Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Wed Oct 17 (US) - Tues Oct 16 (Can) - GOLD!; Hall knocks it OUT of the park!!
Topic Started: Oct 17 2007, 02:36 AM (2,653 Views)
Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

Why can't I stop crying. Not only the acting of everyone, but I see their own personal feelings coming out in the final scene. This is way to much. Can't take the flatline. Poor John. May he RIP.

Oh I have to shut it off before the whining of the Vendetta begins.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

LOL at Morgan busting Stephanie for her spying on her date with Max. Oh I flove her! Grrrrrr at another rape storyline from this show that will undoubtedly be screwed up and will involve even more violence against and victimization of women on this show. Where is the romance?

Nick and Artemis and Demarquette and Jeremy... wow I actually missed them. And MAGGIE! OMG Maggie! I just wish we had got more Maggie-Jeremy interaction before this episode. Good luck in your career, Trevor Donovan.

Bo's speech about being brothers broke my heart, as did John's joke about Bo getting in time with his wife, as did Hope's reaction to everything, as did Kate's interaction with John as did Marlena's joke about Kate being the one to wake him up and him saying it takes Marlena to keep him. Oh the hurt just keeps on coming.

Why was Bo flashing back to what happened before John got shot before he stuck Stefano with the needle? The storylines triggered by the Dec. 29 episode were obnoxious enough the first time and killed ratings once already. Why exactly did TPTB think we needed to relive them?

Stefano's line about Chelsea's driving? Oh SNAP! Normally I come down on the DiMera side when the Bradys break the law to attack them, but after that line I was definitely OK with Bo sticking a needle in Stefano.

LOVED the lighting with everything dark except Marlena's face as she was telling him to close his eyes and rest. "Yeah. I'm gonna miss you." HEARTBREAKING. "You are the great love of my life" OH this hurts!

Dammit why are Bo and Hope and Steve and Kayla and Lucas and Sami there watching this?! Belle being there makes sense but the rest should be gone. "daddy" Oh Martha I wish I could hug you.

As someone who could care less about Lucas and Sami's pain over their marriage breaking up but is HUGELY DEPRESSED over John's death I am soooooo angry that the episode where John dies ends with Lumi angst and just the way they have weaved this into this storyline. So this is how the feud resolution is "very costly" for Sami? She has to divorce the husband to whom she lies about the intimate moments she shares with EJ and marry him because of the death of the step-dad whom she hated from like the time she was 15 until an episode before he slipped into a coma 10 months ago? They killed John Black for Lumi angst? Seriously?!? They can't mention Brady or Eric or Carrie once as they count down the minutes until John leaves them yet they have to keep throwing this crap about oh no Sami has to divorce Lucas because John died in our faces?! Unbelievable. Marlena is losing her soul mate and Belle is losing her dad, yet the show ends with SAMI's pain over losing her crappy marriage to Lucas, as if her suffering is anywhere near equivalent to theirs. Oh I could spit nails I am so livid.

Lucas was an idiot for taking her back on the rebound when they never worked in the past and Sami, I have no sympathy for you, when us viewers have got to see you sharing intimate moments with EJ and lying to Lucas about them... oh and now you whine about this is all your fault? Funny... where were your tears when John getting hooked on drugs was actually your fault?!?! Sami just comes across so phony crying over John. And not just because of the past, but because the last time John was seriously hurt, Sami's fears about Lucas dumping her took precedence over her actually coming forward with information that may have helped them catch his shooter. Ugh. It's so maddening.

Thanks for making me hate Sami Brady, Hogan. Really appreciate that.

King
Member Avatar

I can't believe this is Days of Our lives!

How is this the same show as Tropical Temptation, Iraq, and the Garden of Eden? I'm really in awe.

:wub: Suzanne and Lauren!

Drake was great today. I can't forget him.

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

Alright, when Morgan said she thought it was weird when she saw Steph spying outside of Brady pub, why didn't she say that's my grandparents?!
Stupid writers, I would hate for you to acknowledge that Max and Steph are FAMILY!

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I might get a speeding ticket or 2 on the way home from work just by reading all these awesome comments about the show. DAYS better get some recognition from all of this goddamnit.

Days4Life
Unregistered

Nixsoaps
Oct 17 2007, 02:12 PM
Alright, when Morgan said she thought it was weird when she saw Steph spying outside of Brady pub, why didn't she say that's my grandparents?!
Stupid writers, I would hate for you to acknowledge that Max and Steph are FAMILY!

Annoying, isn't it? Yesterday was worse--Max was telling Morgan about all the trashy girls he used to bring home and Morgan made a comment something like "Stephanie must have been a breath of fresh air"---like Max's parents didn't know Stephanie until she started dating Max! Very weird.

Today was a heartbreaker. Marlena's last line to John..."I'll see you in forever"...I think that's going to haunt me. All the good-byes were extremely sad but that last scene with everything dark except for Marlena's face was just perfect. The acting, the lighting, the dialogue...perfection.

Quote Post Goto Top

daysfan
Member Avatar

This episode has been fabulous so far. SO MANY people are on, so many beloved people.

I too will miss Trevor a bit, he has improved.

But as great as these Stefano/Bo scenes are right now...why is Stefano back in the hospital again? And I mean on a bed and in a robe. Did something happen?

King
Member Avatar

They keep throwing Stefano back in the hospital It never has any rhyme or reason. It's really bad writing.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Just let Stefano die already. I love Joe but I'm sick of this story. Stefano is not even scary and sinister anymore, he's pathetic.

Days4Life
Unregistered

Salem PD found evidence at the site of John's accident so apparently they are going to solve this hit and run. I just have a bad feeling it's going to be a Brady.

Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

They couldn't solve a puzzle with six pieces so this is progress!!

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

King
Oct 17 2007, 02:32 PM
They keep throwing Stefano back in the hospital It never has any rhyme or reason. It's really bad writing.

Are they really that lazy to throw in a line about the fact that Stefano could still be recovering from his so called liver transplant? Maybe the doctors would wanna check up on him? It is pretty lazy.

Forgot to add that Ed Scott did wonders for the lighting in today's episode. I shudder at the thought of it what had been like if Wyman was still in charge. :puke:

daysfan
Member Avatar

Wonderful episode. The last scene with John/Marlena was beautifully done in all ways. Production, writing, and acting. So so emotional. Goodbye John Black, I was never a big fan of you but I will say for a moment I breifly began to love you again in your last scene. :(

Only problem was ending with Lumi, ugh.

As for Stefano being in the hospital I just don't get it. One episode he's out, then a few episodes later he's back in.

King
Member Avatar

I really thought at the last J/M scene, I can't believe I'm saying this about DAYS, but the lighting was almost TOO DARK, but then I thought it was perfect for those dreary, dark, depressing hospital rooms.

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

I forgot.
When Bo told John he was just as much a Brady as he was. :(
Great job by whomever wrote that in there.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm watching now. I had to tape it due to classes.

Peter Reckell actually got to me after those John and Bo scenes. And afterwards, when Bo walked out of the room, and recalled the night they sent John to go after EJ instead of Bo. I think that the flashback was necessary and well-placed. John had listened to Marlena and gave up on the whole police work upon her urging. If Bo hadn't been called away, John would have never gotten involved and been shot, which pretty much got him more invovled in this vendetta. So yeah, Bo thinks it's his fault and I loved that.

Ah, a nice little final homeage to the John/Marlena/Kate triangle. :(

Seeing everyone invovled, the three major supercouples all in one room. Why in the hell does it take the death of John Black for us to finally get a storyline where they're all involved? :angry:

Billie spotting! Alert! Julie Pinson is so damn gorgeous. And I've actually missed Jett, surprisingly. So the campus attack storyline is actually going to happen? I thought that was just wishful thinking from a fan.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I've been waiting for it all episode. "I hear your daughter is hell on wheels..."

:lol: Let me kiss the person that wrote that into today's dialogue.

Ellie

I could not stop crying. It was the most realistic death scene I have seen on TV (or in a movie, for that matter) in a very long time. I was so moved by how John was trying to get out each breath so that he could spend more time with Marlena and his friends and family, and how Marlena gave her final gift to him by telling him that it was ok to let go.

Everyone in that hospital room hit it out of the park. Deidre, Drake and Martha were amazing. The way everyone was crying was so powerful. Deidre told SOD that the crew had to look away, and now I see why.

The dialogue was also incredible, specifically Deidre's lines.... how said he'd be waiting for her, with arms open. And the way Deidre's tears were falling as she said it... she could barely get the lines out.

I was, however, appalled that the show ended on Sami and that silly annulment. What a shock to go from the draining hospital room scene to that.

And I am so sad that all of this superb acting, writing and direction seems to have to come at the expense of the life of John Black.

jcar03
Member Avatar

I'm gonna freak out on my cable company. Their digital cable is sucking and today it is jumping all over the place. AHHHHHH!!!!

King
Member Avatar

jcar03
Oct 17 2007, 04:09 PM
I'm gonna freak out on my cable company. Their digital cable is sucking and today it is jumping all over the place. AHHHHHH!!!!

Mine was doing that yesterday!

Do you have Dish Network?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply