Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Monday, October 15th!; The anticipated week begins...
Topic Started: Oct 15 2007, 07:45 AM (1,156 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Here's a sneak preview of today's episode. Marlena and Belle receive news of John's grave prognosis!

[dohtml]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8IIMjsvVwv0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8IIMjsvVwv0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/dohtml]

Judging by just that clip alone, I don't know if I'm going to get through this entire week without shedding a few tears!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sephora
Unregistered

What I find loathsome is that they have this going on and then the sorority stuff on the same day. Just as you get a chance to get emotional, bimbettes on parade come on the screen.
Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I loved the scene that Kenny posted. It was by far one of the best scenes I've seen in a long time, with the doctor giving John' prognosis, while Sami is taping up the certificate and Marlena is recalling everything.

Marlena is unbelievably strong. I expected her to just faint right there.

Jonatha

I just read Prevuze for tomorrow's program and here's what is going on: Stefano and EJ have this conversation:

EJ asks Stefano..."Father, what actually happened with you and Marlena? Stefano says....John. He (John) was to win the heart of the woman I loved. My Pawn stole my Queen." Then Stefano tells EJ that perhaps if that hadn't happened, this vendetta would have ended years ago. :o

I think Drake will be back eventually, after this reconstituted storyline between Stefano and his 'Queen of the Night,' Marlena plays out.

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

I was crying the minute Belle and Marlena walked in the room. I like how Belle stayed closer to the top of the bed, seeing Martha put her hand over her mouth I lost it. I like how they showed the flashback, the monitors, and Sami as the Dr. spoke of John's condition. Did Brad fall off the face of the earth? Shouldn't Marlena have mentioned calling him. Doesn't he love his father too?!
Damn you Days :(
This is going to be some really great drama.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

I think this week should be full of high drama, but lately I have not been pleased at all with Day's record in that regard. So many emotional scenes have been skipped or supposedly played offscreen.

And if all the John mourning is only to propel the Sami story, I think it is foul. John deserves his own time for fans to mourn his passing.

But I guess we'll see how it's handled and then can judge.

Mr. Brightside
Member Avatar

It's starting!

King
Member Avatar

I know it's kind of silly, but I really like the ambulance and the police car. It just makes it all so much more real.

Mr. Brightside
Member Avatar

No its not silly. The hospital scenes are amazing.

It feels so weird seeing Michael Hudson as a doctor!

King
Member Avatar

I don't know. The show wasn't as amazing as I'd thought/hoped. But it was good.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Oh I'm so happy to see Tony and Anna back on screen. I like them FINALLY addressing the Tony-John brothers stuff and spending more time with Marlena, even if it is at this late of date. I love how Tony was so dismissive toward Stefano and his grief over Andre, but I'm not sure what to make of Anna being sympathetic to him. Is Anna thinking ahead how maybe it could be good if Tony got in Stefano's good graces before he died so he can be the one to inherit all the DiMera power and money and the mansion will be theirs? Because I don't see any other character-based reason Anna would be nice to him unless there is some other back story they are not telling us.

This show needs to make up it's mind about Stefano. Why is he so delusional to think Tony would give a damn about Andre? Or is he just acting sad to try to manipulate Tony the same way he sometimes seems to act sad to manipulate E.J.? Because they need to make that clear if that is the case so he doesn't come across so bipolar... heartless and vindictive one episode and then compassionate and regretful the next. Or actually I should say maybe within the same episode as at the beginning he vowed to avenge Andre's death and then he got that mystery DNA report (what is THAT all about? and was it a chess piece or a voodoo idol or what that he was holding when that messenger came in the room?) that gives a hint there is some shadiness going on. I want more Stefano monologues over a chessboard so I know what he's up to if he's up to something dammit.

Maybe there's something wrong with me, but I didn't mind the sorority scenes one bit and thought they added some levity to this episode, despite all of Terry's annoying promotion of it. I just like Morgan and Cordy and I can't help that. I snickered when they referred to Dr. Brady and Dr. Hollingsworth transitioning into the hospital scenes. The casting of Ford Decker, despite the awful haircut, is even growing on me and I like Max and Stephanie trying to make each other jealous. Craziness.

I am so sick of seeing Sami cry. I just wish they would take Sami out of these scenes of John's death because her being there crying all over the place ruins them for me because given that all we've seen of Sami for the past 9 months or so seeing Sami crying it makes these scenes like just any old episode because it has her crying in them, when this should be a really fricking big deal.

The flashback interspersed with the heart monitor and the description of the injuries narrated over Sami taping the annulment back together was really awesome. And I love the choice of Michael from AW as Miles. I hope they keep him around beyond these few episodes. Yay for good casting and awesome production values.

The "my pawn stole my queen" line was good, but as sad as Stefano is about his creation dying, shouldn't there be another part thinking... hmmmm... with John out of the way maybe I can steal my queen back?

Marlena and Belle were both heartbreaking in their grief and I'm sure they will have me crying later in the week. I stayed tear-free today but we'll see if I can keep it up.

One thing though that does take me out of their grief is the nagging questions about John's other children. First of all, does Brady no longer exist? Doesn't he deserve a phone call even if he can't make it back to Salem? And what about Carrie and Eric who grew up with John as a father figure for much of their childhoods? Doesn't a part of Lucas think to call his mom, even if he's disowned her, since Kate and John were once quite close and she would want to know about this?

King
Member Avatar

I JUST WANT DEE TO BRING IT AND MAKE ME CRY! Haha.

I think it's one of those situations where you don't want to tell anyone who doesn't already know until you have definite news. I hate when people do that in real life and I hate when they do it on soaps. :lol: Brady, at least, will be mentioned I hope!

All of the Brady's better be there tomorrow or Wednesday.

peaches179

King
Oct 15 2007, 02:27 PM

I think it's one of those situations where you don't want to tell anyone who doesn't already know until you have definite news. I hate when people do that in real life and I hate when they do it on soaps. :lol: Brady, at least, will be mentioned I hope!

I think we'll probably being seeing her let her guard down with John.(even though I loved her in today's ep.) John has always been the stronger one, I think she's trying to stay strong for Belle.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

It was a very good episode.

I am with you IMA. I thought the sorority story brought something light to the table. Usually you get that with any show when something tragic happens. You need to balance it with something pleasant and that happened today. The best thing was it wasn't featured a whole lot during the episode. Just enough to balance things. I can't express enough how much I love Morgan. I think she has great potential. Cordy I am on the fence but Ford sucks. Max and Morgan do have good chemistry.

Loved the use of the ambulance and police car. It all felt so real. MM and Dee were fantastic, especially in that last scene. Loved that scene when Miles told Marlena all that was wrong with John while she flashed back to the accident interposed with the monitors and Sami. Awesome work there. Loved seeing Tony and Anna and the history between Tony/John being mentioned. It was nice seeing Tony and Anna's friendship on display but the whole prayer situation made Tony come off harsh. That combined with Anna's comments makes me wonder if Tony's resentment of Stefano will drive him to actually acting more like a Dimera. His scenes with Stefano were great.

I also hope they keep Miles Berman around. Love him.

The EJ/Stefano discussion was good. Love the Marlena stuff coming up now. The pawn talk and the mention of Marlena being stolen by John was interesting. I like how he mentioned the Vendetta may have ended sooner if that hadn't happened. That and the DNA results at the end were good ways of adding intrigue to all this.

I was happy that Lucas/Sami/EJ didn't take too much away from Marlena and Belle. It was just enough and I loved the scene of Sami telling EJ she will marry him. It had a nice dramatic feel to it.

I think this is one of those situations where Marlena will call other relatives once they know more and everything is situated. That will probably be when we get the Eric and Carrie mentions.

Good way to start things up for the week.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

peaches179
Oct 15 2007, 02:52 PM
King
Oct 15 2007, 02:27 PM

I think we'll probably being seeing her let her guard down with John.(even though I loved her in today's ep.) John has always been the stronger one, I think she's trying to stay strong for Belle.

Exactly. I think it will hit her hard when it happens and especially after the funeral. I think she is really going to try to get Belle and everyone else through this and then she will just fall apart. It would be out of character IMO if it happened any other way.

Days4Life
Unregistered

I'm wearing out my rewind button on the DVR trying to figure out what Stefano was holding at the end! And I'm dying to know what was in that envelope with Sami's name on it.

A very good show. As others have mentioned, the scene where the doctor was telling Marlena and Belle about John's condition, with Sami taping the annulment papers together and Marlena remembering the accident, was wonderful. Heartbreaking, too.

Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm watching live and loving the show so far..It was a great decision to have the accident open the show and then end the first segment as well..That should hook some viewers that tuned in hearing what happened to john..It was also a treat having a real police car and ambulance...Ed Scott has really worked wonders on the show..

The sorority stuff probably shouldn't have been on today, as it doesn't really fit with the rest of the show..But i'm loving seeing Tony and Anna...love them..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I agree Kev...I love the way the show opened with the John stuff at the beginning and end of the first segment. It really helped to draw fans in. The sorority story also wasn't in the first act at all, which helps. That story was situated quite well throughout the show though IMO.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Nice episode today, even though Belle can be a pain in the ass sometimes, Martha really brings it. They should pre-nom her for Supporting actress at the Emmy's next year. Tomorrow looks even better though, this should be an emotionally draining/exciting week.

Still, no mention of Brady, Eric, Carrie, and Aunty Vivian? :lol:

King
Member Avatar

I accidentally posted it in the other thread, but MM is owning the storyline for me so far.

E.J. was a bleepity bleep bleep today. But I kind of liked it. He should wear the evilness more often.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply