Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Wed Oct 17 (US) - Tues Oct 16 (Can) - GOLD!; Hall knocks it OUT of the park!!
Topic Started: Oct 17 2007, 02:36 AM (2,608 Views)
px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Y'all know when I hate the show I'll say it. But this? Beautiful.

I fast-forwarded through Jeremy & Nick, except for when Maggie came in and did her awesome thing. The actress playing Morgan is so natural and soft that I find myself liking her, though I can't stand Stephanie and am not looking forward to this storyline.

But the meat of the show, the actual heart for the first time in a long, long time (imho) was spot on. I cried a little, though I've never been a John fan. Everyone who I felt needed to be involved directly was present.

Alfonso was great in her supporting role, but the one who broke me was Madison. Sitting there, bags under her eyes from the crying, really...amazing.

I agree with those who think the lighting in the next-to-last scene really worked. It reminded me of a play, actually, with the spotlight effect on the action with the others fading to the background a bit. That set a nice tone...

...which they quickly undermined with that Sami/Lucas bullshit. For me, that was a total slap in the face to everyone involved in the sad beauty of John's death. People just gave the best performances I have ever seen from them (and not just "good for Days" or even "good for a soap" but genuinely good) and they threw that shit after it as the last impression. Ridiculous.

Still, overall, pushing that out of my mind as though it never happened- it was a really, really great episode.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

Both Deidre and Martha are LONG overdue for some Emmys, if you ask me. They've both just been heartbreaking this week.

King
Member Avatar

Martha definitely needs one!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason AKA Hogan
Oct 18 2007, 04:22 PM
My God...there are simply no words to describe Wednesday's episode (I watch on iTunes, so I'm always a day behind). I cried. And cried. And cried. Hell, I'm still teary right now. If there were any justice in this world, DAYS would get the Emmy recognition that it richly deserves for this. It's even better than Zack's death, IMO. Although, I am FURIOUS that Sami and Lucas got the closing shot, when JOHN BLACK has just DIED. WTF were they thinking?! :angry:

I get what Kenny-boy (the ASSHOLE Kenny, Corday, that is) was trying to do: by including Sami and Lucas the episode cap, our resident ASSHOLE probably thought it was justified because it pushes plot, unlike the death scene, and it goes along with the whole "the show must go on" catchphrase. It wakes people up to realize that you have to tune in tomorrow, because there's MORE plot to come! It doesn't end with just John's death.

But of course, Ken-ASS (and I don't believe for a SECOND that was an Ed Scott decision) was WRONG. Any emotional punch was KILLED from having Samcas HOG the FUCKING SCREEN after one of the BIGGEST moments in daytime HISTORY.

It was sick, it was revolting, and Ken Corday should be FLOGGED for that shit.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

LoL, I love you, JSF. :lol: :wub:

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Don't forget the comparison between Sami & Marlena implied in the juxtaposition. Both women, telling their husbands to let go, literally/metaphorically killing their relationships...

Deleted User
Deleted User

px780
Oct 19 2007, 07:20 PM
Don't forget the comparison between Sami & Marlena implied in the juxtaposition.  Both women, telling their husbands to let go, literally/metaphorically killing their relationships...

sEE? I hated that scene so much I didn't even THINK of that.

But your observation is brilliant!

I like that -- IF Sami and Lucas broke up FIRST, right before the death. That's the ONLY way this could have worked, to be poetic, AND give Jarlena their DESERVED fadeout.

Oh, did I mention? FUCK YOU IN THE ASS WITH A BOWLING BALL, KEN CORDAY!

(a bowling ball because it would get STUCK up there, with no way out -- causing him LOTS o' pain! :))
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply