Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Thursday Oct. 17th - Give DAYS the emmy!; Best funeral in soap history! Bar NONE!
Topic Started: Oct 17 2007, 06:29 PM (2,952 Views)
Days4Life
Unregistered

I have thought for months that something is off with Roman and that continued today. Every time I convince myself that it's nothing and I'm just imagining things, I get more fuel for my conspiracy theory--like today.

The best DAYS funeral ever! Although I kept wondering if anyone had checked to make sure there really is a body in that casket. The eulogies were all touching and I cried through every single one, but Victor was especially awesome. I miss him! He's so powerful and commanding, and we need a bad guy other than Stefano. Belle broke my heart...again. And Marlena--so strong, so dignified, and yet so tragic. Can't wait to see her with Stefano tomorrow.

I'm very nostalgic for Vivian after the mention of her today. Would love to see her blow back into town! I'm glad they acknowledged Brady, Eric and Carrie, too.

This was a beautiful, haunting, emotional episode--daytime drama at its finest. What a great week for DAYS! However, so sad for John Black...I will miss him and still can't believe he's really gone. I'm like Sami--I thought he was invincible.

Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

King
Oct 18 2007, 03:27 PM
Thanks! I really, really liked it. Minus the whole "Farewell, my friend, my partner" line from Abe. :sleep:

Aw, poor Abe. :lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Sidenote: After watching Hope's eulogy, I can't help but to notice that Kristian Alfonso looks very sick once again. A few years ago, she looked this way and people became concerned. Then, last year, she started to look a lot healthier. I don't know how long she's been looking like this, but today, those close-up shots really reminded me of a few years ago. She looks so skinny, so sick....

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Loving the flashbacks from John and Marlena's '99 wedding.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

All of the right people gave eulogies today. There was not one that was out of place, nor was there anyone in the church that I thought should have had a chance to say something. Great work, writers!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Ugh, I hate that Kate is not at the funeral. That's not like Kate at all. She care deeply for John, and I didn't really like that she wasn't there. And the fact that she and EJ are off drinking their sorrows isn't even that bad, but the fact that they are inside the pub??? Who in the hell let them inside? I thought the place was closed for the day? Could they not have went to the Penthouse Grille to drink, or another bar. It just didn't seem right to have them in the pub after what's happened.

My only gripe about today's show. Very impressive. :lol:

King
Member Avatar

OMG! If you can catch Chris Gerse's face on the left side of Roman when Stefano walks in at the end - HILARIOUS!!!!!!! He's such a...ugh. Haha.

He looks soooo confused. As usual, but funnier.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

King
Oct 18 2007, 02:27 PM
IMissAremid
Oct 18 2007, 02:00 PM
King
Oct 18 2007, 01:07 PM
Great, great eulogies. Who wrote today's script? It is very, very good!

Jodie Scholz.

Thanks! I really, really liked it. Minus the whole "Farewell, my friend, my partner" line from Abe. :sleep:

Awwwwwww. Like Drew said, poor Abe. I cried like a baby when Abe called him partner. LOL.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Just saw the opening scene..and loved that they opened with the pier scene..That was amazing back when it first aired and it was so nice seeing it again..what a nice way to honor john and marlena's love..Too bad i have to head to work...Really want to watch the rest of the show now..

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I am watching this episode LIVE today and man oh man, I teared up again.

When Kristian Alfonso beautifully delivered Hope's beautiful display of emotions I freaking lost it....again.

This funeral was just so emotional and sad...the directing really enhanced the emotion will all of the flashes to Marlena/Belle/Sami and to other members in the church.

3MFan

I finally watched Today episode.After seeing Yesterdays's and Tues show I can say with confident it is the best I seen days since B&H gave up JT.There was stuff here and there that have made me cry that I couldn't simply watch but it was to much.I was very moved by Caroline and Marlena today.I thought everyone involved was amazing.I thought Leann in particular was fantastic in her speech about how he took care of Carrie and how much he meant to her.

The one person in the last 3 days that has moved me consistently has surprisingly has been Belle.Martha has done a tremendous job displaying Belle's heartache her pain even without crying.It was the simple thing like putting her hand over her mouth.Laying her head on John trying to keep her compusure(sp?)when she walked into the church her trying really hard not to cry but not being able to.She has stolen the show the last 3 days.Its really sad that they waste her talent on that drivel Shelle/Phelle/Belle endless flip flopping because she is really great.

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Oct 18 2007, 03:00 PM
I cried like a baby when Abe called him partner. LOL.

Me too
I had to rewind and listen again. :lol:

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 18 2007, 02:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSf1MVHXH5U...e.blogspot.com/

This is from Prevuze. Apparently, there are ALOT of flashbacks tomorrow, headlined by this J&M montage that is simply heartbreaking.

I thought I was all cried out, I was wrong :(

Kenny
Member Avatar

Hmm, during an interview today in Australia, Deidre Hall was asked about whether or not Marlena would be seeking revenge for John's death.

Her reply was, "We're not going to talk about that, but everything is fine."

Was Deidre instructed not to talk about John's death? And 'everything is fine?' Maybe John's still alive?! LoL

King
Member Avatar

OMG?

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

i just think that she didn't want that to be the focus of the interview..And isn't Australia behind on Days anyway..why talk about it?

Ponz
Member Avatar

Definitely an Emmy worthy show. Superbly scripted, directed and acted.

Apart from Roman (who sounded a little on the smug side), the eulogies were all beautifully portrayed. Aniston and Reynolds were killing me today. These two are just phenomenal and DAYS rarely gives them a chance to show it.

Victor: No, I wasn't invited. :lol: :hail:

The mini-flashbacks while the characters were talking was a nice touch. What a pleasure to see them in original form with no special effects or horrible grey tint.

Dear Wyman,

:flipoff:

Regards,
Ponz

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Oct 18 2007, 05:54 PM
i just think that she didn't want that to be the focus of the interview..And isn't Australia behind on Days anyway..why talk about it?

I think it is 10 months.

King
Member Avatar

I also wonder what Celeste saying "His soul is not at rest" means. Clue? Or just that his killer is still at large?

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

King
Oct 18 2007, 07:12 PM
I also wonder what Celeste saying "His soul is not at rest" means. Clue? Or just that his killer is still at large?

I took it as either the killer still being out there or the DiBrady not being over.

Hell, it could mean that he still needs to figure out who the third assassin is. <_<

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply