Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Thursday Oct. 17th - Give DAYS the emmy!; Best funeral in soap history! Bar NONE!
Topic Started: Oct 17 2007, 06:29 PM (2,913 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

This might have Victor, not sure.

http://www.ohlookabird.com/dool/2007/DOOLoct17CDNc.wmv
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

It doesn't. It shows Anna walking away then goes on to Abe, etc.

I guess I will just have to wait until tomorrow.

jcar03
Member Avatar

We have already hit 3 pages and it hasn't even aired in the US yet. I have never seen, for any show, this much discussion. It is unbelievable.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I didn't want to watch the clips but it was just so damn tempting!

The best episode of Days of our Lives I have ever seen. I have been watching for the past 11 years, and there has never been an episode like today's, not while I was watching. Nothing comes close. The writing. The directing. The acting. All three were supurb and really brought this episode to be what it was, and that is simply amazing.

Whoever thought of opening the show with that pier scene from 1991, is a genius. I loved the way it phased into the present with Marlena now on the pier hoping to find John. Instead, she gets Roman. It shows the irony of the whole situation.

The pub scenes felt so realistic. Just to see all of the family and friends banning together getting things ready for the dinner after the funeral. It was nice seeing everyone in one room. It's great seeing Celeste again. Where has she been?

Sami said the line of the freaking century. "This day is not about me, you (EJ) or Lucas!" Never thought I'd hear someone say that. <_<

Victor's entrance was amazing. It added so much drama to the show. John Aniston has such a presence about him. I got chills when he stormed down that aisle. They need to utilize him more. Victor is a powerful man. He's not cartoon-like like the DiMeras. I'm more scared of Victor than Stefano. Not so much Andre. After those disguises (the woman, then the clown), he's one scary dude.

The eulogies were beautifully written and performed. James Reynolds, Martha Madison and Deidre Hall blew it out of the park. Josh Taylor even blew me away with his speech. I loved it. It was a nice little homage to the Roman/John mess.

King, I think you may be right about Roman. There was something in the way he was talking today during his speech. It sounded like he felt victorious as he is the last Roman standing. If he was the one that hit John, this is going to open a new can of worms. Could you imagine what the Bradys will think if he killed on of his own? If Roman was the one that killed John, it better be Roman, no pods or replacements, nothing. I want Roman to have killed John in a sick and twisted way of thinking that by killing John, he finally has his life back that he feels John stole away.

Just greatness. It saddens me to know that DAYS has no chance in hell of getting a nomination, let alone the win next year at the Emmys. They so deserve for these past few weeks.

Deleted User
Deleted User

You guys are killing me. I'm going to delete every FUCKING thing on my DVD-RW and hope that tomorrow is a "keeper" -- and I only do that for "Passions!" (Keepers). It all sounds so great. I'm glad I didn't read EVERYTHING that happened. I read one or two lines and got hooked. No one is spoiling this moment for ME!
Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

DrewHamilton
Oct 18 2007, 01:21 AM
King, I think you may be right about Roman. There was something in the way he was talking today during his speech. It sounded like he felt victorious as he is the last Roman standing. If he was the one that hit John, this is going to open a new can of worms. Could you imagine what the Bradys will think if he killed on of his own? If Roman was the one that killed John, it better be Roman, no pods or replacements, nothing. I want Roman to have killed John in a sick and twisted way of thinking that by killing John, he finally has his life back that he feels John stole away.

OMG! :o

I didn't think that Roman may have killed John, but I did sense that he was not as sad about it as everyone else. Almost as if he was using the event to get closer to Marlena. I suspected this most when they zoomed in on him reaching for her hand.

Scott
Member Avatar

Wow! That was by far the best funeral I have seen on daytime, to date. The emotions that the entire cast portrayed was amazing. Hell this was the best single episode on daytime in a long time. Days went above and beyond with this. I really hope the ratings reflect the work that must have gone into this.

Jonatha

Jinxed Soul
Oct 18 2007, 07:38 AM
DrewHamilton

I didn't think that Roman may have killed John, but I did sense that he was not as sad about it as everyone else. Almost as if he was using the event to get closer to Marlena. I suspected this most when they zoomed in on him reaching for her hand.

I've haven't been watching since John 'died' because I can't take it emotionally, plus I'm mad as hell about Drake. But I love what Drew posted. "it better be Roman, no pods or replacements." Sad but true! I just want to add no clones, brain chips, evil twins, or long lost cousins who've had surgery to make them look like whoever. :)

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Oct 18 2007, 12:54 PM
Jinxed Soul
Oct 18 2007, 07:38 AM
DrewHamilton

I've haven't been watching since John 'died' because I can't take it emotionally, plus I'm mad as hell about Drake. But I love what Drew posted. "it better be Roman, no pods or replacements." Sad but true! I just want to add no clones, brain chips, evil twins, or long lost cousins who've had surgery to make them look like whoever. :)

Thanks Jon for adding to the list just to clarify. :lol:

No, but really. Josh Taylor has been in this role for 10 years now. To me, he's made it his own. I know that could be because I never got to see Wayne in the role, but that's in the past now. If Roman turns out to be the one that hit John, it needs to actually be Roman, not faux-Roman, with the real Roman hid away somewhere. Lets make this already confusing storyline more confusing.

King
Member Avatar

Watching the clips online didn't really hit me, but seeing the funeral on the silver screen is really weighing in on the emotional scale!

King
Member Avatar

Oh GOSH! Who went and found these old flashback clips? Some of them are so random and they're short, but they are such a nice touch. Good job, DAYS. That Victor/John flashback...ugh. How cute! :wub:

King
Member Avatar

Great, great eulogies. Who wrote today's script? It is very, very good!

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

I love Victor barginging and saying his peace. Then when OMB stood and shook his hand. Very sweet of Anna to thank John for taking care of Carrie. I lost it a few times, the flashback at the beginning and I didn't even watch the show then. When Hope gave her speech, Abe saluting his friend and partner. Belle stating "I just want you to hold me". The characters are showing so much emotion and they aren't even talking. That is what makes this a very powerful episode.

Loved Marlena at the end.
Can't wait until tomorrow.
I cried like a baby today. I even had to rewind the show a couple times to hear what some of the people said because I was crying to loud. lol

Days has never been better. This is officially the most I have ever cried because of a soap and it is a characters death that I didn't really care about either way. Can't imagine this show without John.
Feels like I just lost a friend.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DrewHamilton
Oct 18 2007, 12:21 AM

Sami said the line of the freaking century. "This day is not about me, you (EJ) or Lucas!" Never thought I'd hear someone say that. <_<

As much as I agree with the sentiment, I wish we wouldn't have had that scene at all so the whole episode really could have been about John and not Ejamicas. Given that viewers know or at least have been led to believe that the DiMeras and EJ are NOT responsible for John's death it was unnecessary and ridiculous to have EJ nonsensically show up at the pub just because the show thought it would be fun for today's plot to call for Lucas of all people to punch him in the gut and give Team Brady an outlet for their sanctimony. WTF to Abe telling him to not even think of pressing charges? Or what? The Salem PD will arrest him on trumped up parking tickets charges again?

Aside from that the only quibbles I would have would be that Bo and Hope didn't reflect on Zack at all standing over the coffin. That would have made sense. Also, Alison Sweeney's performance really did nothing for me, but maybe that's because we've seen her do nothing but cry for the last 10 months so I couldn't really feel that much for Sami's grief.

The rest of the episode though was top notch, loved all of the flashbacks and all of the people of Salem turning out for this and all of the eulogists had me crying BUCKETS. I'm curious about a couple things though... Celeste's comment about how she thinks John will be a restless soul and Roman's weird behavior.

I don't know if I am supposed to believe that Roman may have been responsible for John's death or he is just trying to be supportive for Marlena or he may see this as his chance to move in on her. I did think the show screwed up in not having more scenes of Roman trying to be supportive/trying to win over Marlena while John was in the coma, because I think those things are in character for Roman and his relationship with Marlena whether I want Roman and Marlena to wind up together again or not (I don't).

Oh and Sami's talk about how John's death will count for something? Between that and the Marlena confrontation of Stefano at John's funeral am I the only one who has a feeling that EJ or Stefano will be killed by Sami in this sweeps or next? If we're not building up to something big like that I have no idea where this is going. I would be happy to be wrong however since I hate Sami and love EJ and Stefano right now, but it's just a feeling in my gut. Especially since it would be an excuse for Hogan to continue the Sami show with the murder and trial and all of that.

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

LMAO! I just turned on Ellen to see Stephen Nichols finally on there reading from her book. He is hilarious. He has some mood lighting, then decided he needed to flip up the patch, then pulled out his glasses to read.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

King
Oct 18 2007, 01:07 PM

Jodie Scholz.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm curious to hear if Ridge is watching these episodes this week...Also Nubia...please post your thoughts if your out there...

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSf1MVHXH5U...e.blogspot.com/

This is from Prevuze. Apparently, there are ALOT of flashbacks tomorrow, headlined by this J&M montage that is simply heartbreaking.

I will post my comments on yesterday and today's episodes soon but I found this and though I should help wet everyone's appetites for tomorrow. :)

King
Member Avatar

:( :wub:

I'm working on a montage for J&M, and I'm getting very, very sad just working on it!

King
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Oct 18 2007, 02:00 PM
King
Oct 18 2007, 01:07 PM

Jodie Scholz.

Thanks! I really, really liked it. Minus the whole "Farewell, my friend, my partner" line from Abe. :sleep:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply