Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: IWBASS Winner Chosen!
Topic Started: Oct 16 2007, 10:56 PM (1,363 Views)
King
Member Avatar

I don't think they said that she'd be related to anyone. She probably won't be. LOL.

I'm not sure how old Jimena or Ashlee are. I don't think the judges were allowed to know that stuff.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jcar03
Member Avatar

Ashlee is 28 and Jimena is 29. I'm sure the judges knew all the info about the contestants. I think just about all of them were in their mid to late twenties.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ugh, I was furious when she was chosen!

Every year, the judges make such shitty choices, and then the one year that they seem to be favoring the better performer (Jimena), they decide to throw in viewer votes as a deciding factor to fuck it all to hell.

Jimena is so raw and real. Her performances were just... God! It's as if she wasn't even acting, whereas with Ashlee, you could tell that she was always putting on a show rather than letting it really flow. I also hate her voice, and the way she speaks too fast in scenes where (IMO) she should be slowing it down.

Oh well. It's only 13 weeks and she won't be on any longer, with any luck.

For anyone who hasn't seen the show, here's a clip from the Final 3 show.

[dohtml]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JL2Q51RxvjQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JL2Q51RxvjQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/dohtml]

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I didn't get to watch any of this season. But after watching the clip Kenny just posted, and that alone, Ashlee seems to be the one that I could see on DAYS more than the other 2.

I can't wait to find out who she is. I wonder if she'll be involved in the Salem U storyline. It won't surprise me if she is cast as Jett's love interest. A black female? Lets automatically pair her with our other black character. <_< She could be related to Abe and Lexie. That's one way to go. She could also be involved in the storyline involving China Lee's kids. Maybe she is their real mother, who had them at a very young age.

Kenny
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Oct 17 2007, 12:43 AM
I didn't get to watch any of this season. But after watching the clip Kenny just posted, and that alone, Ashlee seems to be the one that I could see on DAYS more than the other 2.

I can't wait to find out who she is. I wonder if she'll be involved in the Salem U storyline. It won't surprise me if she is cast as Jett's love interest. A black female? Lets automatically pair her with our other black character. <_< She could be related to Abe and Lexie. That's one way to go. She could also be involved in the storyline involving China Lee's kids. Maybe she is their real mother, who had them at a very young age.

You should've seen Jimena when she played the "father dying" scene. It didn't even seem like she was acting. She looked so torn apart and emotionally deflated, it was unreal! She had Mary Beth Evans in full on snotty tears. She had to get up and walk away! Even Michael Bruno and Hogan Sheffer had tears in their eyes.

King
Member Avatar

That scene is on the Soapnet site for episode six! You should definitely watch it if you haven't. Jimena rocked!

I just don't get why they'd pick anyone over Jimena.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Oh! I don't think that Ashlee will be playing a neice/sister/whatever of Abe and Lexie's.

I mean, think about it. She starts Friday, which means that the scripts and story has already been written and planned. If Jimena had won, it wouldn't have made sense for her to be the neice/sister/whatever of Abe and Lexie, because she's a latino girl, whereas Abe and Lexie are black folks.

So, since it has already been planned and written, I'm thinking that Hogan wrote the part very generalized so that no matter who won, either actress could've jumped into the role and it would've made sense.

It'll probably be a new character, not a recast or anything... and probably not a relative to any Salemite, IMO.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

As with everything that has to do with Days lately, I am very disappointed.

Kenny I was amazed at Jimena too. I could so see her as EJ's tango instructor or any number of parts. She is exotic and really quite good.

Ashlee did always seem so calculating in her acting to me. It was a "performance" nothing real going on.

It figures that once again, Days is just a letdown...even in this. I wonder how HS will use her to prop Sami/Lumi as it seems that is his number one job as HW?

Kenny
Member Avatar

Oh, here's a link to the clip of one of Jimena's fabulous performances. Her father dying! She has so much pain in her voice, and then there's Ashlee just blabbing on and on.

http://soapnet.go.com/shows/soapstar4/vide...406_sotw_03.flv

And another good performance... working with a baby! She's so natural!

http://soapnet.go.com/shows/soapstar4/vide...performance.flv

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I am so bummed.

I am so sick of Sami lately I was hoping Jimena could play a character to date EJ at least for a while. I just really liked her.

Now I am totally terrified Ashlee will be cast as a love interest for Jett. DOOL is really ripping my heart out this week.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 16 2007, 11:55 PM
Oh! I don't think that Ashlee will be playing a neice/sister/whatever of Abe and Lexie's.

I mean, think about it. She starts Friday, which means that the scripts and story has already been written and planned. If Jimena had won, it wouldn't have made sense for her to be the neice/sister/whatever of Abe and Lexie, because she's a latino girl, whereas Abe and Lexie are black folks.

So, since it has already been planned and written, I'm thinking that Hogan wrote the part very generalized so that no matter who won, either actress could've jumped into the role and it would've made sense.

It'll probably be a new character, not a recast or anything... and probably not a relative to any Salemite, IMO.

I could see the character being Chloe's roommate or friend or something that comes back with her to Salem.

But then again, Kenny, do we know how much fan voting played into the final tally?

Because if the judges voting still counted more and they knew they were picking Ashlee they could have been writing the part for her since July or whenever it was that they stopped taping.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I just saw the scene you all were referring to with Jimena in the death bed scene. She was rather good in that scene. I also liked her work during the drunk scenes, and the baby scenes. She plays emotion very well. She has that raw emotion that many current young daytime actors are missing. However, I just can't see Jimena on DAYS.

Ashlee, I could see on DAYS. I think she has the DAYS look and feel. I think she is a decent actress with a lot of room to grow and improve if given the chance.

I'm confused now. Does Ashlee start taping this Friday, or does she start airing this Friday?

Either way, I'm pretty sure that the writers create several characters when the final 3 or 4 are chosen to accomodate who's remaining. I remember back in the second season with Alec. He came onto the show as Del Henry. That was the role they had planned for him. If I remember correctly, there was another African American actor that was in the final 3 or 4 as well. What would they have done if he had won? That is why I'm sure they have several roles already created for the remaining contestants.

So yes, this could be an actual role that the show thought out, which could be Abe and Lexie's relative. It doesn't necessarily have to be a new character.

King
Member Avatar

Oh god. She probably will be a friend of Chloe's! LOL!

Nadia and Brandon were there tonight.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

King
Oct 17 2007, 12:40 AM
Oh god. She probably will be a friend of Chloe's! LOL!

Nadia and Brandon were there tonight.

Are you a friend of Chloe?

King
Member Avatar

Kinda! LOL!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Jimena was raw and, my God, she was fantastic in the death scene. She was my fave but she did have a personality in real life that was quite a turn off. Even tonight, her mannerisms and facial expressions came off snotty. She acted like a diva at times and I wonder if that played in a role in this. I also think fans were swayed by Ashley being a single mom and all. But, on the other hand, Jimena had a sob story about always being rejected, being from another country, etc.

Drew is right in that Ashley is more Days-like. We'll see how it goes. I liked both of them. Alot may depend on the character.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I did think that Jimena did really well in the death scene. Other than that I didn't like her much though. I didn't like Ashlee that much either though. I wanted Travis or Justin to win.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I think they wanted a girl from the get go because guys has pretty much reigned supreme.

Travis was my fave but I had a feeling he wouldn't last. He was one of those people who knows they are good at something and expects to coast at times and it didn't work. He flopped because he didn't bring it all the time.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 17 2007, 01:34 AM
I think they wanted a girl from the get go because guys has pretty much reigned supreme.

Travis was my fave but I had a feeling he wouldn't last. He was one of those people who knows they are good at something and expects to coast at times and it didn't work. He flopped because he didn't bring it all the time.

Actually I didn't see Travis as having not brought it in the death scene. I thought he was actually the only one who followed the acting coach's notes before the scene to not be too over the top in the scene.

And damn, I already thought he was the hottest guy in this contest before but with his hair grown out on the finale tonight I swear he looked like Guy Pearce. HOT! Too bad this show is such a sausage fest already there was no room for him.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Your right, IMA. He did follow the notes that pertained to him. He was told to be real and to not force it. Well, he chose to play it stoic and with some anger, that is if I remember correctly, and it came off one note and the judges reacted accordingly. I guess saying he didn't bring it was the wrong choice of words. It's probably better to say his approach was all wrong but the others' approaches weren't great either. Jimena was the only one who affected me really. Travis had been wildly inconsistent before that. The first week he was good, second week bad, third week good, and then this.

Thinking about this now and seeing it in recaps tonight, it reminded me of what we are watching play out on Days right now :(

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply