Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Passions: The most DISGUSTING rumor; Someone, please, HELP!!
Topic Started: Oct 15 2007, 12:15 AM (540 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

EVERYONE, AND ANYONE:

I just heard the most disgusting, filthy, shameful rumor about "Passioins." Is it true that the show will NOT be eligible for Emmys?!! Is this true?! And if so, why? (And if so, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO going to raise hell to the Academy!)

If it's true, I think they better open the door of acceptance beginning with next year's Emmys. Cable and satellite seem to be the future of soaps -- THE EMMYS BETTER fucking get with the FUCKING program!!! :( :(
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

LoL, don't take this the wrong way JSF, but.....did you really expect PASSIONS to get many (if any at all) noms in the first place?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I can agree on principle that it's kind of wrong but, like Mason said, no one really should get anything nor do they deserve it. Ben Masters and Emily Harper have had good stuff at times and so has Lindsey (although she has had better years where I really pulled for her to pull off a surprise nod) but I don't think anyone has had something that good this year. There have been in the past though.

One good thing is that at least if the Emmy's give NBC a token nod this year it will have to go to Days. Hopefully, they pick someone deserving and not someone who isn't.

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

Mason AKA Hogan
Oct 15 2007, 12:17 AM
LoL, don't take this the wrong way JSF, but.....did you really expect PASSIONS to get many (if any at all) noms in the first place?

The thing is, it doesn't matter whether Passions would have gotten actual nominations or not. Even though they're only on satellite, that cast and crew still should have the option to compete.

Without Passions, Days will get screwed once again.

Mason
Member Avatar

I agree that they should still get nominations, but how realistic is it to expect that they actually would?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason, why shouldn't they? The show is Emmy Award winning. Let's never forget this. It's not like it's a piece of crap. And all you need is one standalone episode or a couple of performances for a reel. It's not a "year-to-date" thing.

"Passions" would have, then, just as good a chance as anyone. Frankly, I was blown away by Eva's and Liza's performances on the Oct. 11 episode. Powerhouse. And almost Emmy-worthy.

But I still heard nothing official from one of the mods who can help me with his. I hope we can start a discussion on this and find out what's going on here, and whether anything can be done to change the academy's mind (if the rumor is true).
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

FOR THE LAST TIME,

I did NOT say PASSIONS SHOULDN'T get any. I said that they most likely wouldn't get any or very many. Sheesh...

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I don't see why they would not be eligible. They were on NBC until September.

They always get a bunch of technical nods and once in a while, an acting nod.

King
Member Avatar

That's a good point, OBK. Their NBC stuff should still be considered.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I would think the NBC stuff would at least be considered. I don't see why it wouldn't.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I would think Passions would still be eligible for Emmy's?

They are still members of AFTRA and Are still an NBC production.

bellcurve
Unregistered

I don't know why PASSIONS wouldn't be eligible for Emmys. It is first run in daytime television, and specials on cable nets like Showtime and HBO are always nodded with awards and wins. Why couldn't PASSIONS be eligible for the same?
Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

If they use any DirecTV stuff, they could submit in the special class category, I think? Otherwise, they should submit as a network soap.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply