Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PGP Soaps Get Huge Makeovers; Permanant Outdoor Sets, and 4 Wall Sets
Topic Started: Oct 16 2007, 02:17 PM (905 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Quote:

CBS said starting next year it will use small, handheld cameras, no sets and no scripts, with just notes for the cast to follow.

I don't know what to think :o

Are they going to fire all the script/dialogue writers to save even more money?

Okay Martha, You just found out Holden cheated on Lily play it like you would in real life.

Add libing may work well and be easy for the vets but I worry about the younger ones.

This will either be really really good or really really bad.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

bellcurve
Oct 20 2007, 09:58 PM
HOLY FUCK!

:o Holy fuck is right.

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

SteveFrame
Oct 20 2007, 09:05 PM
Here is another quote from an article. Something in this surprises the shit out of me and I will comment about it.

Quote:

Guiding Hills? CBS has a wacky plan to rejuvenate the tumbling ratings of its 70-year-old afternoon soap, The Guiding Light. Looking at the huge success of MTV's The Hills, CBS said starting next year it will use small, handheld cameras, no sets and no scripts, with just notes for the cast to follow.

http://www.thestar.com/Television/HotBox/article/268407

It says no scripts - just notes for the cast to follow. Now this only says this part about GL but I bet they mean ATWT too. Are they going to cut the script writers completely.

The sets thing might be okay, but no scripts. Sure GL and ATWT have some talented actors but I don't see this as good at all.

Again, this is what they do on Friday Night Lights, my favorite show and what many critics call the best show on TV. Forget about the comparison to The Hills. The stories will still be plotted out, but there will be more room to improvise. I imagine Liz Hubbard is going to rock with this as will many of the ATWT cast.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply