Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBC fires Annamarie Kostura; Vice president of daytime programming
Topic Started: Oct 16 2007, 04:41 PM (1,279 Views)
OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

According to SON.

SON
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

I wouldn't mind if somewhere it was confirmed that there's a replacement lined up. But since it doesn't...:unsure:

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I don't think they are going to replace her.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

There's rumors going around that NBC isn't looking to fill that position, which is worrisome for Days. However, as long as Zucker is still running things at NBC-Universal, it's always worrisome.

King
Member Avatar

Dannnnng.

If the position is done away with, that is bad, bad news.

Mason
Member Avatar

This really doesn't worry me, though. We already know once 2009 hits, NBC's dropping DAYS, I don't really think anything at this point short of a miracle will change it, so in a way, this really can't make the situation any more dire than it already is.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Good point Mason. What I'm worried about is whether or not NBC will just decide to drop Days right before or right after the 2008 Summer Olympics.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I think it's a foregone conclusion the situation is dire. I mean, if a replacement is named, then that is a good sign but still I'm not optimistic anymore and that says alot because I always am.

I do think there is a good possibility that Days can end up on Soapnet or something. I think that is all we can hope for at this point. That it airs somewhere after 2009.

King
Member Avatar

I could live with DAYS on Soapnet.

NBC really is run by morons.

Their daytime ratings suck. Its primetime ratings (mostly) suck. It used to be great, but not anymore. Seinfeld is gone. Friends, Will & Grace, Frasier. E.R. will soon be gone.

It's not just DAYS that should be praying for a miracle. It's all of NBC.

bellcurve
Unregistered

OneBadKitty
Oct 16 2007, 04:50 PM
Good point Mason. What I'm worried about is whether or not NBC will just decide to drop Days right before or right after the 2008 Summer Olympics.

This is what I've been saying for MONTHS! I'm glad someone else isn't seeing this through rose-colored glasses. I think March 2009 is even pushing it.

I could very well see the affiliates, whether or not NBC keeps DAYS, dropping it before the 2008 Olympics. That puts DAYS in a bad situation: if affiliates aren't airing the show, ad rates drop, which means the budget drops too, meaning NBC and Sony/Corday won't be able to absorb the cost of production without major, massive cast cuts all at once.

Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I actually think the fact that primetime is suffering too is actually taking some focus off Days. I mean, I have already read rumors that NBC is begging ER to stay on the air even thought they want to go off on their own. I know NBC would never beg Days to stay but if it can become somewhat profitable I think NBC may take it with the poor state it's in. Unfortunately, the only way I can see NBC keeping Days is if it's around 2.5 and if it undergoes further cuts and that might mean there will be nothing left, at least nothing left anyone wants to see.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Raymond, if I'm not mistaken (where is Steve when you need him, LOL) September was when NBC could legally say yes we are dropping the show, you need to move it, or no we're not dropping it.

So based on that (and I'm not even sure if it's accurate) NBC could very well dump the show at any time, which is why the Olympic coverage concerns me.

aMLCproduction
Member Avatar
Prince

AMEN it's not just Days, NBC is shitty as a whole network. I dont think Days will even make to 2009

King
Member Avatar

Only three shows have held the Thursday at 10:00 PM slot in THIRTY YEARS! That's an amazing feat, but NBC will definitely not be as lucky next year to bring a show on to have the magic ER, LA Law, and Hill Street Blues (I think) had. NBC has lost its magic across the board, I think. NBC should be really grateful for the Office and Heroes (on the decline?).

aMLCproduction
Member Avatar
Prince

I beleve so King. It's sad when NBC only has ONE show in the top 20 and its no 18 i think with Deal or No Deal with a 8.0(based on ratings of Oct 14)

daysfan
Member Avatar

This is horrible news.

Of course this only puts another nail in the coffin. Quite frankly, I could tell Days wouldn't last when Passions was cancelled and Zucker made the announcement. And this was before the ratings free fall.

Days budget is no doubt tight, I mean with the low ratings and being at the bottom of the ratings.

And this just makes things worse. I want to be positive, but I can't anymore. Days is gone.

:(

Ridge
Member Avatar

King
Oct 16 2007, 05:00 PM
I could live with DAYS on Soapnet.

NBC really is run by morons.

Their daytime ratings suck. Its primetime ratings (mostly) suck. It used to be great, but not anymore. Seinfeld is gone. Friends, Will & Grace, Frasier. E.R. will soon be gone.

It's not just DAYS that should be praying for a miracle. It's all of NBC.

IA Mike. I haven't watched anything on NBC but Heroes since Friends came off the air (and DAYS of course). The fall of NBC has been universal across the board from daytime to primetime, at least for this viewer.

aMLCproduction
Member Avatar
Prince

WOW even from long time hopefuls like you Days Fan, Even PR05 have really given up. I think I have too. Lord We need a miracle. Please Fire Hogan

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Firing Hogan won't accomplish nothing. It would mean another transition and the show can't survive that either.

The only thing I think any of us can do is hope for the best and enjoy the show, that is those that still find enjoyment in it. I still remain confident the show will find a new home. I just have given up on staying with NBC.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Yeah NBC is really hurting..I would say their only hits are Sunday Night Football, Heroes, and The Office..With Bionic Woman having potential, if it can keep up its ratings...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply