Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TVGuide Canada - DAYS
Topic Started: Oct 15 2007, 11:29 AM (879 Views)
ljacks13
Member Avatar

http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn.ca/The...lson.htm?isfa=1 :unsure:

Days of our Lives (Global/NBC) — Is Hogestyn really leaving Days?
If you’re not watching Days this week, then you’re not a real soap fan. This week, John Black dies after nearly 22 years of playing Marlena’s brainwashed true love. However, this is Days. And because the soap has burnt us before, I’m not completely convinced Drake Hogestyn is leaving the soap. When I asked a spokesperson if Drake was leaving the series, regardless if John Black was dead, she responded by saying, “As far as Drake goes, at this moment John's accident is fatal, however we ask that the viewers tune in, as you never know what will happen in Salem."

It’s clear Hogan Sheffer probably has a backup plan in case this sweeps stunt doesn’t work. FYI: Hogestyn’s contract does not expire until December. Either way, I’m told the aftermath of John’s death could net Deidre Hall (Marlena) not only an Emmy nomination, but also a win. The first soap I ever watched was Days, and it coincided with Hogestyn arrival on the soap. I fell in love with Marlena and John, so I have no doubt I’ll be buying stock in Kleenex this week.

Is James Scott daytime’s Lindsay Lohan? According to a newspaper report, a warrant has been issued for Scott’s “fiancée,” after the couple was caught sunbathing on a St. George Island beach in August. Meyghan Hill, 29, was cited Aug. 20, but Scott was let off with a warning because he’s not an American citizen. After failing to pay the fine, a warrant was issued for Scott’s other half. And Sami thought she had it bad.

In story news, Sami finally goes into labour — and I expect one of her twins will be named John (and Roman?) in true soap fashion.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Thanks for posting. I can't help but think that the show is just making these "you never know what will happen in Salem" statements to keep certain viewers around after John dies. I think it's a shameless attempt to cover up the fact that Drake is really gone.

thereyougo

ljacks13
Oct 15 2007, 11:29 AM
http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn.ca/The...lson.htm?isfa=1 :unsure:

Days of our Lives (Global/NBC) — Is Hogestyn really leaving Days?
When I asked a spokesperson if Drake was leaving the series, regardless if John Black was dead, she responded by saying, “As far as Drake goes, at this moment John's accident is fatal, however we ask that the viewers tune in, as you never know what will happen in Salem."

I'm sure they know they're going to lose even more viewers with this latest stunt so they're going to throw out all kinds of innuendos hoping viewers will hang around. Not working with me and those I know off the net. John's funeral is our last day as a Days viewer. :soapbox:

thereyougo

Ellie
Oct 15 2007, 11:35 AM
Thanks for posting. I can't help but think that the show is just making these "you never know what will happen in Salem" statements to keep certain viewers around after John dies. I think it's a shameless attempt to cover up the fact that Drake is really gone.

:cheers: I just posted basically the same thing. :bs:

aMLCproduction
Member Avatar
Prince

What the fuc, a stunt. They may bring him back. What the hell Hogan. And Ed is allowing this to happen. I swear this will back fire and if they bring John back from the dead I swear on dad's grave, rest his souls, I am done with Days for good. I mean that shit this time. And people say LML is bad Give me a fucking break.

All this for an Emmy nomination and win. I will not partake in this bull shit. :flipoff: :soapbox: :moon:

Sephora
Unregistered

Thanks for posting. I'm irritated on so many levels over this. The implication that John's death might not really be a death, the crazy idea that Sheffer might have a back up plan (sure, whatever), and the James Scott/Lindsay Lohan comment. That was freakin uncalled for.
Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

thereyougo
Oct 15 2007, 12:42 PM
Ellie
Oct 15 2007, 11:35 AM
Thanks for posting. I can't help but think that the show is just making these "you never know what will happen in Salem" statements to keep certain viewers around after John dies.  I think it's a shameless attempt to cover up the fact that Drake is really gone.

:cheers: I just posted basically the same thing. :bs:

LOL! :cheers:

thereyougo

aMLCproduction
Oct 15 2007, 12:03 PM
What the fuc, a stunt. They may bring him back. What the hell Hogan. And Ed is allowing this to happen. I swear this will back fire and if they bring John back from the dead I swear on dad's grave, rest his souls, I am done with Days for good. I mean that shit this time. And people say LML is bad Give me a fucking break.

All this for an Emmy nomination and win. I will not partake in this bull shit. :flipoff: :soapbox: :moon:

I doubt they'll bring him back, the show is on life support it is preparing for cancellation I doubt very seriously that Drake will return. They're just hoping viewers will hang around hoping he'll return and they'll all of a sudden begin to enjoy the trash that is now Days of Sami Lives.

Hypnotoad

I have yet to add my 2-cents to this whole ordeal about Drake, John and the death.

Well, as a true and true J/M fan I'm stunned that the character of John is being killed off. And I'm disapointed that it is by a hit-and-run of all things. Not the most heroic death for our resident hero.

Despite that, I do not agree with fellow fans who think that Drake and John's exit will result in a ratings free-fall. I also don't see this as a stunt. The show has floundered without John and Marlena at the forefront for nearly 10 years and, in the regards, John was dead the minute he made out with Princess Gina (really, his last storyline). I think this is the type of twist, turn or shock that a static, stable and downright predictable soap like DAYS needs. And because of that I value the message that it sends more then the actual content.

I will miss John but I will not miss a minute of DAYS from here on in, if I can help it. I do not remember a time when I was this interested in the happenings of DAYS without a single shred of sarcasm, or forced-enjoyment. The show is just A+ right now and I'm willing to watch the new direction.

Glory Monty went down in soap history as a saviour at GH for doing exactly what DAYS is doing now. This is a huge shake-up. For better or worse, at least the s how is trying and not rolling over (like it has done for the past, oh, 10 years).

EDITED TO ADD:
I don't think this is a fake death or a stunt. If I'm wrong I'll be mildly pleased. But I do think this is the real deal.

Ellie

aMLCproduction
Oct 15 2007, 01:03 PM

I would go a little further than "Ed is allowing this to happen". It may very well be his doing.

aMLCproduction
Member Avatar
Prince

Alls I'm saying I am not mad John is leaving. Bye Bitch Love ya, But just don't bring him back. What would be the point in killing him off. If he's dead leave him dead. I think it would have been even better if they could have tied John's death to this Diemra Brady feud, this could have been a great story for Marlena. Hogan need to go get going and be gone.

Jonatha

aMLCproduction
Oct 15 2007, 12:49 PM
Alls I'm saying I am not mad John is leaving. Bye Bitch Love ya, But just don't bring him back. What would be the point in killing him off. If he's dead leave him dead. I think it would have been even better if they could have tied John's death to this Diemra Brady feud, this could have been a great story for Marlena. Hogan need to go get going and be gone.

I think Days is on its way to cancellation, John's 'death' is a PR stunt, and John will return during the last episodes. In the meantime I think it's going to be Marlena vs. Stefano, the 'Kill Bill' scenario that has been mentioned. Marlena most probably will win in the end and accidentally meet up with John at the pier and as the two embrace and stare off into the sunset, the final credits will roll.

Dragonish1
Member Avatar

Thanks! LMAO @ Scott's GF. Pay the fine. It is really not that high. :moon:

Mason

I don't think I've ever seen a more negative thread. <_<

peaches179

Mason AKA Hogan
Oct 15 2007, 02:03 PM

ICAM!

King
Member Avatar

I think it's good news/hinting.

I wanted John to die err "die" and still have Drake stay. I'm happy. Haha.

Anna
Member Avatar

Mason AKA Hogan

Same here sheesh <_< . Personally I'll be overjoyed if Drake's not gone :)

Days4Life
Unregistered

Uncle Jonny
Oct 15 2007, 12:38 PM
I have yet to add my 2-cents to this whole ordeal about Drake, John and the death.

Well, as a true and true J/M fan I'm stunned that the character of John is being killed off. And I'm disapointed that it is by a hit-and-run of all things. Not the most heroic death for our resident hero.

Despite that, I do not agree with fellow fans who think that Drake and John's exit will result in a ratings free-fall. I also don't see this as a stunt. The show has floundered without John and Marlena at the forefront for nearly 10 years and, in the regards, John was dead the minute he made out with Princess Gina (really, his last storyline). I think this is the type of twist, turn or shock that a static, stable and downright predictable soap like DAYS needs. And because of that I value the message that it sends more then the actual content.

I will miss John but I will not miss a minute of DAYS from here on in, if I can help it. I do not remember a time when I was this interested in the happenings of DAYS without a single shred of sarcasm, or forced-enjoyment. The show is just A+ right now and I'm willing to watch the new direction.

Glory Monty went down in soap history as a saviour at GH for doing exactly what DAYS is doing now. This is a huge shake-up. For better or worse, at least the s how is trying and not rolling over (like it has done for the past, oh, 10 years).

EDITED TO ADD:
I don't think this is a fake death or a stunt. If I'm wrong I'll be mildly pleased. But I do think this is the real deal.

I love you! And I agree...DAYS needs a shake-up and this could be the beginning of a turn-around. Despite the tragedy of John's death (and so much negativity all over the Internet), I'm feeling positive right now. The show feels different...the energy is back or something...it's hard to explain.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason AKA Hogan

I agree. It's horrible.

This gives hope to Drake fans but it also gives hope to fans of the show as a whole that this story has alot for us to look forward too.

They didn't give us alot but they gave us enough hints to really get you into what is to come. From the way the person at Goldderby described this edition, I thought we were getting some official word or something :lol:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Nothing new. I wish we'd get a damn confirmation though. I'd hate to get my hopes up that John is still alive, or that Drake will remain with the show, only to be told otherwise.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply