Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Tuesday, Oct. 16; Have the Kleenex handy...
Topic Started: Oct 16 2007, 02:22 AM (1,709 Views)
daysfan
Member Avatar

Oh goodness, this episode was such a damn tearjerker. I don't think I have been so moved by a Days episode in so many years.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I only caught the last 15 minutes. I have to say that while this storyline is very well written, and the actors are pulling out their bests, I'm not really saddened by the episodes. Maybe it's because I'm not really a crier. The last time I cried watching a soap was when Cassie flatlined on Y&R while Nadia's theme played in the background and Nicholas and Sharon pretty much colapsed on her body. I was hoping while watching the preview clip for tomorrow's show, we'd get something like that, but we don't. Sadly.

King
Member Avatar

The chowder line was so cute.

I have to watch this at work so I feel like I am not getting its full emotional impact. Haha. Also, I just got home, and my satellite was apparently freaking out for the first twenty minutes b/c it's all botched up. I'll have to re-record tomorrow on Soapnet!

That convo about Claire and Rigley Field is gutwrenching!

King
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Oct 16 2007, 03:10 PM
I only caught the last 15 minutes. I have to say that while this storyline is very well written, and the actors are pulling out their bests, I'm not really saddened by the episodes. Maybe it's because I'm not really a crier. The last time I cried watching a soap was when Cassie flatlined on Y&R while Nadia's theme played in the background and Nicholas and Sharon pretty much colapsed on her body. I was hoping while watching the preview clip for tomorrow's show, we'd get something like that, but we don't. Sadly.

It's that realistic but over the top drama that DAYS really needs back. We are slowly getting it, but they have to push it! The directing has been good though. It's mind boggling to think about how lazy the directing has been the last few years.

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

OMG I feel like crying right now. Martha Madison and Deidre Hall are amazing today. Just heartbreaking. :(

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I have just been reading reviews online of people about today's and tomorrow's show and I am :( . I don't even like the character of John Black and I have this feeling when I get home tonight I am going to be balling my eyes out.

The college stuff seems out of place for me with the tone of the rest of the show. I get that it is in there for a bit of an emotional break. I actually wish that it was just Chelsea and those girls...No 2 year old Stephanie. I also like Chelsea now without being all wishy washy with Nick and Jett. Still probably only going to see these scenes if I watch the show live instead of my DVR, but they aren't completely unwatchable.

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

PoisonIvy
Oct 16 2007, 01:49 PM
Marlena and Belle are just heartbreaking.  As someone who's lost a loved one in similar circumstances, it just pulls me back and it really makes me so sad for them.  The scenes are played perfectly IMO. I hate that they're inserting EJ/Lucas/Sami into this at all, and this is from someone who loves EJami.  Every time I see Sami cry about the vendetta and turning this back into all about her, I cringe.  Hogan is clueless. 

Same here. Argh! <_<

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Oct 16 2007, 03:10 PM
. The last time I cried watching a soap was when Cassie flatlined on Y&R while Nadia's theme played in the background and Nicholas and Sharon pretty much colapsed on her body.

I was a mess when that happened. Couldn't even describe it.
I am as upset with this storyline, but I think with this show they are draging this death out for all they can.

I do hope we get something like what Y&R did or just as gut wrenching tomorrow.

jcar03
Member Avatar

King
Oct 16 2007, 12:28 PM
Am I the only one who likes this Morgan girl and the actress who plays her? I hate to say it, but this is one Hoagie newbie I really like.

OMG! Drake. :wub: This is like Suzanne Rogers all over again. I really don't want him to go.

Dee is bringing it!!!

You aren't the only one. I really like Morgan. I think the best new character in a LONG time. I can't even remember a newbie that didn't make me cringe in a long time.

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

I am shocked, but I really like this Morgan girl, too. She and Max seem to have good chemistry. :)

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Add me in to those who are really liking Morgan..I had a huge smile on my face during the morgan and max date scenes..But quickly that smile turned to tears when the john drama returned..It was like Days was toying with my emotions..

I only saw the first 15 minutes, then had to go to work..I'll watch the rest later..But the standout scene for me so far was Belle and Sami, talking about their memories of John and how John wanted to take Claire to a Cubs game..That was some heartbreaking stuff and great dialog..

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Quote:

But the standout scene for me so far was Belle and Sami, talking about their memories of John and how John wanted to take Claire to a Cubs game..That was some heartbreaking stuff and great dialog..

That kind of bugged me but just a little bit - John has always been a Yankees fan. Well, I'm nitpicking but if Drake didn't pick up on it, then it's okay.

King
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Oct 16 2007, 05:27 PM
Quote:

But the standout scene for me so far was Belle and Sami, talking about their memories of John and how John wanted to take Claire to a Cubs game..That was some heartbreaking stuff and great dialog..

That kind of bugged me but just a little bit - John has always been a Yankees fan. Well, I'm nitpicking but if Drake didn't pick up on it, then it's okay.

Really??

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I read that on the Salem Place boards. Whenever John talked about baseball, it was always about the Yankees. It was because Drake Hoegstyn played in the Yankees farm system.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I read that too but I guess it can be said that the Cubs are like the hometown team so maybe that is why he wants Claire to be a fan. It's easier to see a Cubs game since they are in closer proximity so that could be the reasoning I guess.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I enjoyed this episode as anticipated. But, I have to mention, DAYS is leaving out many critical details. For instance, who contacted Brady to tell him about all of this? No one unless I missed something. I did miss a little here and there, but I didn't see Roman at the hospital, either. I was hoping John's "death" would be the major story for this year, but I don't see it happening. It is tragic and sad because he is/was a leading character, but if it was anyone else in this exact story, it wouldn't have been anything major worth mentioning.

King
Member Avatar

I never remember DAYS ever mentioning a sports team before so I dunno. Haha.

I think the line of the day for me was: "Tonight will be good." - John. UGH! :(

jcar03
Member Avatar

They have mentioned sports teams before and they are always Chicago teams. Just a few weeks ago Max mentioned the Bears.

Also, people are slowly but surely finding out about John's accident. Belle called Hope today but Bo and Hope didn't show up at the hospital yet. Yesterday Marlena mentioned Roman. I do hope they deal with Carrie and Brady's absence. It can be as simple as their plane was delayed or something since I do believe both are living out of the country.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I was just going by someone else's post at Salem Place; I certainly don't remember any of it. :)

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

King
Oct 16 2007, 07:42 PM
I think the line of the day for me was: "Tonight will be good." - John. UGH! :(

Yeah! :(

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply