Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Monday, October 15th!; The anticipated week begins...
Topic Started: Oct 15 2007, 07:45 AM (1,161 Views)
Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Great Sami, Marlena, and Belle scenes..Ali, Deidre, and Martha have such great chemistry together, they are so believeable as family..Tony and Anna have been great in this episode, i really hope Hogan using them more..Both are true power players..It was nice that Tony acknowledged John as is half brother, who he didn't get the chance to know..
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wickednana
Unregistered

i thought it was very good today..ej is of course selfish when it comes to samantha..so i cant fault him for thinking something bad is good for him..he has tried in his own way to fix things..

i also found the sorority stuff to be more suited to a young persons storyline than that silly tsk stuff..this is believable, and ok by me..

the scene of sami taping together the papers with the overtone of the dr giving marlena the news of johns injuries i thought was stellar stuff..it was very much her effort to piece john back together in her mind is what i interpreted it as..but it did not work..and when stef tells ej "so you think"..whoa..maybe ej will find having sami is not as good as the dream..especially if she cant quit the dang bawling..

as one who would love to see stefano and marlena hooked up, we may really get a strange twist...oh i can only hope!
Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Fantastic ending..i'm so stoked for tomorrow..Wickednana just gave me a crazy idea..What if Marlena wanted to spare her daughter from marrying Ej, and offered to marry Stefano instead to end the vendetta? that would be an awesome twist..

King
Member Avatar

Eeee! I'd love that.

That might be what happens. They've been mentioning Steffy's love for Marlena a LOT lately.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

and maybe thats why Sheffer needed John out of the picture..So Marlena could marry Stefano..At least it looks like we will get a Marlena and Stefano story coming up..FINALLY...

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Kevc1980
Oct 15 2007, 06:11 PM
Fantastic ending..i'm so stoked for tomorrow..Wickednana just gave me a crazy idea..What if Marlena wanted to spare her daughter from marrying Ej, and offered to marry Stefano instead to end the vendetta? that would be an awesome twist..

I like it. We'd get a great Marlena story, we'd get Marlena paying back Stefano for all he's done to her, there would be interesting implications for the relationships between Marlena and Sami and EJ and Stefano. Really, this sort of storyline would be awesome. Which makes me think there's no way DOOL would do it. LOL. But with them keeping such a tight lid on spoilers we have no way of knowing they are NOT doing this I guess it's fun to be able to speculate about.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

That last segment made me teary eyed, especially Martha who IMO is rocking this material. Dee and Ali have been good, but not on Martha's level, at least not yet.

I can't give enough credit to Ed Scott and the 2 directors from Y&R who have made the show look so much more realistic. The look and feel of the show is top notch in daytime now. King, I don't find it silly at all what you said about the real police and ambulance making the scenes better. These minor details go a long way for me.

I really hope we get scenes where Marlena is calling people to tell them about John. That to me would be so hard to do in real life, so I hope I get to see some of that on the show. I also hope Brady is mentioned, but there is no way he wouldn't make it back for his own dad's funeral. Iwish DAYS could get Lowder back for a few eppies, B&B does still owe DAYS.

Tomorrow's eppy can't get here fast enough.....

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

The sorority stuff was cheesetastic, but gave just enough of an emotional break.

Love having Tony and Anna back. Loved Tony's response to Stefano something about a Book Deal or Movie of the week. lol
When EJ asked Stefano who killed Andre, the look on his face was as if he was annoyed and how dare EJ not to know it was "the old man, Shawn" I was lmao!

Loved the scenes in John's hospital room while the Dr was saying what was wrong with him, I think I posted that earlier so I will leave it out now.

Location! Location! Location! hey, it was outdoors, that is location for me. I loved the ambulance and police car.
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Brady, Carrie, Eric, Vivian?! Brady should have been the first word out of Marlena's mouth followed by the other family members. I thought maybe they would have Anna say she did or was going to call Carrie.
Also, liked the brief moment of interaction with Belle and Lucas. It was thoughtful of him to offer to find Shawn.
The praying had me in tears. I loved Dee and Martha together. I firmly believe Martha deserves a nom this year. She does fabulous with the emotional scenes. She is great at crying. I see her tears, they come down my face. I love her. :wub:

I also have to say I am tired of Sami crying. I don't know if it is me being annoyed, but Ali comes across as if she is just phoning in her faux-tears.

jcar03
Member Avatar

I hope they aren't lying about Marlena exact revenge. I'm hoping she will be kicking ass and taking names!

I agree Martha has been outstanding the last couple of days. I wish she would get recognition but I won't hold my breath.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

IMA and PR, I totally agree with your every word and see no reason to add much more.

I was happy that the flashbacks of the episode were from different angles and speeds. It was a traumatic scene and deserved more views of it.

I thought Stefano was holding a Pawn from his chess set at the end. He was calling John his Pawn, his greatest creation and then was holding a little suede pouch and drew out ... I think ... a Pawn. Maybe we'll learn for certain tomorrow.

Oh, I think we are also seeing more growth of Chelsea and did anyone get a spooky feeling when Ford walked off with the sweet "Cinderella" Cordy? I sure did and know we have that story coming up with mention already in spoilers...but no details.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Today's show was pretty good. Deidre and Martha were great today! I thought it was really neat that while the doctor was telling Marlena and Belle about John's injuries that it switched to Sami taping the annulment paper and we could still hear the doctor. Very well done.

Tomorrow is going to be so sad! The preview scene with Belle and John looks like a major tear jerker. :(

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Awesome episode, one of the best this year.

I'm going to miss these location scenes. I hope we get more of these. It really does add a realistic feel to the show and Salem as a town. We need more of these. I loved the use of the ambulance and police car with 'SALEM POLICE' written on the side. It would have been nice to see Abe or Roman get out of the car, but we can't have everything, right?

Marlena and Belle were breaking my heart today. Deidre Hall and Martha Madison brought it today. There were moments when Dee didn't have to say a word and she was on fire. This is what I was hoping to see on Friday, and knew I would see in the aftermath. I only know that her performance will only get better as the week moves along. Maybe Dee will finally submit her name for an Emmy pre-nom, because with material like this, she deserves at least a nomination, if not the win. Martha also could be placed in the supporting actress category. She is long over due for an Emmy, but not as much as Deidre.

I like that they finally gave Dr. Berman a name. I don't know if I would've chosen Miles. He doesn't really look like a Miles to me, but whatever. He looks more like a Ben or Ross.

Again, I don't even care about the Sami/EJ/Lucas drama. I'm so over these three that I really tune them out when watching the show. And that's a damn shame because EJ and Sami are a couple that I've been hoping to see for months now. <_<

However, I do like that they are showing EJ's cynical side a bit more now. The way he sounded pleased to know that John was run down. He looked like he was very satisfied. I missed that side of EJ and it's nice to see it again. I loved EJ's talk with Stefano about how his pawn stole his queen. It's like the writers have realized that fans were disappointed that there were no references to Stefano's history with John and Marlena, that now, they're starting to give it to us all at once. Again, <_<

Great to see Tony and Anna again. Today reminded me that Tony, the real Tony, has never met John before John, Marlena and Anna arrived on that island. John is Tony's half-brother, and they don't even know each other. It was great to see the writers address that because I really looked that over. Awesome job in that department. It's the little things like this that make me like the current writing. If only the story, as a whole, was this well kept.

I can't believe how much I really like the sorority storyline. It's nice to be able to enjoy Chelsea as an individual with Nick nowhere in sight. I really like Morgan, and Cordy is great too. Someone needs to change Ford's hairstyle. That really annoys me. :lol: I think that they're handling this story very well. It could really have a Saved by the Bell feel to it, but it doesn't, not for me.

I love Max and Morgan. I just wish that the writers would stop testing Max and Stephanie. No one wants to see the two together, and it's so much better to not have them together. Although I love Max and Morgan together, this is one of the reasons I don't want to become too invested in them. I just know that Morgan is only a prop that will be used to get Max and Stephanie together in the end, and that sucks.

MVPs today: Deidre Hall and Martha Madison for sure. I did like Thaao's performance as well as the torn DiMera.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

DrewHamilton
Oct 16 2007, 02:56 AM
However, I do like that they are showing EJ's cynical side a bit more now. The way he sounded pleased to know that John was run down. He looked like he was very satisfied. I missed that side of EJ and it's nice to see it again. I loved EJ's talk with Stefano about how his pawn stole his queen. It's like the writers have realized that fans were disappointed that there were no references to Stefano's history with John and Marlena, that now, they're starting to give it to us all at once. Again, <_<

I know what you mean! EJ was very happy without being obvious, but even he was in shock later to discover that Andre wasn't behind this innocent. I think EJ knew this was the turning point whereby Sami would realize that she made the wrong decision. He's got everything he wanted now.

PoisonIvy
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Oct 16 2007, 01:56 AM
Awesome episode, one of the best this year.

I'm going to miss these location scenes. I hope we get more of these. It really does add a realistic feel to the show and Salem as a town. We need more of these. I loved the use of the ambulance and police car with 'SALEM POLICE' written on the side. It would have been nice to see Abe or Roman get out of the car, but we can't have everything, right?

Marlena and Belle were breaking my heart today. Deidre Hall and Martha Madison brought it today. There were moments when Dee didn't have to say a word and she was on fire. This is what I was hoping to see on Friday, and knew I would see in the aftermath. I only know that her performance will only get better as the week moves along. Maybe Dee will finally submit her name for an Emmy pre-nom, because with material like this, she deserves at least a nomination, if not the win. Martha also could be placed in the supporting actress category. She is long over due for an Emmy, but not as much as Deidre.

I like that they finally gave Dr. Berman a name. I don't know if I would've chosen Miles. He doesn't really look like a Miles to me, but whatever. He looks more like a Ben or Ross.

Again, I don't even care about the Sami/EJ/Lucas drama. I'm so over these three that I really tune them out when watching the show. And that's a damn shame because EJ and Sami are a couple that I've been hoping to see for months now. <_<

Great to see Tony and Anna again. Today reminded me that Tony, the real Tony, has never met John before John, Marlena and Anna arrived on that island. John is Tony's half-brother, and they don't even know each other. It was great to see the writers address that because I really looked that over. Awesome job in that department. It's the little things like this that make me like the current writing. If only the story, as a whole, was this well kept.

I can't believe how much I really like the sorority storyline. It's nice to be able to enjoy Chelsea as an individual with Nick nowhere in sight. I really like Morgan, and Cordy is great too. Someone needs to change Ford's hairstyle. That really annoys me. :lol: I think that they're handling this story very well. It could really have a Saved by the Bell feel to it, but it doesn't, not for me.

I love Max and Morgan. I just wish that the writers would stop testing Max and Stephanie. No one wants to see the two together, and it's so much better to not have them together. Although I love Max and Morgan together, this is one of the reasons I don't want to become too invested in them. I just know that Morgan is only a prop that will be used to get Max and Stephanie together in the end, and that sucks.

MVPs today: Deidre Hall and Martha Madison for sure. I did like Thaao's performance as well as the torn DiMera.

Great post! I really agree with you - even the sorority scenes didn't bug me that much, and I'm really starting to like Morgan....which of course won't go anywhere since DAYS has proven time and again, once they have a couple in mind, they won't stray off course and give another a chance....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply