Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Thursday Oct. 17th - Give DAYS the emmy!; Best funeral in soap history! Bar NONE!
Topic Started: Oct 17 2007, 06:29 PM (2,793 Views)
King
Member Avatar

The pacing is GREAT!!! I love all of the short scenes!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 17 2007, 10:06 PM
Ugh, damn! None of those clips work for me!

Did you right click and save as?

Kenny
Member Avatar

Nevermind! Just had to open it in IE, LoL.

I'm gonna restrict myself to just watching the first segment... hopefully!

King
Member Avatar

80's Drake was such a beefcake! :wub:

Ughhh, Roman, you and your "strength!" He did this. I knoowwww he did!

Keith
Member Avatar

I had to save them to get them working.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

OK, I just watched tomorrow's episode, and WOW. I won't go into too much detail, because I think our Canadian friends have done that enough. LOL!

I can also say, I no longer believe that John Aniston's been MIA this long because of severe health problems. The man looked the best I've seen him look in a while and needs to be front-burner pronto! You'll love Victor's entrance and eulogy tomorrow!

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

They all worked for me..... except the one I really wanted to watch and that was the one with Victor. :angry:

King
Member Avatar

Loved Anna's speech. :wub: It's the next best thing if we couldn't have Carrie.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Oh and I LOVE Kate and EJ's exchange at the bar. Kate is truly the only one who can call EJ on his shit.

King
Member Avatar

I love this whole mystery...E.J. didn't shoot John.....so who did? Is it the same person who ran John over? Eee!

jcar03
Member Avatar

Didn't we have a converstation about EJ not being the one who shot John a few months ago? I will need to find the clip that shows it might not of been him.

Though I am amazed that in the world of soaps when everything is dragged out forever that the funeral is happening so quick.

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Oct 17 2007, 10:23 PM
They all worked for me..... except the one I really wanted to watch and that was the one with Victor. :angry:

Wouldn't work for me either. I like how they worked in those flashbacks. I didn't know that Steve brought John to Salem.
When Belle told John he just wanted her to hold him I lost it. Abe's speech was just, oh there is no words. Just tears.

Thanks for all of the clips everyone!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

King
Oct 17 2007, 10:44 PM
I love this whole mystery...E.J. didn't shoot John.....so who did? Is it the same person who ran John over? Eee!

Um... as much as I would love to believe EJ didn't shoot John, I think EJ was just covering his ass and lying to Kate.

For a long time I clung to hope it would be revealed that Tek was the shooter since if you watch the clips you will see at the time of the shooting EJ being surprised when John is hit during their struggle and Tek is at the door and seen stuffing something in the back of his pants. Then that balloon burst when Lexie returned and why Andre was the one to hold her captive rather than EJ was never explained and the existence of Tek was completely forgotten.

Keith
Member Avatar

Gonna have to stay up just for that segment after Victor bursts in. Damn bullshit clips.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Keith
Oct 17 2007, 11:07 PM
Gonna have to stay up just for that segment after Victor bursts in. Damn bullshit clips.

Where are you guys downloading clips from?

The clips I watched of tomorrow from The DiMera Den have Victor bursting in in them

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Uncle Jonny
Oct 17 2007, 09:00 PM
I watched tomorrow's episode and I agree, this episode was fantastic.

The show was so true to history and was so loyal and respectful the character of John Black that I just sat in awe as the episode unfolded.

There was so much in this episode that no recap will ever grab it all.

DO NOT MISS THE FIRST 2 MINUTES. Seriously, this might just be the best 2 minutes of the history of DAYS. It starts off back in 1991 or whenever Marlena returned. It is here on the pier with Roman(John, played by Drake) and their famous peir reunion. The music is beautiful. Unbelievable, really. I'm not sure I've ever heard this score on DAYS before. The scene makes this amazingly sad and nearly devestating transition to Marlena in the current day in the same spot on the same set. She's alone and wanting nothing more for John to reach out to her again.

We learn that Marlena did not go home last night. She went to find answers and that lead her to the peir. Roman comes around the corner and Marlena is heartbroken. It sinks in, John's gone. Roman tells her that Maggie and he were out looking for her all night and that the whole family is worried about her. They are at the pub preparing for the wake. This scene should be posted on youtube and watched 5 million times.

At the pub, the entire family is there, including Abe, Lexie and Celeste. Stephanie and Abe have a very interesting interaction. Steve and Kayla meanwhile go over the course of events the brought them to this. Doug and Julie are there and they all discuss how strong Caroline is acting but how worried they are about Shawn. Lucas goes outside for some air and is stunned to see EJ show up. They get into a fight and Doug, Abe and Steve call come out to back Lucas up. EJ says he was there to pay his respects and they tell him to get lost. The combo of Doug, Steve, Abe and Lucas all fighting and swearing at EJ is unreal to watch.

Chelsea explains to Jett that Nick is watching all the kids and that he didn't know John that well anyway. Belle, Sami and Shawn explain where Eric and Brady are - not here.

At the church, Hope and Bo are shocked to see the amazing funeral set up. They learn from the priest that Vivian set it up. She won't be coming to the funeral because she's "not welcome back in Salem."

Meanwhile, Tony shows up at Stephano's room with a bottle of champaign and offers to give it to Stpehano since he was originally going to drink with J/M. Stephano doesn't think it is funny. Anna shows up and takes Tony away to the funeral. Before she leaves she tells Stephano she can't believe she ever felt sorry for him and says he will get what he deserves. Foreshadowing?

At the funeral, a procession of amazing words are spoken about John. There is no way to pick the best moment but I think it goes to Sami's eugoly about her relationship with John. Caroline, Roman, Victor and Abe all have flashbacks about John (with no words) and everyone speaks directly to the coffin. Victor's return is especially brilliant and done in a very dramatic fashion. Roman later explains their unique history in a way that makes Roman both complex and the hero he once was.

As Marlena takes the podium she can't think of enough things to say about her true love. Just then, Stephano arrives and the show fades out.

This show deserves a 100 out of 10. There is no surpassing this episode. I've never seen anything like it.

Outstanding supporting performances by people like Shawn Sr. There is a great scene after Victor interupts the funeral where Shawn Sr. stands up and shakes Victor's hand. Caroline nearly loses it. Bo is in shock. I was blown away!!!

Characters like Billie, Phillip and Stephanie hardly say anything in this episode (Phil and Billie don't) but they are there and they perform perfectly. No joke, they did exactly what an actor is supposed to do in a situation like this and they nailed it.

But the three stars go to the dialogue writer, director and Dee Hall.

Especially the director who took so many amazing scenes and put them together perfectly. All the right people and the reactions are shown during everyone's speech. There is one scene that looks like cinema. Near the middle, the camera pans across the front row, by Lucas, Sami, Marlena, Belle and then Shawn-D. It holds on them in that row. It is like a portrait of sadness as Marlena is flanked by her daughters and their loved-ones. Marlena is so alone.

There are over a hundred illusions to past stories, past relationships, old rivalries and buried feelings. In the end, John is perfectly respected by all that happens in this episode.

Oh ya, and Bo and Hope have a great exchange about Vivian where Hope says "Vivian Alimain. That's a name I haven't heard in a while. I almost forgot all about her". Bo says something like, "well I guess she could never forget someone like John." Such respect is paid to history in this dialogue and to John/Drake.

Amazing

:clap: :clap:

You eloquently summed up exactly how I felt about this episode!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

The first 2 minutes reminds me of the Christmas episode in 2001, where it opened up showing the very first Days Christmas in 1965 in the Horton living room, and then fading to Frances Reid at the current date, also standing in the Horton living room.

It even opened with the old, original hourglass!

jcar03
Member Avatar

Yeah the Victor clip didn't work for me either. I was a mess during Abe, Belle and Sami's speeches.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Watching those clips, it finally dawned on me who Julie reminds me of! All these years, I've thought, "Damn it, she reminds me of someone... BUT WHO?!"

JUDY GARLAND!

Anyone else see it? I think it's the big eyes!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I have to say that the Thursday episode....

Days, you have outdone yourselves. What an incredible masterpiece.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply