I like it better when it is more of a golden blonde.

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

First of all, that photo of James Scott holding a baby... Oh, my ovaries! Whoa. :o

Er, anyway... Posted Image I've never really thought about it too much, but you are correct. The men of Days of Our Lives do have pretty much the same hairstyle. LOL Sheesh. I wonder what's up with that. Lucas's is the worst, IMO; I hate the way it's all combed forward on top like a duck's tail or something. C'mon, Days hairstylists! Variety is the spice of life. At least, Bo, Philip and Shawn, Sr. (LOL) seem to realize this.

I have long been of the opinion that Alison Sweeney should give up the platinum for a warmer, more golden shade of blonde. Her current hair color does not suit her at all. Glad to know you concur, Kenny. ;)

Kenny
Member Avatar

GatsbyGirl
Oct 13 2007, 03:52 AM
First of all, that photo of James Scott holding a baby... Oh, my ovaries! Whoa. :o

If my testicles had the same reaction at your ovaries, I know EXACTLY what you mean.

Oh, my 'parts'!! :P

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 13 2007, 02:55 AM
GatsbyGirl

If my testicles had the same reaction at your ovaries, I know EXACTLY what you mean.

So you wanna have James Scott's baby, too, then? Posted Image

LOL :P

Kenny
Member Avatar

GatsbyGirl
Oct 13 2007, 04:36 AM
Kenny
GatsbyGirl

I wanna have several thousand of his babies all over my face, and a few in my mouth, LoL!

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

Some of the guys look better IMO with the hairstyle. Max- I hated his hair and it was getting to be annoying always combed over or whatever they did to it.
James Scott- cutting his hair is one thing I have loved since starting Days. Who know I could find that man even more attractive than I did on AMC.
What about Nick, what the hell does his hair look like, damn I love him but we haven't seen him for a while so I forgot. Jay's hair isn't the same as the rest, and I like that about him.

On to Ali, her hair is blinding. I wish someone would realize it and fix it. She is very beautiful and doesn't need that color. Why not get back to basics and go with your natural color because that is not natural.

King
Member Avatar

Ali's hair is way too white.

Mason
Member Avatar

Words cannot express how much I HATE Ali's platinum blonde coloring in her hair. Frankly, it looks awful, and I hope to God that she gets it colored a darker shade of blonde very soon.

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 13 2007, 03:41 AM
GatsbyGirl
Oct 13 2007, 04:36 AM
Kenny
GatsbyGirl

I wanna have several thousand of his babies all over my face, and a few in my mouth, LoL!

LOL Posted Image

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny, you are so dirty...and I love it! :lol:

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

GatsbyGirl
Oct 13 2007, 03:36 AM
Kenny
GatsbyGirl

That would probably require you to get naked at the beach!! :

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

I too hope Ali will tone down the platinum blonde. Way too white.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ali's hair looked better that way last summer when she had the bangs but now it looks horrible. I am shocked she has kept it, unless NBC made her. I still remember when she went red in 2001 and she quickly changed back to blonde like after a month.

The guy haircuts are the same but, generally, I found many guys tend to follow haircuts other guys have just because it's the "thing." Maybe all the actors happen to like it. Who knows LOL. That is why I like JKJ's hair because it's refreshingly different but I can't blame the other guys for the way they have theirs. It may be a comfort thing.

Bryan Dattilo used to have different hair, almost like a shorter version of JKJ's but now he seems to like that shaved look.

DramaKing
Member Avatar

Sami should go dark. why not? time for a change.

Patch & Philip have diff hairstyles. but thats it. the rest are all the same. but then again when i look around at pix of me and my friends we all do pretty much have the same haircut.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Kenny - your comment made me laugh too loud! I had the office looking at me! I am such a blusher! And I did an awful job trying to cover what I was laughing about!

Great job you guys in giving me a big laugh during this day that which doth sucketh!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Franco had the best hair of all IMO

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply